Buy The Buds

buddiecat

9 hours ago, DougJamie said:

You away and get a grip you grumpy old git....... :angry:

Guys

This is the Twitter, Facebook and Periscope age.

Communications are instant. Responses are expected.

To be fair - I think the Club and Board get that but are unsure how to handle these.

To be even fairer - I believe they would like to employ a social media manager.

To take an example:

A year or two ago, I was in Kiev when a last minute problem with a KLM plane led to cancellation but was announced after the flight departure time had passed.

Too late to switch to another flight. Had we known a little earlier we cpuld have.

One of our lot Tweeted the problen. Within 5 minutes KLM had picked up the issue, arranged a hotel and transport for the night and expenses plus new flight.

Now that is service.

The Forum and Fans Section of the New and Improved Website provide opportunities for 2 way communications in a 24/7/365 environment.

Edited by St.Ricky

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question

If I win big on the Euro millions my intention would be to buy the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co.  Incidentally the directors box is gone and will be transformed into my personal throne room where a smattering of sycophantic chums can sit somewhere near my feet and munch on prawn sandwiches, grilled pheasant and watch the soccerball from the velvet cushions embossed with our club crest.  Kyle Hutton will see out his contract as a "welcomer" at the west stand, much the same as the poor bloke does at the door of Ikea.  

Anyway when I wander in to the Paisley 2021 stadium (before I rename it the Tedium Dome) and throw my £5 million in loose change at our exatled chairman with the funny looking car, is he in a position to sell or do I have to throw a few measly million at smisa as well to make you go away?

In essence is the chairman with the funny motor legally bound to sell to Smisa or can he dispense of the club in any way he see's fit?

Just now, TediousTom said:

I have a question

If I win big on the Euro millions my intention would be to buy the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co.  Incidentally the directors box is gone and will be transformed into my personal throne room where a smattering of sycophantic chums can sit somewhere near my feet and munch on prawn sandwiches, grilled pheasant and watch the soccerball from the velvet cushions embossed with our club crest.  Kyle Hutton will see out his contract as a "welcomer" at the west stand, much the same as the poor bloke does at the door of Ikea.  

This is the sort of big thinking which is more to my taste. If you need a "friend" to accompany you on this difficult task I may be persuadable. My terms would be very reasonable.

Pheasant you say?

On 12/15/2016 at 0:58 AM, TediousTom said:

I have a question

Anyway when I wander in to the Paisley 2021 stadium (before I rename it the Tedium Dome) and throw my £5 million in loose change at our exatled chairman with the funny looking car, is he in a position to sell or do I have to throw a few measly million at smisa as well to make you go away?

In essence is the chairman with the funny motor legally bound to sell to Smisa or can he dispense of the club in any way he see's fit?

Good question Tom.

Would be good to see the answer.

47 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Good question Tom.

Would be good to see the answer.

I believe there is a legally binding agreement in place for Gordon to sell to SMiSA at an agreed price within an agreed timetable but the guys on the SMiSA team will confirm.

What happens after 10 years if SMiSA doesn't have the money, or if SMiSA reaches it's target before 10 years, I've no idea.

I assume if an Oil Rich billionaire wanted to buy the club then the SMiSA members could vote to rip up the agreement and sell out, just as Dundee fans did. They moved from private onwership to fan ownership and then back out to private ownership.

I'd hope we never go back down that route but in these early days it's very clear to see fan ownership is going to very be tricky especially when things ain't going so well on the park.

41 minutes ago, div said:

I believe there is a legally binding agreement in place for Gordon to sell to SMiSA at an agreed price within an agreed timetable but the guys on the SMiSA team will confirm.

What happens after 10 years if SMiSA doesn't have the money, or if SMiSA reaches it's target before 10 years, I've no idea.

I assume if an Oil Rich billionaire wanted to buy the club then the SMiSA members could vote to rip up the agreement and sell out, just as Dundee fans did. They moved from private onwership to fan ownership and then back out to private ownership.

I'd hope we never go back down that route but in these early days it's very clear to see fan ownership is going to very be tricky especially when things ain't going so well on the park.

I would be very difficult for SMISA to sell out due to the way their Asset Lock is worded, which also applies to the cash they currently raise.....

2 hours ago, rea said:

I would be very difficult for SMISA to sell out due to the way their Asset Lock is worded, which also applies to the cash they currently raise.....

Yes but could our chairman with the daft car not just pie them and sell to me if/when my Euromillions come up?  With the money I would offer him he could certianly buy a more sensibly coloured horseless carriage.

Money (especially lots of it) is a powerful driver, The question is of course framed in a certian way but someone else may win the Euromillions (I hope the don't though, I really want it to be me).  

Incidentally if the day comes where I buy the club my forum name will change to "King of of the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co".  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

If I pick up the drift of this conversation the question seems to be what GLS could do if offered more money for his shares thanunder his current agreement.

Alternatives include: Nothing... He has a binding agreement to sell to SMISA at afixed price at a fixed date. 

The corrally to this is that SMISA has a duty then to pay that price on the day in question. Nothing

Is there some form of dispute? 

On 5/3/2018 at 10:40 PM, St.Ricky said:

If I pick up the drift of this conversation the question seems to be what GLS could do if offered more money for his shares thanunder his current agreement.

