Alloa Athletic V St Mirren Championship 26/3/16

shull

How successful are any of the other academies? Investment in uncovering the next talented generation will always be a lottery.

Well Celtic appear to be the club most of the other clubs circle around looking for any scraps falling off the boat and in recent years Hearts have produced some decent young talent - although not always through their own academy but through their tie ins with Hutchinson Vale.

I'd be struggling to class any other academy in Scotland as successful or of offering the game value for money.

The pitch was terrible. If you were there you'd notice that alloa started putting the ball in behind our defence as it was stopping and making it hard for defenders to judge. It was a much different bounce almost stopping.

I was there. I don't remember any of that. St Mirrens defence sat so deep I can't remember anything being played in behind them. Alloa had far more success running the ball past Stewart than they did from any long balls.

Well Celtic appear to be the club most of the other clubs circle around looking for any scraps falling off the boat and in recent years Hearts have produced some decent young talent - although not always through their own academy but through their tie ins with Hutchinson Vale.

I'd be struggling to class any other academy in Scotland as successful or of offering the game value for money.

That's because the gruesome twosome hoover up all the best talent by the bucketload

In the West of Scotland about 80% support or a fan of them and dream about playing for them

If the dream doesn't happen one of the diddy clubs will pick you up

I hate the snobbery throughout the game

There's plenty of talent in the youth game but unless you haven't BEEN IN THE SYSTEM by the age of 13 you're forgotten and they stop looking.

I have had plenty of ex pro-youths playing in my teams and they aren't any better than the ones who haven't.

In some cases a lot poorer

Seems we are plebs who know next to feck all and teach them all bad habits

They are bad coaches in the youth game but also Pro-Youth

So i tend to agree with Stu Dick

Our U/20s are impressive in their own league but only a few look the part when they step up to the first team

Reserve league is a must as Lambert,Hamilton,Cameron,Winnie,Clarke and Laverty didn't look out of place when they broke through

A.... You don't run this football team.

B... Your lengthy diatribes are neither interesting nor helpful.

C... Why? Honestly. Lonely?

Simmer down roundabout dweller... You are criticising a man who, when facing the full wrath of Sauron and a table full of angry orcs, still held firm and voted to hammer the hunn.

Bow down to the majesty and cut out the insults.

Simmer down roundabout dweller... You are criticising a man who, when facing the full wrath of Sauron and a table full of angry orcs, still held firm and voted to hammer the hunn.

Bow down to the majesty and cut out the insults.

And don't you forget it.....

Imagine selling your soul and voting to bend the rules to help "Rangers" because you think it might save the job of the ticket lady....:rolleyes:

That's because the gruesome twosome hoover up all the best talent by the bucketload

In the West of Scotland about 80% support or a fan of them and dream about playing for them

If the dream doesn't happen one of the diddy clubs will pick you up

I hate the snobbery throughout the game

There's plenty of talent in the youth game but unless you haven't BEEN IN THE SYSTEM by the age of 13 you're forgotten and they stop looking.

I have had plenty of ex pro-youths playing in my teams and they aren't any better than the ones who haven't.

In some cases a lot poorer

Seems we are plebs who know next to feck all and teach them all bad habits

They are bad coaches in the youth game but also Pro-Youth

So i tend to agree with Stu Dick

Our U/20s are impressive in their own league but only a few look the part when they step up to the first team

Reserve league is a must as Lambert,Hamilton,Cameron,Winnie,Clarke and Laverty didn't look out of place when they broke through

Yeah but it's a self fulfilling prophesy isn't it? When our kids were in the age group where scouts were interested I was often asked to keep scouts informed about some of our players progress. I'd do it fairly dutifully too without ever getting much response, until you dropped in the line that the Rangers or Celtic scout had been along watching them that weekend. Only at that point would some of the clubs decide those kids would be worth a trial. Who'd argue with the argument that if a kid has been in the system at Celtic or Rangers and they aren't good enough they'll get another senior club easily too? St Mirren do it all the time. Even Lewis Morgan is an ex Murray Park kid.

