Are You Going To Sign Up To Join #buythebuds At Smisa.net?

div

170 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Here's the poll. This is important enough to merit being here in the most popular section of the forum.

Are you going to sign up for #BuyTheBuds at www.smisa.net?

If not why not? Let's keep it constructive and adult like please. This is the future of the club we're talking about.

Just back from a week in Malta so still to catch up with what is going on. Will read the details later and sign up anyway!

Great to hear mate. The more that can get signed up soon the better. Takes less than 1 minute and it's all done securely online.

I think all the salient info is on smisa.net but if anyone is unsure then use the contact form on the SMiSA website and get in touch with the guys running the bid.

I think the fact that you have started this thread shows the concern over getting anywhere near the numbers required.

The parties concerned in the potential purchase of the club clearly have not communicated this well to the fans and the town as well as further afield otherwise the need for this thread would be reduced.

It is however good to get the word out and we should as fans play our part in that ( should we feel a fan buy out is the best way forward ).

This thread seems desperate and shows the concern at this early stage with regards to achieving the 1000 mark.

That said , once home my family will be adding 3 memberships to the tally ( easier to do on laptop than phone )

If it transpires this turns out to be good for the club then all well and good.I think it's a gamble but so would new owners be outwith this model.

Edited by whydowebother

I think the fact that you have started this thread shows the concern over getting anywhere near the numbers required.

The parties concerned in the potential purchase of the club clearly have not communicated this well to the fans and the town as well as further afield otherwise the need for this thread would be reduced.

It is however good to get the word out and we should as fans play our part in that ( should we feel a fan buy out is the best way forward ).

This thread seems desperate and shows the concern at this early stage with regards to achieving the 1000 mark.

That said , once home my family will be adding 3 memberships to the tally ( easier to do on laptop than phone )

If it transpires this turns out to be good for the club then all well and good.I think it's a gamble but so would new owners be outwith this model.

Cant agree with that at all . Seven days in & 33% of sign ups achieved ? I`d say thats not too shabby.

You would expect an initial surge as many who know of this would be eager to sign up.

The hard work is still to come IMO.

It took 10,000 hours a few months to reach 1,000 I'm sure. Still we need that number in the next four weeks so fingers crossed. It's equivalent to £4.00 a week not a big ask for the future of the club to be in the right hands fingers crossed we can get a successful out come. You and me don't live in Paisley from the outside don't see much of a push apart from online the word needs to be worked harder to get the message across to the wider support. I read Richards post the other day saying he had some questions regarding the takeover and would wait before putting them forward. I for one would like to see what these questions are given Richard is one of the leaders of fan ownership of Scottish football. Can't get my head round why some fans cant see fan ownership is the way forward for supporters of St Mirren.

Cant agree with that at all . Seven days in & 33% of sign ups achieved ? I`d say thats not too shabby.

Just my opinion though I fully agree that 33% is a good start.

My thoughts were if it's so well communicated by the proposed team hoping to achieve it, then threads additional to the other ones already specifically running then to me it does appear a bit 'desperate' and I think highlights concerns over reaching the target.

The group leading this should of covered all their bases, they haven't.

Interested like other to at least hear REA's questions and thoughts with regards to it.

We will sign up over the weekend adding 3 more to the total regardless.

Delighted that you and your family are in but to call this desperate I think is a little below the belt , we are less then a week in all We are trying to do is to create more awareness

It took 10,000 hours a few months to reach 1,000 I'm sure. Still we need that number in the next four weeks so fingers crossed. It's equivalent to £4.00 a week not a big ask for the future of the club to be in the right hands fingers crossed we can get a successful out come. You and me don't live in Paisley from the outside don't see much of a push apart from online the word needs to be worked harder to get the message across to the wider support. I read Richards post the other day saying he had some questions regarding the takeover and would wait before putting them forward. I for one would like to see what these questions are given Richard is one of the leaders of fan ownership of Scottish football. Can't get my head round why some fans cant see fan ownership is the way forward for supporters of St Mirren.

There is no doubt that fan ownership is the way forward. However is the model for this one correct for the club? The more I hear about it and listen to the arguments the closer I get to signing up.

