Buy The Buds

buddiecat

The longer term plan (and principal purpose) of the initiative is for SMiSA members to buy out GLS and thereafter have greater influence in terms of the running of the club.

I can't understand what is difficult to grasp about this.

My answer was to the situation if it happens now.

Not some airy fairy possibility in the distant future.

I don't understand your unwillingness' to accept you will be cash cow.

My answer was to the situation if it happens now.

Not some airy fairy possibility in the distant future.

I don't understand your unwillingness' to accept you will be cash cow.

Airy fairy?

That is the whole f**king point!

Jesus wept....

So SMISA get at least one seat or perhaps two, GLS gets one for himself and perhaps another two he brings to the club. What do the 900 / 1000 individuals get and how do they influence the decision taking?

Presumably Tony Fitz gets a seat by virtue of being Chief Exec or whatever his job title is.

What the 900/1000 individuals get is that after six long years, they helped facilitate the removal of a want-away selling consortium who, by their own admission, were tired and out of ideas SIX years ago. Are we a crisis club? Have SG & Co run the club badly like so many Milesons or Romanovs? Hell no - they deserved our thanks, but have got the thanks down many years now. Their time is up. The sell by date isn't just passed, it's long passed.

The 900/1000 know GLS is 'St Mirren minded' and wants to be there. SMiSA are the vehicle for this and if they aren't St Mirren minded then God help us all. Are GLS and SMiSA answering every question and setting out a detailed ten year plan? No - maybe they should be doing more in that regard, but still, if we cannot put our trust in GLS and SMiSA then where are we as a support? Waiting for one of us to win Euromillions or for an Arab Oil Sheik to suddenly discover his granny came from Shortroods?

The 900/1000 also get that intangible feeling of a kind of 'warm fuzzyness' that means your £12 or £25 pledge makes you feel closer to the club and that you are contributing towards the next chapter in our great club's history.

IMHO we all need a warm fuzzyness in our lives.

After much consideration the heart has ruled the head and I've signed up today. Anyone know how many more are required?

A couple of hundred? That's the desired number, but it is possible that the deal could fly with less (maybe 850-900?).

A couple of hundred? That's the desired number, but it is possible that the deal could fly with less (maybe 850-900?).

Maybes aye, maybes naw.

For once in my forum using life, this phrase is actually bang-on accurate. Been a long wait, but it was worth it.

So I wad right then?

Dear oh dear.

You're having a 'mare today.

The whole point of the subscriptions are to buy out GLS in order for SMiSA members to have more direct influence. It is what it is all about. It is a process, FFS! Airy fairy, for Christ' s sake..... It couldn't be more explicit!

What can't you grasp about that?

You're having a 'mare today.

The whole point of the subscriptions are to buy out GLS in order for SMiSA members to have more direct influence. It is what it is all about. It is a process, FFS! Airy fairy, for Christ' s sake..... It couldn't be more explicit!

What can't you grasp about that?

Long term I understand that, and that is major worry as a small band who can attend SMiSA meeting and could well be ill equipped to run a football club.

Dear, you really need to calm down when anyone says anything you don't like.

God help us....... ????

Did the Board all become tired at the same time 6 years ago.

Doubt it.

Each of them or all of them could have resigned from running our Club at anytime.

Could have called an EGM and declared they were leaving.

Then vote in new Board members and maybe help them settle in over a period of time.

They could then sell their shares on an individual basis to any Saints fan who wanted a few or a lot.

Their monopoly has turned the whole situation into a farce.

Incredible hundreds of Saints fans are having to pay extra money on top of the excessive money they already pay into the Club to people who are tired.

Just bloody resign if you cannae handle the Job.

Our Club isn't a major multi national Business.

It is a football Club getting put in a farcical situation.

Most fans, I would guess are happy putting their Share Certificate in a Frame and sticking up on their bloody wall.

Then eventually passing them down through the generations.

I'm oot.

My framed doodah just crashed onto the floor.

Balloted on matters raised by a small band of SMiSA members, who, how many, how are they elected?

Thanks for your point, appreciate answers with no drama.

Could you be a bit clearer on your question please? Matters could be raised through any number of channels by all members before a ballot is started. if you mean how would someone be elected to the board, they would put themselves forward along a similar process to this: http://www.foundationofhearts.org/elections/ and again all members would be able to vote based on those applications.

Did the Board all become tired at the same time 6 years ago.

Doubt it.

Each of them or all of them could have resigned from running our Club at anytime.

Could have called an EGM and declared they were leaving.

Then vote in new Board members and maybe help them settle in over a period of time.

They could then sell their shares on an individual basis to any Saints fan who wanted a few or a lot.

Their monopoly has turned the whole situation into a farce.

Incredible hundreds of Saints fans are having to pay extra money on top of the excessive money they already pay into the Club to people who are tired.

Just bloody resign if you cannae handle the Job.

Pretty ungrateful attitude to a group of people who, for all their faults, stepped up to the plate when most needed and hung in there for the long haul, delivering every 10,000 seater criteria the league threw at them, delivering every USH criteria the league threw at them, and continually fighting fires to keep an increasingly decrepit stadium running until moving to our new home - love it or loathe it.

Division 1 titles, diddy cup, League Cup final, League Cup winners, Scottish cup semi, almost ten years in the top flight while the likes of Morton and Dunfermline piss-farted around. Ralston, AirDome....

They've done their bit. I don't begrudge them the money any successful GLS/SMiSA buy out sees them get.

Could you be a bit clearer on your question please? Matters could be raised through any number of channels by all members before a ballot is started. if you mean how would someone be elected to the board, they would put themselves forward along a similar process to this: http://www.foundationofhearts.org/elections/ and again all members would be able to vote based on those applications.

Good easy on him. He seems a tad overwrought today.

Just to finish.

12 quid a month for 10 years.

Don't make me laugh.

Buddies for many decades have been donating hard earned cash to their beloved Club to the point now and the past few years have been getting severely ripped off.

20 quid to watch shite football players.

Nearly 50 quid for a football top which they can't even bring out early for the children. Should have been on sale in April.

And it goes on.

Buy the Buds????

Been there and bought them a million times over.

Good luck.

Pretty ungrateful attitude to a group of people who, for all their faults, stepped up to the plate when most needed and hung in there for the long haul, delivering every 10,000 seater criteria the league threw at them, delivering every USH criteria the league threw at them, and continually fighting fires to keep an increasingly decrepit stadium running until moving to our new home - love it or loathe it.

Division 1 titles, diddy cup, League Cup final, League Cup winners, Scottish cup semi, almost ten years in the top flight while the likes of Morton and Dunfermline piss-farted around. Ralston, AirDome....

They've done their bit. I don't begrudge them the money any successful GLS/SMiSA buy out sees them get.

Give them more of your money then.I have already given for all the above. Edited by shull

Just to finish.

12 quid a month for 10 years.

Don't make me laugh.

Buddies for many decades have been donating hard earned cash to their beloved Club to the point now and the past few years have been getting severely ripped off.

20 quid to watch shite football players.

Nearly 50 quid for a football top which they can't even bring out early for the children. Should have been on sale in April.

And it goes on.

Buy the Buds????

Been there and bought them a million times over.

Good luck.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Wean threw up in cab!

Pretty sure some of my £12 a month will do just that. Maybe SG could buy me a beer and a packet of pork scratchings so that I don't feel raped.

It's true. You urnae funny.

Weird post.