Rangers To Be Given South Stand

Football club survived well over 120 years without allocated seating or indeed any seating whatsoever.

All that has happened is that an entitlement complex has been allowed to build up amongst season ticket holders which constantly hamstrings the clubs ability to adapt to changing financial circumstances.

Football attendances were declining before stadiums became all seated and reserved seating was introduced.

Attendances have greatly increased since reserved seating was introduced, to a post 1950s high. It has encouraged season ticket sales and allowed football clubs to plan with a bigger - and known - income.

IIRC Dundee changed their policy on season ticket holders reserving seats a few seasons back. Since then season ticket sales at Dens Park have been booming.

Yup, that's the only possible reason their season ticket sales can have increased.

IIRC Dundee changed their policy on season ticket holders reserving seats a few seasons back. Since then season ticket sales at Dens Park have been booming.

Not true! Direct quote from a Dundee season ticket holder today on the question if season ticket holders have allocated seating or not ......

Allocated seats. It's one of the main reasons I buy a season ticket tbh.

Not true! Direct quote from a Dundee season ticket holder today on the question if season ticket holders have allocated seating or not ......

Allocated seats. It's one of the main reasons I buy a season ticket tbh.

I think it maybe a good idea non allocated seat season tickets. Groups of season ticket holders and non season ticket holders can go to the game together and sit together in prime seats if they get along early enough. I think it would encourage more non season ticket holders to attend more games knowing they will be able to sit with their mates who have season tickets. Not all fans can get season tickets for many reasons. Would probably generate a better atmosphere in the stadium.

The club could trial it with the West Stand where I sit and have allocated season ticket seats in the Main Stand and South Stand. It would encourage fans in the West Stand to get to the ground earlier probably leading to increased sales in merchandise, food, Match Day programmes etc. Instead of someone like me who is usually late and is rushing to catch the kickoff and too rushed to stop trying to get to my seat.

Worth a try I think?

I think it maybe a good idea non allocated seat season tickets. Groups of season ticket holders and non season ticket holders can go to the game together and sit together in prime seats if they get along early enough. I think it would encourage more non season ticket holders to attend more games knowing they will be able to sit with their mates who have season tickets. Not all fans can get season tickets for many reasons. Would probably generate a better atmosphere in the stadium.

The club could trial it with the West Stand where I sit and have allocated season ticket seats in the Main Stand and South Stand. It would encourage fans in the West Stand to get to the ground earlier probably leading to increased sales in merchandise, food, Match Day programmes etc. Instead of someone like me who is usually late and is rushing to catch the kickoff and too rushed to stop trying to get to my seat.

Worth a try I think?

Totally agree and have long said so.

That also gives capacity for incentives to increase the crowd by letting newcomers sit next to the person who brought them!

Problem is... Despite the fact that the majority of current ST holders would almost Certainly still sit in the same seat and definitely the same area ... They want to arrive right on kick off and like a German with a towel on a sunlounger in Tenerife... Bagsy their exact spot regardless of when they choose to make use of it.

Daft and detrimental to the club IMO. Too restrictive.

Totally agree and have long said so.

That also gives capacity for incentives to increase the crowd by letting newcomers sit next to the person who brought them!

Problem is... Despite the fact that the majority of current ST holders would almost Certainly still sit in the same seat and definitely the same area ... They want to arrive right on kick off and like a German with a towel on a sunlounger in Tenerife... Bagsy their exact spot regardless of when they choose to make use of it.

Daft and detrimental to the club IMO. Too restrictive.

Reported for anti-German 1970s style stereotyping and casual racism.

Shame on you!

Edited by pozbaird

What if they were stand specific but just not seat specific?

They could do that but it could mean that they close half a stand and fit all ST holders into one end, then it's up to how early you go if you want your preferred area to sit in. I would still go but wouldn't bother with a season ticket.

They could do that but it could mean that they close half a stand and fit all ST holders into one end, then it's up to how early you go if you want your preferred area to sit in. I would still go but wouldn't bother with a season ticket.

ST incentives would still exist though.

Saving on cost over a season.

Instant access on match day... No queuing for tickets.

Random rewards throughout the season... For example, weekly draw or monthly draw exclusive to ST holders.

As for halfing a stand, the limitschave been set by the stadium build.

Current split in West stand or an all/nothing scenario.

ST incentives would still exist though.

Saving on cost over a season.

Instant access on match day... No queuing for tickets.

Random rewards throughout the season... For example, weekly draw or monthly draw exclusive to ST holders.

As for halfing a stand, the limitschave been set by the stadium build.

Current split in West stand or an all/nothing scenario.