However I'm still not decided and remain waiting in the wings watching developments.

My thoughts were if it's so well communicated by the proposed team hoping to achieve it, then threads additional to the other ones already specifically running then to me it does appear a bit 'desperate' and I think highlights concerns over reaching the target.

Interested like other to at least hear REA's questions and thoughts with regards to it.

Great that you are signing up.

I'm absolutely nothing to do with this bid other than being a signed up member. Nobody at SMiSA asked me to run the poll, I was just curious to know how many were undecided and how many were going to sign up but haven't yet.

I think after a week having reached a third of the target is really good going. Only thing really missing for me is more offline press coverage and a big public meeting at the stadium, advertised in the press and online.

We've now got two rooms that could take it. Have people there armed with laptops and allow fans to sign up there and then.

I'm still 100% confident that the guys will hit the target, probably needs the above plus an actual deadline date to be announced to push some of the maybes into being members.

There is no doubt that fan ownership is the way forward. However is the model for this one correct for the club? The more I hear about it and listen to the arguments the closer I get to signing up.

However I'm still not decided and remain waiting in the wings watching developments.

I think that's entirely fair mate.

Fan ownership isn't going to deliver a huge new transfer budget to the manager, which seems to be the pipe dream of some of the support.

What it will hopefully do is to ensure there is some new energy, new ideas and new drive and that this can help improve things for us on and off the park. With some imagination the club should be able to generate more revenue and that should in turn help the playing budget.

Not wasting money on dud signings and dud managers will also help mind you.

The current board are the most successful St.Mirren board in my lifetime, but by their own admission they are tired and they want out.

I can't see any better alternative than the fans owning it, and 10 years is a timetable long enough for us to work out all the finer details of how it will work.

Meantime we a successful St.Mirren minded, young(ish!) business man at the helm with a fan rep on the board.

It's a no brainer for me.

£12 per month =£144 ÷ 52 = £2:70 per week.

I can understand people having some reservations.

However for me this is the only game in town. There are no other choices. The current Board want out and stagnation has set in over the last six years or so. We either sign up for change or let the status quo prevail. The people who want to take the risk are all St Mirren fans and not the many fly-by-night owners that Scottish football is so familiar with. Let's make the best of what is in front of us.

Think that's really unfair

Starting a thread to gauge opinion is desperate?

Just because Div owns the forum, doesn't make him a spokesperson for SMISA. He's just a fan like the rest of us.

Think that's really unfair

Starting a thread to gauge opinion is desperate?

Just because Div owns the forum, doesn't make him a spokesperson for SMISA. He's just a fan like the rest of us.

Again my opinion and that's yours.

I support the bid as do my family and once home will sign up.

Div asked 'If not why not?'

My thoughts were 'if' the target was to be achieved and the group leading the buyout had communicated it well ( which they haven't in my opinion ) then I don't believe this thread would be required.

At no point slating Div, the club , the buyout team etc.

My opinion I believe is valid.

But not an argument it's just something you and others don't agree with, that does not make it right or wrong.

Not 100% sure we will get the required numbers or more importantly the ability to have the money sustained for the years that we will need it .Just takes a bad run ,bad decisions by the new Board or by the manager and we will have all the "that's it i'm cancelling my direct debit"

Just too many uncertainties , I think this is being driven more by hope.

would be interesting to hear from the 7 no voters and what made them reach their decision?

Yes I would love to hear why they are against the bid. The unfortunate thing is that nearly every opinion on hear is positive and for the bid. I would really like to hear why people aren't signing up and a bit more of a debate being sparked up.

Again my opinion and that's yours.

I support the bid as do my family and once home will sign up.

Div asked 'If not why not?'

My thoughts were 'if' the target was to be achieved and the group leading the buyout had communicated it well ( which they haven't in my opinion ) then I don't believe this thread would be required.

At no point slating Div, the club , the buyout team etc.

My opinion I believe is valid.

But not an argument it's just something you and others don't agree with, that does not make it right or wrong.

Fair enough mate.

I believe the SMISA website has some excellent info on it, especially the FAQ's section.

Fully expect the level of communication to improve ten fold over the next few weeks.

The people involved also have day jobs so can't always be easy to get the required info out there.