Alternatives include: Nothing... He has a binding agreement to sell to SMISA at afixed price at a fixed date. 

The corrally to this is that SMISA has a duty then to pay that price on the day in question. Nothing

Is there some form of dispute? 

If GLS broke the agreement and tried to sell to another party, he could be sued for a significant sum by SMISA. All in all it would not be worth him doing this from a financial or reputation stance. From a character perspective as well, I think it's fair to say he wouldn't even entertain this notion. 

If SMISA can't pay the money 'on the day' GLS could equally take legal action, although it's much more likely a new formalised agreement to pay would be put in place if this was to happen. It's worth noting that all things considered, the chances of this happening is very small. With every passing month BTB moves further ahead of its target and closer to having the funds required. It would take nothing short of an avalanche of members cancelling to even come close to this eventuality. 

33 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

If GLS broke the agreement and tried to sell to another party, he could be sued for a significant sum by SMISA. All in all it would not be worth him doing this from a financial or reputation stance. From a character perspective as well, I think it's fair to say he wouldn't even entertain this notion. 

If SMISA can't pay the money 'on the day' GLS could equally take legal action, although it's much more likely a new formalised agreement to pay would be put in place if this was to happen. It's worth noting that all things considered, the chances of this happening is very small. With every passing month BTB moves further ahead of its target and closer to having the funds required. It would take nothing short of an avalanche of members cancelling to even come close to this eventuality. 

We are in agreement then 

• 2 weeks later...

If SMISA can't pay the money 'on the day' GLS could equally take legal action

and if the protected pot gets dipped into again and again, what's the chances that SMISA won't be able to pay 'on the day'

Ach, let's not go there.
It won't happen, they've told us so.

20 minutes ago, Graeme Aitken said:

and if the protected pot gets dipped into again and again, what's the chances that SMISA won't be able to pay 'on the day'

Ach, let's not go there.
It won't happen, they've told us so.

I thought this was done haha. 

Ifs and buts though. For me it’s a matter of trust. Trust that the people in charge of SMISA will not put us in that position, trust St Mirren would not make requests to put us in that position and trust the voting members wouldn’t vote to put us in that position. 

When you look at it rationally from a risk based approach the risk is absolutely tiny.

It would rely on 1. A proposal that put us in that position 2. SMISA missing while costing the proposal that it would put us in that position 3. Finally paying members voting even though we risk going in that position. 

Not very likely those three things will happen. Especially given none of the three parties stand to financially benefit and it would be bad for the club we all support. 

13 hours ago, bazil85 said:

I thought this was done haha. 

Ifs and buts though. For me it’s a matter of trust. Trust that the people in charge of SMISA will not put us in that position, trust St Mirren would not make requests to put us in that position and trust the voting members wouldn’t vote to put us in that position. 

When you look at it rationally from a risk based approach the risk is absolutely tiny.

It would rely on 1. A proposal that put us in that position 2. SMISA missing while costing the proposal that it would put us in that position 3. Finally paying members voting even though we risk going in that position. 

Not very likely those three things will happen. Especially given none of the three parties stand to financially benefit and it would be bad for the club we all support. 

We have done it to death. I was just being mischievous.

I much prefer your version of how this all pans out and hope, in 8 years time (or less) I can come back and say 'Baz, you called it spot on'

SMISA now has the added responsibility of not embarrassing you in that timeframe. :lol:

5 hours ago, Graeme Aitken said:

We have done it to death. I was just being mischievous.

I much prefer your version of how this all pans out and hope, in 8 years time (or less) I can come back and say 'Baz, you called it spot on'

SMISA now has the added responsibility of not embarrassing you in that timeframe. :lol:

Haha a few more predictions for eight years from now:

• Pozbaird will be in his latest huff at being Sinbinned 
  • Stuart D will be on his 465th Username 
  • LPM will still be raging about that manager we had, that had the front to ask for a better deal and talk to other clubs after leading us to the SP and getting MOTY awards
  • Shull will be furious that a 42 year old Samson has just signed a new contract in his testimonial year

heard it here first :lol:

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2018 at 4:14 PM, Wilbur said:

Just wondering.

No offence intended.

Why is this entire thread still open / active ?

Isn't this pretty much a signed sealed delivered sorted dead duck sorta thing ??

Apologies if I kinda misunderstand what's happening !!

I have been wondering about this too. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/23/2018 at 11:46 AM, bazil85 said:

Haha a few more predictions for eight years from now:

• Pozbaird will be in his latest huff at being Sinbinned  (Poz had so many people on ignore he's formed his own forum)
  • Stuart D will be on his 465th Username (Stu is happily posting under his own name elsewhere)
  • LPM will still be raging about that manager we had, that had the front to ask for a better deal and talk to other clubs after leading us to the SP and getting MOTY awards (Hard to say TBH)
  • Shull will be furious that a 42 year old Samson has just signed a new contract in his testimonial year (Samson has gone)

heard it here first :lol:

Not doing too well on this. :wink:

9 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Not doing too well on this. :wink:

I still hold out hope for the first two. No such luck on the last one and you’re right, more chance of winning the lottery than pinpointing the specific topic LPM will be moaning about on any given day never mind so far in the future. 

Who are the sorry souls getting the SD chat now?