Shankland

I would take him back at the buds. Only signed a short contract with Ayr United until January.

Someone told me towards of the end of the summer that there was a possibility we may have signed him again.

The lad has talent and will score goals. Maybe third time lucky for him should he sign again for us but don't see it happening.

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

Why are people referring to the lad's "attitude"?

Who among us know for certain what that attitude was?

A multitude of things can affect a players performance and body language.

Because it’s a football forum and people ponder things  and offer opinions. 

Not difficult to grasp is it ? 

Eta , just checked all posts since this topic resurfaced ..... don’t see anyone claiming to know for certain. 

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

It's easy to forget that everyone was shit in the first half of last season, and Shankland certainly wasn't the worst. 

From what I've heard, McCall is good at getting his players to believe in themselves and telling them how good they are. Shankland probably needed that after his second spell with us and his time at Morton. 

Because it’s a football forum and people ponder things  and offer opinions. 
Not difficult to grasp is it ? 
Eta , just checked all posts since this topic resurfaced ..... don’t see anyone claiming to know for certain. 

"Maybe he's finally realised that he needs to put the effort in before it's too late ."

"Obviously been a daft wee boy with Billy big baws syndrome ."

Can you "grasp" the meaning of "obviously"?

13 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Chatting with an Ayr supporter apparently Shankso has been working with a personal trainer and has lost weight - if he could repeat his current scoring form at a higher level it might be called The Shawshank Redemption.........

Image result for tumbleweed

it would be a Sure Shankland Redemption...

:unsure:

Interesting that Shankland only has a short term deal at Ayr. Can see us offloading a few strikers in January, with Duffy seeming to be nowhere near being involved, and Hilson's deal up in January. Been impressed when I've seen Hilson fit, but injuries may deprive him of a longer stay. Also interested to see if Sutton sticks around unless he gets a bit more game time in the next 6 or 7 weeks.

Shankland might be a possibility. I would imagine if we are offloading a few that we'd be getting into the loan market again, hopefully for some promising youngsters or proven talent not getting a game at some top 6 teams? Time will tell.

17 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Absolutely nothing wrong with ambition , ambition allied with dedication and a smattering of raw talent usually ends up in a positive outcome but  what I was getting at with my “Billy big baws attitude “was simply wondering if he had fallen into the arrogant twat trap which befalls a great many up & coming footballers

Perhaps a spell in the third tier of Scottish football might be the metaphorical kick up the backside he needs to make him realise how lucky he is. 

He is still young and if he knuckles down an d works hard at improving himself he has the potential to make a good living from this game at a decent level. 

Fair play.

That bit in bold. It's not just footballers..... :P

4 hours ago, Soctty said:

Interesting that Shankland only has a short term deal at Ayr. Can see us offloading a few strikers in January, with Duffy seeming to be nowhere near being involved, and Hilson's deal up in January. Been impressed when I've seen Hilson fit, but injuries may deprive him of a longer stay. Also interested to see if Sutton sticks around unless he gets a bit more game time in the next 6 or 7 weeks.

Shankland might be a possibility. I would imagine if we are offloading a few that we'd be getting into the loan market again, hopefully for some promising youngsters or proven talent not getting a game at some top 6 teams? Time will tell.

Let's not forget it was Jack Ross that cut short his stay at the club and his move to Morton turned out to be an absolute howler. He was training with a couple of Championship clubs with neither following up their interest. 

Don't get me wrong, there is certainly a player in there, as you could see from some of the quality goals he scored for us. His morale seemed to be affected by lack of game time and further by rarely finding the net when he was given his chance at Morton.  Some players need to take that drop down to find a self belief in themselves again.  From what I believe, the short contract at Ayr was due to Shankland believing that he could earn a better move if he got a good first half of the season at Ayr.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17 November 2017 at 6:30 AM, kevo_smfc said:

Let's not forget it was Jack Ross that cut short his stay at the club and his move to Morton turned out to be an absolute howler. He was training with a couple of Championship clubs with neither following up their interest. 

Don't get me wrong, there is certainly a player in there, as you could see from some of the quality goals he scored for us. His morale seemed to be affected by lack of game time and further by rarely finding the net when he was given his chance at Morton.  Some players need to take that drop down to find a self belief in themselves again.  From what I believe, the short contract at Ayr was due to Shankland believing that he could earn a better move if he got a good first half of the season at Ayr.

He had a chance under Jack he did not raise his game that will be his only chance I would think and rightly so In Jack's mind I would imagine . Good luck to the lad but he is not for us that's the bottom line. 

• 7 months later...