Shankland

2 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

I'm assuming you mean the ads on the forum which seem to go out of control, overlay the screen and effectively lock you out from posting or browsing as there doesn't seem to be any way to close them. Thats somthing the B&WA team should look at as it must be causing much frustration (it certainly is for me)

I ended up installing the adblock extension to Firefox and that sorted the problem.

Div is on it now, as it's been a problem for quite a while.

On the other hand, it seems you're a tight cnut if you don't fork out the 87p a month to be ad free, so join the "Tight Cnut" club mate. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

10 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Div is on it now, as it's been a problem for quite a while.

On the other hand, it seems you're a tight cnut if you don't fork out the 87p a month to be ad free, so join the "Tight Cnut" club mate. :lol:

Its a fair cop re. tightwaddery - as soon as it crashed through the 85p per month ceiling I was out ...:)

1 minute ago, southsidebud said:

Its a fair cop re. tightwaddery - as soon as it crashed through the 85p per month ceiling I was out ...:)

Think I'll get St Ricky to start a thread........................we could get t-shirts printed and everything.

Tight Cnut Club..........................although since it was my idea I will be charging 87p a month to join. :lol:

19 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Think I'll get St Ricky to start a thread........................we could get t-shirts printed and everything.

Tight Cnut Club..........................although since it was my idea I will be charging 87p a month to join. :lol:

Where dae I sign up? 

Oops, I already have. 

Was wondering why nae Ads. :D

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Great idea. Once the wee man is in bed I'll raid his piggy bank and get the funds right over to you.

It really does seem just like the club for me :D

On Monday, December 12, 2016 at 5:03 AM, faraway saint said:

You're in....................membership number 0001

Who'll be the number 2? :rolleyes:

It costs money to run a site such as this not coming from fresh air. Maybe Div should spend his money on all of us rather than feeding his family.  Then again its free to whoever whoever wants it free. That is Div for you a true top man. 

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
21 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Always liked him, good player when interested and fit.

Yeah , agree with that . Maybe he's finally realised that he needs to put the effort in before it's too late . Last chance saloon for him .

5 minutes ago, munoz said:

Yeah , agree with that . Maybe he's finally realised that he needs to put the effort in before it's too late . Last chance saloon for him .

We might of seen a different player this season had he still been with us, reckon he would of been a good option to have up top with Reilly.

When he was on his game he was very good and had a very good finish on him, reckon he will score 20-25 goals this season for Ayr, really good signing for them.

14 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Didn’t realise he was only 22 . Obviously been a daft wee boy with Billy big baws syndrome . Not the first player to suffer from that and won’t be the last .

There is absolutely nothing wrong with ambition and nothing wrong with believing you are working at a level below what you feel you should be. The problem is when a person allows it to affect their performance.

I think it matters that we separate those two things because culturally we are shite at doing so which leads to ambition being routinely seen as a bad thing. If I had a penny for every time I heard the phrase "ideas above their station" in this country I would be rich enough to use an offshore tax avoidance trust.

Shankland had definite potential, and would be good to see him realise it and get over the issues he had last season with his drop in physical condition, but also know there is a substantial difference in quality between League 1 and the Championship, so wouldn't go overboard with his current season's stats. Best of luck to him anyway.

9 hours ago, oaksoft said:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with ambition and nothing wrong with believing you are working at a level below what you feel you should be. The problem is when a person allows it to affect their performance.

I think it matters that we separate those two things because culturally we are shite at doing so which leads to ambition being routinely seen as a bad thing. If I had a penny for every time I heard the phrase "ideas above their station" in this country I would be rich enough to use an offshore tax avoidance trust.

Absolutely nothing wrong with ambition , ambition allied with dedication and a smattering of raw talent usually ends up in a positive outcome but  what I was getting at with my “Billy big baws attitude “was simply wondering if he had fallen into the arrogant twat trap which befalls a great many up & coming footballers . 

Perhaps a spell in the third tier of Scottish football might be the metaphorical kick up the backside he needs to make him realise how lucky he is. 

He is still young and if he knuckles down an d works hard at improving himself he has the potential to make a good living from this game at a decent level.