buddiecat

Buy The Buds

44 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Away and get a grip. You are so childish you want the chairman to comment on what? Not sure how it works in Ga Ga land, absolute nutter. :hammer

You away and get a grip you grumpy old git....... :angry:

6 hours ago, TediousTom said:

If Gordon Scott is counting on the Smisa money coming to fruition then he better make sure he can deliver a team to keep the fans interested.

There will certainly be a degree of brown trousering going on just now. I wouldn't have thought that the serious prospect of another relegation would have featured that highly in the GLS portfolio. One way or another , it looks like he's now going to have to throw some serious money at the playing side , either to stay up this season , or for guaranteed promotion from League 1 next season !

9 hours ago, DougJamie said:

You away and get a grip you grumpy old git....... :angry:

Guys

This is the Twitter, Facebook and Periscope age.

Communications are instant. Responses are expected.

To be fair - I think the Club and Board get that but are unsure how to handle these.

To be even fairer - I believe they would like to employ a social media manager.

To take an example:

A year or two ago, I was in Kiev when a last minute problem with a KLM plane led to cancellation but was announced after the flight departure time had passed.

Too late to switch to another flight. Had we known a little earlier we cpuld have.

One of our lot Tweeted the problen. Within 5 minutes KLM had picked up the issue, arranged a hotel and transport for the night and expenses plus new flight.

Now that is service.

The Forum and Fans Section of the New and Improved Website provide opportunities for 2 way communications in a 24/7/365 environment.

Edited by St.Ricky

I have a question

If I win big on the Euro millions my intention would be to buy the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co.  Incidentally the directors box is gone and will be transformed into my personal throne room where a smattering of sycophantic chums can sit somewhere near my feet and munch on prawn sandwiches, grilled pheasant and watch the soccerball from the velvet cushions embossed with our club crest.  Kyle Hutton will see out his contract as a "welcomer" at the west stand, much the same as the poor bloke does at the door of Ikea.  

Anyway when I wander in to the Paisley 2021 stadium (before I rename it the Tedium Dome) and throw my £5 million in loose change at our exatled chairman with the funny looking car, is he in a position to sell or do I have to throw a few measly million at smisa as well to make you go away?

In essence is the chairman with the funny motor legally bound to sell to Smisa or can he dispense of the club in any way he see's fit?

Just now, TediousTom said:

I have a question

If I win big on the Euro millions my intention would be to buy the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co.  Incidentally the directors box is gone and will be transformed into my personal throne room where a smattering of sycophantic chums can sit somewhere near my feet and munch on prawn sandwiches, grilled pheasant and watch the soccerball from the velvet cushions embossed with our club crest.  Kyle Hutton will see out his contract as a "welcomer" at the west stand, much the same as the poor bloke does at the door of Ikea.  

This is the sort of big thinking which is more to my taste. If you need a "friend" to accompany you on this difficult task I may be persuadable. My terms would be very reasonable.

Pheasant you say?

On 12/15/2016 at 0:58 AM, TediousTom said:

I have a question

Anyway when I wander in to the Paisley 2021 stadium (before I rename it the Tedium Dome) and throw my £5 million in loose change at our exatled chairman with the funny looking car, is he in a position to sell or do I have to throw a few measly million at smisa as well to make you go away?

In essence is the chairman with the funny motor legally bound to sell to Smisa or can he dispense of the club in any way he see's fit?

Good question Tom.

Would be good to see the answer.

47 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Good question Tom.

Would be good to see the answer.

I believe there is a legally binding agreement in place for Gordon to sell to SMiSA at an agreed price within an agreed timetable but the guys on the SMiSA team will confirm.

What happens after 10 years if SMiSA doesn't have the money, or if SMiSA reaches it's target before 10 years, I've no idea.

I assume if an Oil Rich billionaire wanted to buy the club then the SMiSA members could vote to rip up the agreement and sell out, just as Dundee fans did. They moved from private onwership to fan ownership and then back out to private ownership.

I'd hope we never go back down that route but in these early days it's very clear to see fan ownership is going to very be tricky especially when things ain't going so well on the park.

41 minutes ago, div said:

I believe there is a legally binding agreement in place for Gordon to sell to SMiSA at an agreed price within an agreed timetable but the guys on the SMiSA team will confirm.

What happens after 10 years if SMiSA doesn't have the money, or if SMiSA reaches it's target before 10 years, I've no idea.

I assume if an Oil Rich billionaire wanted to buy the club then the SMiSA members could vote to rip up the agreement and sell out, just as Dundee fans did. They moved from private onwership to fan ownership and then back out to private ownership.

I'd hope we never go back down that route but in these early days it's very clear to see fan ownership is going to very be tricky especially when things ain't going so well on the park.

I would be very difficult for SMISA to sell out due to the way their Asset Lock is worded, which also applies to the cash they currently raise.....

2 hours ago, rea said:

I would be very difficult for SMISA to sell out due to the way their Asset Lock is worded, which also applies to the cash they currently raise.....

Yes but could our chairman with the daft car not just pie them and sell to me if/when my Euromillions come up?  With the money I would offer him he could certianly buy a more sensibly coloured horseless carriage.

Money (especially lots of it) is a powerful driver, The question is of course framed in a certian way but someone else may win the Euromillions (I hope the don't though, I really want it to be me).  

Incidentally if the day comes where I buy the club my forum name will change to "King of of the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co".