Shankland

Loan moves usually happen later in the window. Would not be surprised if he does arrive, but if he does, it won't be until Aberdeen have all of their recruits in place.

ETA Also would not be surprised if he does not arrive

Edited by insaintee

26 minutes ago, insaintee said:

Loan moves usually happen later in the window. Would not be surprised if he does arrive, but if he does, it won't be until Aberdeen have all of their recruits in place.

ETA Also would not be surprised if he does not arrive

Me too. :P

8 hours ago, Dalrybud said:

Would be great if he came back but he scored a good number of goals in a poor team in this division. I'm sure both Hibs and Utd will have noted this.

I suspect (only suspect, mind) that, if being loaned to a Championship club, the player himself would prefer Saints. He clearly enjoyed his time here, and, latterly, enjoyed significant success.

Last season we were screaming for him in because by the time the season had begun, it was obvious that a lack of forwards were going to hurt us badly and we needed his type. 

This season, we'll start with at least Sutton and Clarkson which is formidable enough and maybe even another added before Shankland could come in to strengthen. We're in a better situation in the final third than we were last season. 

Really don't see any point in bringing Shankland back now that we have Sutton. They're both essentially target men that can hold the ball up with Shanks being slightly more mobile.

Sutton (I'm assuming) will be one of the higher earners at the club, are we really gonna drop him to accommodate Shankland?

Would take Hardie over Shanks at this stage. He has the pace that were desperately lacking right now.

3 hours ago, JJ McG said:

Shanks back will be a better signing than Sutton.

Possibly, but I'd have them both, Shankland proved what he could last season, especially the latter half.

Nice to have the choice, as Sutton is getting on and could need rested at times.

Anyway, at this stage a mute point, he's still at Aberdeen.

27 minutes ago, Dan Is The Man said:

Really don't see any point in bringing Shankland back now that we have Sutton. They're both essentially target men that can hold the ball up with Shanks being slightly more mobile.

Sutton (I'm assuming) will be one of the higher earners at the club, are we really gonna drop him to accommodate Shankland?

Would take Hardie over Shanks at this stage. He has the pace that were desperately lacking right now.

Shanks slightly more mobile, but Hardie has pace and drop Sutton. :huh:

Behave yourself.