Alloa Athletic V St Mirren Championship 26/3/16

shull

No, my son plays in the LFDA Juvenile leagues. He isn't even first choice for his team in that position and rightly so. I'm not pushing my son for a place in the St Mirren team. I'm making the point that Jordan Stewart should never be a full time professional footballer - a conclusion I've drawn over a number of matches where the lad has played in a number of different positions and failed to look at all capable in any of them. I'd class him as worse than Mark Crilly and he was a f**king awful footballer.

Anyway I've got to laugh at the notion that being a Scottish Championship player makes you "good". FFS clubs in this league fight over players being released by Gateshead as their star signings.

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Saw super star Sam Nicholson today. He's the new Ryan Gauld. I don't mean that in a good way. Just checked the stats. Did "shite" Stevie Mallan score more goals in half a season for the team relegated then he's managed in two seasons in the top flight.

Seems he did lol.gif

ETA and is a year older

Edited by insaintee

I'd be interested to know your estimate, out of interest, of how many good performances we have had this season where we were unlucky and didn't get a result. I'm struggling to think of any to be honest.

Not many to be honest but I was thinking about previous seasons too. Certainly our two games at IPox deserved better.

Going only by radio updates on Saturday, it seems we were very lucky not only to win, but avoid defeat.Although we are 10 pts ahead of Livi and 8 ahead of Dumbarton, I think our final games will be on a knife edge. I don't expect to pick up more than 2 points before the season ends so it depends how many points our rivals manage.I`m afraid Alex Rae will have to do very much better if he is allowed another chance next season. It is working out much as I had predicted from him, unfortunately.

You don't think we can get a win at Dumbarton or home to Soaps? If Scumgers have tied up the league by the last game of the season then it is likely we will play a less experienced side. Even if we only take 2 points, Livvy would need to win 4 and draw 1 of their final 6 matches. They have to play Scumgers, Hibs, Raith and Morton IIRC. There is a 6 pointer too with Dumbarton.

2 mins of of 'top' action here i've edited. How 2 mins can make the whole match look thrilling! ;)

Goal came from a long throw in similar to the goal we got against Raith at home. Maybe they do try things out when training whistling.gif

Saw super star Sam Nicholson today. He's the new Ryan Gauld. I don't mean that in a good way. Just checked the stats. Did "shite" Stevie Mallan score more goals in half a season for the team relegated then he's managed in two seasons in the top flight.

Seems he did lol.gif

ETA and is a year older

Watching John McGinn tonight - do they teach players to play the ball across the back four to your right back like that at Paisley? Quality skills.....:rolleyes:

Watching John McGinn making his Scotland debut and playing well tonight - do they teach players to play the ball across the back four to your right back like that at Paisley? Quality skills.....rolleyes.gif

ETA and winning man of the match

FIFY

ETA watched Henderson this afternoon lol.gif

Seriously though judging from the current crop of u21s we're f**kedthumbdown.gif

EFTA lol.giflol.giflol.gifbye1.gif

Edited by insaintee

FIFY

ETA watched Henderson this afternoon lol.gif

Seriously though judging from the current crop of u21s we're f**kedthumbdown.gif

EFTA lol.giflol.giflol.gifbye1.gif

That's been my point. The Youth Development Academies have let Scottish Football down. An expensive waste of taxpayers and sponsors money. Ralston has been as guilty as anywhere else - especially when you look at how shit Jordan Stewart is. He couldn't even make that shite Scotland Under 21 squad you so clearly enjoyed watching :rolleyes:

McGinn did OK, but that pass to Whittaker on the 80th ish minute was just amateurish stupid. Floated from the left back area to the right back across the back four. The commentary team were very kind to McGinn when they blamed Whittaker for not clearing it.

And to compound things Bridcutt actually has two Scotland caps now. f**k me. They really do give these things out like sweets.

That's been my point. The Youth Development Academies have let Scottish Football down. An expensive waste of taxpayers and sponsors money. Ralston has been as guilty as anywhere else - especially when you look at how shit Jordan Stewart is. He couldn't even make that shite Scotland Under 21 squad you so clearly enjoyed watching :rolleyes:

McGinn did OK, but that pass to Whittaker on the 80th ish minute was just amateurish stupid. Floated from the left back area to the right back across the back four. The commentary team were very kind to McGinn when they blamed Whittaker for not clearing it.

And to compound things Bridcutt actually has two Scotland caps now. f**k me. They really do give these things out like sweets.

I was down watching Blackburn v Leeds recently and through Bridcutt was the stand out player, however, he wasn't up against too much in the Blackburn midfield.

That's been my point. The Youth Development Academies have let Scottish Football down. An expensive waste of taxpayers and sponsors money. Ralston has been as guilty as anywhere else - especially when you look at how shit Jordan Stewart is. He couldn't even make that shite Scotland Under 21 squad you so clearly enjoyed watching rolleyes.gif

Said the sad clueless plumber / security guard / shelf stacker / walter mitty who hangs about with wee boys .

One pass?

Seriously?

Young lad makes a monumental step up to his full international debut... Against a more than competent side... And to justify your agenda you pick on one pass by someone most pundits named man of the match.

You really have plumbed new depths with this tossery!

Picking out one bad pass in 90 minutes from a player making their international debut in which they're name MOTM... Really, is that the best you could do?

What a sad individual.

One pass?

Seriously?

Young lad makes a monumental step up to his full international debut... Against a more than competent side... And to justify your agenda you pick on one pass by someone most pundits named man of the match.

You really have plumbed new depths with this tossery!

It was a silly ball across a back four that put the right back under extreme pressure and could have cost a goal. Would you have been as forgiving if that pass had cost Scotland the win in a proper competitive match? We tell kids as young as 4 years old not to play silly passes like that yet you think it's acceptable in an International fixture?

I've said he had a decent game despite that one pass. I think that's fair comment. I look forward to seeing you being as consistent the next time one of the St Mirren back four give away a cheap goal with a basic mistake. :rolleyes:

You don't think we can get a win at Dumbarton or home to Soaps? If Scumgers have tied up the league by the last game of the season then it is likely we will play a less experienced side. Even if we only take 2 points, Livvy would need to win 4 and draw 1 of their final 6 matches. They have to play Scumgers, Hibs, Raith and Morton IIRC. There is a 6 pointer too with Dumbarton.

I didn't know which teams Livi and Dumbarton still have to face, but I think we will lose to Rangers, Falkirk and Hibs. We are due a reverse against Morton eventually and may only manage a draw against Dumbarton. The points we have may well be enough of course if the others falter.

This is only my opinion.

I didn't know which teams Livi and Dumbarton still have to face, but I think we will lose to Rangers, Falkirk and Hibs. We are due a reverse against Morton eventually and may only manage a draw against Dumbarton. The points we have may well be enough of course if the others falter.

This is only my opinion.

Which of course counts for nothing.