The Club Shop

I've heard it mentioned that the shop is being expanded for the new season. Can anyone confirm this?

Would be great to have the strips for sale in the club shop as well...

While the club have a contract with JDs strips will not be sold in the club shop, JDs want fans to go into their shops to buy strips, Not heard anything bout the shop, but will see what I cant find out tonight when down at the stadium,

Was down at the Macclesfield v Dover match last night. Macclesfield also under the JD contract. Exact same sponsorship logo on their shirts as well. Popped in to the club shop which was probably the same size as ours to find shirts, tracksuits, jackets and even the goalkeeper tops, all for sale.

Was down at the Macclesfield v Dover match last night. Macclesfield also under the JD contract. Exact same sponsorship logo on their shirts as well. Popped in to the club shop which was probably the same size as ours to find shirts, tracksuits, jackets and even the goalkeeper tops, all for sale.

JD-supplied Bournemouth kits available direct from the Bournemouth online store....

http://www.afcbdirect.co.uk/listingPage.aspx?gc=kit-m-home

When Blackpool were wearing JD-supplied kit (maybe they still are?), their kit was available at their Bloomfield Road store. I actually had a chance to ask the JD Sports guy why other clubs sold kit in their shops while we didn't. The answer was 'those clubs have a different deal than St Mirren'. My response was, 'why don't St Mirren have the deal those clubs do then?'. The answer to that was pretty much 'just because', accompanied by mumbling and shuffling in their seat.

My view? St Mirren were delighted to let JD handle the whole shooting match, get rid of the problem, and with AWP gone, the less responsibility they had to deal with in his absence, the better.

JD-supplied Bournemouth kits available direct from the Bournemouth online store....

When Blackpool were wearing JD-supplied kit (maybe they still are?), their kit was available at their Bloomfield Road store.

They've been away from them for a couple of seasons now. Now using Errea.

It's exactly the same at Tranmere Rovers - Same JDesque contract and oodles of shirts in the stadium club shop

When Blackpool were wearing JD-supplied kit (maybe they still are?), their kit was available at their Bloomfield Road store. I actually had a chance to ask the JD Sports guy why other clubs sold kit in their shops while we didn't. The answer was 'those clubs have a different deal than St Mirren'. My response was, 'why don't St Mirren have the deal those clubs do then?'. The answer to that was pretty much 'just because', accompanied by mumbling and shuffling in their seat.

My view? St Mirren were delighted to let JD handle the whole shooting match, get rid of the problem, and with AWP gone, the less responsibility they had to deal with in his absence, the better.

Perhaps our former commercial director could confirm whether that is the case or there's another reason.

The JD deal, aside from having the ability to design our own kits (which has had it's positive and negative moments!) is an abysmal one for the supporters.

Not being able to buy the kit in our own stadium is bad enough, but the quality of the kits has also been very poor IMO. My new one lasted two washes this season before going in the bin after the sponsor logo bled all over the shirt. Then we had the kids kits having to be withdrawn because of the sizing problems and we've also had year on year problems actually being able to buy the kits in the right sizes at the right times.

When all said and done it's been a disasterous deal for the rank and file supporter.

For the club as a whole I believe the deal has been a lucrative one, but that has certainly come at a price.

It's sadly the modern football way. Commercial benefits > Fans.

The JD deal, aside from having the ability to design our own kits (which has had it's positive and negative moments!) is an abysmal one for the supporters.

Not being able to buy the kit in our own stadium is bad enough, but the quality of the kits has also been very poor IMO. My new one lasted two washes this season before going in the bin after the sponsor logo bled all over the shirt. Then we had the kids kits having to be withdrawn because of the sizing problems and we've also had year on year problems actually being able to buy the kits in the right sizes at the right times.

When all said and done it's been a disasterous deal for the rank and file supporter.

For the club as a whole I believe the deal has been a lucrative one, but that has certainly come at a price.

It's sadly the modern football way. Commercial benefits > Fans.

Div,

Aside from mumping my gums about the pyramids being built in less time than it takes St Mirren to sort a Hall of Fame panel, the next issue I blab on about is washing polyester fitba' shirts. I genuinely have not had an issue with any shirts if I stick to my 'hand-wash in cool water, rinse, drip-dry in the bath over a clothes horse and don't iron' method... Even JD ones haven't suffered colour bleed or anything.

I hope you used this method!

Edited by pozbaird

Div,

Aside from mumping my gums about the pyramids being built in less time than it takes St Mirren to sort a Hall of Fame panel, the next issue I blab on about is washing polyester fitba' shirts. I genuinely have not had an issue with any shirts if I stick to my 'hand-wash in cool water, rinse, drip-dry in the bath over a clothes horse and don't iron' method... Even JD ones haven't suffered colour bleed or anything.

Thank you Pauline. whistling.gif

Div,

Shirts are washed in the washing machine mate. I've never seen anything getting hand washed in my house, not even the dog.

I do know that my son has about 50 football shirts and they go in the washing machine and the tumble drier every week without any problem.

My Saints shirt of last season was washed twice. And it was f**ked.

Yett I've a dozen older Saints tops that have been washed hundreds of times, and Scotland shirts, and they are all fine.