Saints Vs. Raith 22/03/16

Got to wonder if there's a contractual reason for not playing Goodwin, like an automatic renewal after 'x' amount of games or something like that

beginning to wonder if its something like this,we were ok for 1st 15 20 mins tonight then beat with 2 punts up the park ,just like at starks park,,but my main worry is rae thinks mallan and agnew are good enough to win a battle in midfield ,neither can win a ball in the air ,so we are constantly looking to win 2nd ball but are way too slow to even win 3rd ball,so at half time he changed a centre half and a no 10 ,bonkers we lost the ball all night in centre circle but if rae and Farrell cant see this then we have way bigger problems than we think ,

What a bizarre post.

You list 3 potential rivals who will all have bigger budgets than us, and then question why I'm only wanting the top 4.

to be fair we have the 3rd biggest budget this season look were we've ended up.

Also a wee mention for Leicester

We should be aiming to win the championship every year

to be fair we have the 3rd biggest budget this season look were we've ended up.

Also a wee mention for Leicester

We should be aiming to win the championship every year

Yeah we should have finished top 4 and we didn't cause of poor management. Leicester are an exception not the rule.

Hibs and Dundee Utd can both spend 6 figure transfer fees on single players. That's more than our entire transfer spend this century combined. There's very little chance we will win the league next year.

However, playoffs are a realistic and achievable goal.

Thought we deserved a point, probably because Raith took their foot off the gas in the second half, but still, with Shankland missing an open goal and a few more flurries around their penalty box, I think we deserved a point.

Still cannot hide the bleedin' obvious though, this is a very poor St Mirren squad with one or two exceptions. Alex Rae at least tried to change it up at half time, instead of sitting on his hands doing jack shit until the last ten minutes. Men of the match were clearly Raith's No 11 and the wee No 18 who worked in tandem.

Let's give Alex Rae a chance to build his own squad over the summer and get ready to go again in Season 2016/17. Until such times.... have a great summer everyone. Enjoy.

Really disappointed tonight started of well I thought were pushing for a goal when we lost the first goal but our defence was missing and was possibly off side?

Then it just got worse the more we attacked the worse we got!

I like Jack Baird but it was a massive mistake that gave them there second goal I was gutted for him and he looked shakey and nervous after the goal although he did help in setting up our goal...

Think Rae was right to sub him tonight. Thought Rae's team selection was baffling as were his substitutions.

Agnew was MOM and am no even on drugs when I am saying that!

Got really annoyed at Garry Irvine tonight the amount of times he could have passed to McCallister but punted it long and lost possesion and his chasing and trying to foul shadows and failing at both!

Been impressed by Rae's results up till tonight his selections were as bad as the teams performance.

West Stand lines man was a Joke referee was not the best thought Gallagher got fouled all night and never got any free kicks!

Baird was (slightly) pushed in the back just before his awfull header to Clangers. Very clever foul by their player. No excuses though. That was brutal. We have no midfield whatsoever.

At the risk of sounding like Shull, we need a massive clear out. I'd keep Watson and McAllister. The rest can start looking elsewhere now. Not good enough.

Edited by Herbie

Yeah we should have finished top 4 and we didn't cause of poor management. Leicester are an exception not the rule.

Hibs and Dundee Utd can both spend 6 figure transfer fees on single players. That's more than our entire transfer spend this century combined. There's very little chance we will win the league next year.

However, playoffs are a realistic and achievable goal.

Dundee United are £1.28m in debt and posted an operating loss last year of £799k. The only reason they posted a profit at all was the money they got in through player transfers out. In the current season they've raised £2m in transfers out and paid a grand total of £0,00 replacing them. I'm not too sure where you are getting the idea that Dundee United will spend 6 figure sums on anyone without them first having to sell big once again - and I'm not convinced that anyone would deem any of their current playing staff worth any money at all.

Got to wonder if there's a contractual reason for not playing Goodwin, like an automatic renewal after 'x' amount of games or something like that

Goodie made my grandkids night by running over and giving him a signed tee shirt. (The only thing that saved the wee yins night.) Thanks again Jim.

Hope it wasn't because he thought it might be his last act.

Dundee United are £1.28m in debt and posted an operating loss last year of £799k. The only reason they posted a profit at all was the money they got in through player transfers out. In the current season they've raised £2m in transfers out and paid a grand total of £0,00 replacing them. I'm not too sure where you are getting the idea that Dundee United will spend 6 figure sums on anyone without them first having to sell big once again - and I'm not convinced that anyone would deem any of their current playing staff worth any money at all.

Mackay, Anier, Souter mark 2,

I can clearly remember being asked before we even appointed Murray are were heading to the championship which manager would I choose instead who was within our budget, and had an actual track record (unlike Murray).

I said McKinnon, and many laughed, derided that pick, over a season he has shown what he can do with a squad, and who he can attract through contacts.

With our facilities and set up he would have had us at least in fourth place.

Rae now worries me, no doubt we got some results and pulled away from bottom of the league, but he is begining to look like a one trick pony!

Next season will tell, mainly because he will have a reduced budget, and lesser quality(dont laugh) to work with. If Shankland can get a gig at another club he'll be off, especially anything in the Prem, likewise Mallan I would guess. The rest too old or too young foranyone to be interested in unless one of the OF snap up McCallister and loan him out.

Dundee Utd have the third biggest playing budget in the SPFL Premiership, according to their own chairman.

That was dire to watch last night......................... Not just the Saints performance, which was especially dire, but overall it was a terrible advert for a game called football.

The Ball was in the air half the time and almost 90% of the time it was an aimless up in the air punt, or header.

I find it hard to motivate myself to return this season as there is virtually nothing left to play for, other than a headlong dive back into the relegation tussle.

God it was depressing, not helped by a linesman (sorry assistant referee) not keeping up with play and missing a blatant offside then compounding it in the 2nd half with yet more bad decisions, including not giving offside against Saints when again he was far behind play.

Dreadful in all departments................. watching paint dry came close to being preferable. thumbdown.gifthumbdown.gifthumbdown.gif

P.S. if that's 4th place secured for Raith playing at that standard I can only hope we can raise our game next season to match it, or should I say better it!

Just looking at the final 6 games which ought to have been meaningless but out of 18 points available, I feel we may be lucky to get a handful. This would likely send us back into a relegation scrap. Best get rid of as many players as possible, and if the manager remains, better keep fingers crossed for a vast improvement from him and his assistant.

Looks like another period in the wilderness for Saints unfortunately. Wonder what the crowds will be like from now until the end of the season.

No Goodwin again, overun, and lost out on possesion. Its not feckin rocket science. Rae just doesnt like him, but gives Thommo and Gow game time everyweek now. Why is that Alex?

Did Murray mark your card?

You couldn't make it up...........................

I'm sorry, you have.

I thought we were going to cruise it last night.So many chances made but nobuddie could stick the ball in the net.

The 1st goal was a bad one to lose but credit to Raith for their breakaway.The 2nd was a terrible goal to give away,I hope Baird recovers from his mistake and from being subbed.

We never gave up but never looked like taking anything from the game.

Raith were nothing special but I hope they go on to win the play offs.

Our season is over altho we should be going all out to ensure we finish above the Soap Dodgers.