Alloa Athletic V St Mirren Championship 26/3/16

shull

3 games in a week and win 2 away and unlucky at home to Raith. Football is not good but it has been a tough week and tougher season.

3 wins out of 4.

The form is good. We aren't a good team, but we don't have to be to win games at this level.

Said it before will say it again, had we appointed Rae in the summer we would be in the playoffs.

Dunno how anyone could take anything positive out of that game today other than Jamie Langfields remarkable save to keep St Mirren on level terms. St Mirren were absolutely dreadful. I keep reading people on here who think Jordan Stewart is a player.....f**king laughable on todays performance. I didn't count a single completed pass, easily closed down and stopped nothing at all down his wing. And if Mallan is one of the best Under 21's this country has on offer then we really do need to address player development as a matter of extreme urgency. On todays performance Mallan wouldn't have got a game in the Wishaw Wycombe crocked parents football team. The only pass marks I gave were for Langfield and to Shankland who beavered away up front with absolutely no support for most of the game, and with absolutely no supply.

And as for Rae I thought he said he didn't like all that tippy tappy football and he was going to have the players lug it long all the time. That certainly wasn't the game today. Loads of short poorly executed passes to standing statues. It was awful.

Listen I know they are still awaiting a win but most teams would struggle on a horrible surface which has been narrowed by 12yards.Christ we might must finish 5th.fantastic given Murray's record.Lets all be happy.

They have 4 draws all season at home and no wins so how has most clubs struggled at their ground ?

Dunno how anyone could take anything positive out of that game today other than Jamie Langfields remarkable save to keep St Mirren on level terms. St Mirren were absolutely dreadful. I keep reading people on here who think Jordan Stewart is a player.....f**king laughable on todays performance. I didn't count a single completed pass, easily closed down and stopped nothing at all down his wing. And if Mallan is one of the best Under 21's this country has on offer then we really do need to address player development as a matter of extreme urgency. On todays performance Mallan wouldn't have got a game in the Wishaw Wycombe crocked parents football team. The only pass marks I gave were for Langfield and to Shankland who beavered away up front with absolutely no support for most of the game, and with absolutely no supply.

And as for Rae I thought he said he didn't like all that tippy tappy football and he was going to have the players lug it long all the time. That certainly wasn't the game today. Loads of short poorly executed passes to standing statues. It was awful.

Hard to argue with any of that. We couldn't string two passes together, the midfeild was rotten, the defence shakey, especially down the left, and we offered very little going forward. We robbed Alloa today in all honesty, and have Langfield to thank for keeping us in it on several occasions. To think some people want to get rid of him as well.

They have 4 draws all season at home and no wins so how has most clubs struggled at their ground ?

As always, it's tough to argue against agendas with facts.

Watch how quiet this forum is next week.

The agenda driven brigade don't fancy it after we win.

Surely the biggest positive when we played so poorly is winning 3 points away from home? Nothing will change this season as our squad is what it is. Judge Rae next season with his squad but for now at least our Saturday is not ruined by a loss of points.

Surely the biggest positive when we played so poorly is winning 3 points away from home? Nothing will change this season as our squad is what it is. Judge Rae next season with his squad but for now at least our Saturday is not ruined by a loss of points.

You must remember that SD used to be a St Mirren supporter but not any longer. He also loathes our BoD and he is unwilling to attribute any positives to our on-field (or off-field) accomplishments.

Fair enough.

It puzzles me that, based on his posts on B&W Army, he seems to attend more of our games (home and away) than the majority of St Mirren supporters.

Fixation I suppose.

Lets be absolutely honest here we were s soft touch under Murray and Spalding.Rae has made us solid and determined and we now have a foundation to build on.In my opinion there are a few players he would like

to hold onto and no doubt he is already planning for next season.I would love now to finish 5th.COYS

A lot of silent scrambling going on here.

I bet that they had it prepared. Even if we drew, they had it prepared. Copy paste, control v.

Such a shame.

Modify, copy, then delete. Save it for next week. Maybe then we will lose, maybe then you can get your release.

Edited by TopCat

You must remember that SD used to be a St Mirren supporter but not any longer. He also loathes our BoD and he is unwilling to attribute any positives to our on-field (or off-field) accomplishments.

Fair enough.

It puzzles me that, based on his posts on B&W Army, he seems to attend more of our games (home and away) than the majority of St Mirren supporters.

Fixation I suppose.

Once a St.Mirren supporter always a St.Mirren supporter.

FT 0-1

Probably the worst Saints win I've ever seen. A draw would have been fair, neither side deserved 3 points.

We got a wee shiter break from a long throw and Keef Watson stuck it in.

What a player he is by the way, far too good for us.

Nothing else to add really... Is it next season yet?

The kind of player one should be building their team around. So he should be good for us,

The kind of player one should be building their team around. So he should be good for us,

Yeah i see your and similar points that have been made today. Make him captain and all that jazz.

The reality is that we will offer him the best contract we can. And a team like St Johnstone/Dundee/ICT/Motherwell/Dundee Utd will offer him a better contract.

He will then sign the best contract, as he should. If I was him I would take the most money on offer, no shame there. He has no loyalty to us.

If we are offering him the most money it's due to one thing.... The failure of top flight scouting systems. Fingers crossed for multiple failure across the SPFL Premiership scouting network.

Edited by TopCat