Lose the fact my ST gets my arse parked on W3 H75 every game and I wouldn't buy an ST, would just rack up each week as a PATG punter. Cost saving? I miss a few home games each season due to holidays or whatever, so buying an ST doesn't save me money at all. A mate uses my ST when I happen to miss games. When we were at Love Street, we got to know the family sitting in front of us, so when we moved to the new midden, six of us picked STs together again. On any given Saturday, I might arrive at 2pm, Michael could arrive at 2.55pm, and the four folk we became friendly with could all rack up at four different times - yet we all always sit down together to watch the game at 3. It's a huge attraction of having an ST. No sense of entitlement, no sense of being precious about it, it's the biggest single attraction in having an ST for me. Lose that aspect and I would have no reason to buy an ST. It's pretty much the only reason I buy one.

Surely scope exists to designate PART of the dinkydome for non-specific seat STs? I know - boot the family stand scum into a corner of the main stand every week, freeing up the South for non seat specific ST holders.

Edited by pozbaird

I agree with it should be only one stand used for non seat allocated season tickets but it should be the West Stand that would be the most viable option. Even though I don't like it but when a visiting team need more tickets we give them part of that stand it stops any debate of what has been decided for the last home game and it generates cash for our club.

I see people saying the reason they buy a season ticket is because they get an allocated seat well they still could in the Main / South Stand. I think a club like ours has to try things like this to generate extra cash

Thought of having to turn up at 2.30 and sit watching the grass fior half an hour to get a good seat would not only stop me buying an ST it would probably stop me full stop.

Fact clubs did not use to have specific STs is neither here nor there When it was all terracing it did not matter what time you turned up you could push your way in if you were big enough or slippery enough..

Lose the fact my ST gets my arse parked on W3 H75 every game and I wouldn't buy an ST, would just rack up each week as a PATG punter. Cost saving? I miss a few home games each season due to holidays or whatever, so buying an ST doesn't save me money at all. A mate uses my ST when I happen to miss games. When we were at Love Street, we got to know the family sitting in front of us, so when we moved to the new midden, six of us picked STs together again. On any given Saturday, I might arrive at 2pm, Michael could arrive at 2.55pm, and the four folk we became friendly with could all rack up at four different times - yet we all always sit down together to watch the game at 3. It's a huge attraction of having an ST. No sense of entitlement, no sense of being precious about it, it's the biggest single attraction in having an ST for me. Lose that aspect and I would have no reason to buy an ST. It's pretty much the only reason I buy one.

Surely scope exists to designate PART of the dinkydome for non-specific seat STs? I know - boot the family stand scum into a corner of the main stand every week, freeing up the South for non seat specific ST holders.

I agree. Go all non-allocated and it's the end of season tickets for me as I do miss games throughout the season also so cost per game attended might actually work out lower by picking and choosing.

The main draw for me is that I can rock up at 2.55 and head straight to the same seat every week with my daughter rather than having to force her to stand around in cold weather if I was having to arrive early to blag the same, or equivalent view, seat every game. If I was to turn up at 2.55 with non allocated only being the first couple of rows exposed to the worst of the wind and rain I can't see her continuing to attend.

Not saying that a section couldn't be piloted, or perhaps offering rows A-C current empty seats further back and using the 1st 3 rows as non allocated, perhaps lowering the cost to compensate for lack of specific choice/less impressive viewing. Just don't think it works for all, and certainly not for me and my family.

Unless you attend every home game no incentive to buy st if no allocated seat. Also would not sit in main stand for a st due to sun in eyes when it occasionally shines. Most punters st or not sit in same area every week. I put my money up in advance every season not to save money but to support the club and frankly to give me some incentive to actually attend what have been in the most part for along time very poor entertainment.

Raith are to move Season Ticket Holders from their Main Stand to accommodate The Newcunto FC 2012 bigot fans for next week's match.

The move is expected to generate £30000 for Rovers.

Aye, quite a few urnie happy, a whole 10 pages generated on this subject. whistling.gif

Just shows ye, we have more passionate fans. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

another demonstration of rangers & Celtic's claims that they bankroll Scottish football.

A sad state of affairs and one that I wish, the club I support wouldn't stoop to.

another demonstration of rangers & Celtic's claims that they bankroll Scottish football.

A sad state of affairs and one that I wish, the club I support wouldn't stoop to.

To a certain extent they do, nowhere as much as they think but, like it or not, they will still bring more support than most, therfore they add to other teams budgets.

Quite what you expect is beyond reason, well, business reason.

Will you buy us a player next season with a spare £30,000?

I'm not for one second saying that this issue is less than ideal but it's certainly not the level of angst that some are trying to portray.

As I posted, 10 pages of discussion on the Raith Rovers forum against 40 here, kind of says a lot about our support and their willingness to make a drama out of a molehill.