The whole so called "Pro Youth" system needs ripped up. It's costing the game, and the Scottish taxpayer an absolute fortune and its simply not working. 8 years ago I was told that the reason for getting promising kids into the "system" was to teach them good habits. Check out most of the kids that came through the first tranches at the academy schools that were set up and you'll know that in many ways it had exactly the opposite effect. It opened up more doors to bad habits and it let bad behaviour go unchallenged.

And to come back on topic, based on Saturdays performance, Jordan Stewart would be third choice left back at my sons current side - he'd have been even further down the pecking order in last seasons Under 17's squad.

And to come back on topic, based on Saturdays performance, Jordan Stewart would be third choice left back at my sons current side - he'd have been even further down the pecking order in last seasons Under 17's squad.

So your son plays in the Scottish championship does he? He must do to make a fair comparison.

Sorry.

Couldn't ignore the latest steaming pile of shite you've just posted.

Same pitch for both teams though!

It aint rocket science....

Of course, and the ball ran truer than it would have done on a cut up and bare grass park as most of them are at this time of year. It's a terrible excuse for a full time professional footballer to use for not being able to pass the ball or tackle an opponent.

So your son plays in the Scottish championship does he? He must do to make a fair comparison.

Sorry.

No, my son plays in the LFDA Juvenile leagues. He isn't even first choice for his team in that position and rightly so. I'm not pushing my son for a place in the St Mirren team. I'm making the point that Jordan Stewart should never be a full time professional footballer - a conclusion I've drawn over a number of matches where the lad has played in a number of different positions and failed to look at all capable in any of them. I'd class him as worse than Mark Crilly and he was a f**king awful footballer.

Anyway I've got to laugh at the notion that being a Scottish Championship player makes you "good". FFS clubs in this league fight over players being released by Gateshead as their star signings.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Sorry.

Come on! You know fine well his son doesn't need the cash.

He's made a fortune suing his poor mother!

Of course, and the ball ran truer than it would have done on a cut up and bare grass park as most of them are at this time of year. It's a terrible excuse for a full time professional footballer to use for not being able to pass the ball or tackle an opponent.

The only flaw in your statement is that noone at the club stated the pitch was a factor in team performance. This is your own assumption. Can I remind you that the team won the game and how many good performances have resulted in no points? Yes, we were lucky but that happens in football when good team performance does not always garuntee success.

No, my son plays in the LFDA Juvenile leagues. He isn't even first choice for his team in that position and rightly so. I'm not pushing my son for a place in the St Mirren team. I'm making the point that Jordan Stewart should never be a full time professional footballer - a conclusion I've drawn over a number of matches where the lad has played in a number of different positions and failed to look at all capable in any of them. I'd class him as worse than Mark Crilly and he was a f**king awful footballer.

Anyway I've got to laugh at the notion that being a Scottish Championship player makes you "good". FFS clubs in this league fight over players being released by Gateshead as their star signings.

So Stuart.You clearly know better than the current manager when it comes to selecting JS and others? If he is as bad as you claim then why would our manager select him? I think the answer is that he knows more than you about the players and why he is the manager.

The only flaw in your statement is that noone at the club stated the pitch was a factor in team performance. This is your own assumption. Can I remind you that the team won the game and how many good performances have resulted in no points? Yes, we were lucky but that happens in football when good team performance does not always garuntee success.

Yes they did. Jim Goodwin slated the pitch on radio apparently - according to one of the posters on here. :rolleyes:

Can I remind you that the team won the game and how many good performances have resulted in no points? Yes, we were lucky but that happens in football when good team performance does not always garuntee success.

I'd be interested to know your estimate, out of interest, of how many good performances we have had this season where we were unlucky and didn't get a result. I'm struggling to think of any to be honest.

Another steaming pile of shite. Making things up again too.

Going only by radio updates on Saturday, it seems we were very lucky not only to win, but avoid defeat.Although we are 10 pts ahead of Livi and 8 ahead of Dumbarton, I think our final games will be on a knife edge. I don't expect to pick up more than 2 points before the season ends so it depends how many points our rivals manage.

I`m afraid Alex Rae will have to do very much better if he is allowed another chance next season. It is working out much as I had predicted from him, unfortunately.