Saints Vs. Raith 22/03/16

It's clear he doesn't fancy Goodwin for whatever reason and Jim will be away in the summer. That'll be that, nothing else to see.

Rae's remit when he came in was to keep up up and he's did that with ease. He's been a success thusfar.

His remit next season is to get is in the top 4. Let's hope his success continues.

Most of us would have settled for us keeping us up this season after where we were when he took over. He has turned things around and built a decent platform for us to challenge for 5th / 6th this season. He was able to bring in more players than we expected in January and I for one will be disappointed if we finish the season 7th or 8th. We have the 3rd biggest playing budget in the league this season and some decent players to work with. I don't think our squad is so good that a fit Jim Goodwin is our 12th choice midfielder though and how Rae can sit back and watch us being outfought and over run in midfield and decide to keep Goodwin on the bench as an unused sub all game.

Of course budgets greatly affect things, but I didn't expect St Mirren to go toe-to-toe with the likes of The Sevco and Hibs in ability to spend on what are clearly better players than we can attract. What has greatly annoyed me is our inability to go toe-to-toe over the course of this season with the likes of Raith Rovers, who over the piece, look stronger, fitter, better organised, better coached, and more motivated than St Mirren. Indeed, in Murray's reign, Dumbarton and Livingston looked stronger, fitter, better organised....

Bloody awful season. What turned out to be a shite manager with shite signings, shite tactics, shite performances, shite results, overseen by an increasingly shite BoD.

Plus points - the kit is night and day better than the jolly roger kiddies pirate kit, and Alex Rae is an improvement on Murray.

Shite, shite, shitey-shite, with added shite sprinkled on top for added shiteness.

Just looking at the final 6 games which ought to have been meaningless but out of 18 points available, I feel we may be lucky to get a handful. This would likely send us back into a relegation scrap. Best get rid of as many players as possible, and if the manager remains, better keep fingers crossed for a vast improvement from him and his assistant.Looks like another period in the wilderness for Saints unfortunately. Wonder what the crowds will be like from now until the end of the season.

The manager is contracted for next season so is going nowhere :-)

to be fair we have the 3rd biggest budget this season look were we've ended up.

Also a wee mention for Leicester

We should be aiming to win the championship every year

are you guessing we have the third largest budget or do you have proof me have the third largest budget ? I'm not sure we have to be honest.

are you guessing we have the third largest budget or do you have proof me have the third largest budget ? I'm not sure we have to be honest.

I'm pretty sure that Falkirk and Raith Rovers are also run on a shoe string budget compared to Sevco and Hibs... we just blew our budget on Iain Murray, Mark Spalding, Alex Miller and compensating them (except Miller) when they left by mutual consent, and guys like Luke Conlan, Paul McMullan, Scott Agnew, Cameron Howieson, Steven Thompson, Alan Gow etc (to list our early summer signings we built the team around - not one player from that group has held down a regular starting place).

I'm hoping Rae has a better eye for players in our price range... but can't think of too many outstanding successes among his own January signings.

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

TV highlights on STV news inclusive re possible offside.What was clear however on their second goal was the hand on Baird's shoulder which you could argue caused him to blunder with the attempted headed pass pack to keeper. Many refs would have given a foul in this instance.The ref and his assistants were poor and just let Raith away with blatant time wasting from the 46th minute moreover they were allowed to take throw-ins and free kicks from more or less from where they liked apart from one instance when they cheated at a throw-in and he awarded the throw-in to Saints. The real fiasco was when Saints attempted to take a quick free kick and we were prevented by two of Raith's players. A blatant case of encroachment and no action taken by this blundering referee.Little wonder Alex lost the plot.