Shankland

Wee Ally cannae spell or write coherently. That is the most annoying aspect of his comments. I am fascinated to know where he lives as he appears to reside close to half the players in Scotland, or knows a mate who knows a friend who knows an agent. Must be chic young in disguise.

Edited by the barrhead teacher

Wee Ally cannas spell or write coherently. That is the most annoying aspect of his comments. I am fascinated to know where he lives as he appears to reside close to half the players in Scotland, or knows a mate who knows a friend who knows an agent. Must be chic young in disguise.

On purpose? biggrin.png

St Mirren never made semi final of any Euro competitions.Dunfermline are a much much bigger club.And there back and will go all out to stay there.Will be looking to replace there goal scorer Aberdeen and loads if others are linked to.Maybe a lot of those goals are to do with a manager who understands the posistion?

If history is a definite judgment of size then St Mirren are much bigger than your wee club.

FFS Dumbarton have a greater honours list than your wee team.

I support Rangers St Mirren are nothing and never have been anything your only claim to fame was Alex Ferguson and Ian Ferguson you have perennially underachieved for most of your history the odd cup every 40 years lol

Are you lost?

Don't think Shankland deserved the POTY the most improved POTY I would say. His performances of late and goals have shown this. Wish the boy well back at Aberdeen. I wonder who Rae will get in to replace him and possibly Mallan?

Looking forward to the game on Sunday. Hope to see you all back next season it couldn't get any worse than the beginning of last season but I think Alex and Faz will have done their homework and get us up there challenging for top position.

• 2 weeks later...

Surely it would be in his best interests to leave, get first team football every week and if he's good enough, earn a big money move in the future.

Yeah, this. We have proven that we get help give players the platform they need, as long as they are good enough and apply themselves.

Thing is, if he were actually to leave Dons, I think he'd get a Premier League gig. We could probably only get him on loan.

Unfortunately clubs like Partick and Hamilton will almost certainly be sniffing about. We won't be able to compete.

It breaks my heart to realise that I'm saying we can't compete with a non entity like Hamilton Accies for christ sake.

How come they didnae this season?

Usual "doom & gloom' pish however it might turn out.

Unfortunately clubs like Partick and Hamilton will almost certainly be sniffing about. We won't be able to compete.

It breaks my heart to realise that I'm saying we can't compete with a non entity like Hamilton Accies for christ sake.

He could win a title with us next season, but not with them. whistling.gif Just like Charlie.

How come they didnae this season?

Usual "doom & gloom' pish however it might turn out.

Because he wasn't proven to be able to do it at championship level last season and he duly did so. He's good enough that bottom six Premiership clubs will be sniffing.

Either way, it's hardly doom and gloom to suggest we can't compete with top division clubs FFS. :lol:

He could win a title with us next season, but not with them. whistling.gif Just like Charlie.

I reckon there's every chance we'll be up there in the mix to be fair. I'm hoping his impressive post Xmas run is at least partly down to the new gaffer and he'll come back and continue his development because of that. Folk seemed to indicate he was very happy here anyway.

Because he wasn't proven to be able to do it at championship level last season and he duly did so. He's good enough that bottom six Premiership clubs will be sniffing.

Either way, it's hardly doom and gloom to suggest we can't compete with top division clubs FFS. lol.gif:

He was highly thought of by many Aberdeen supporters who could see he had potential, granted, still unproven.

My reference to doom and gloom is that many of our support immediately predict we'll not be able to attract any decent players, irrespective of out position.

I reckon there's every chance we'll be up there in the mix to be fair. I'm hoping his impressive post Xmas run is at least partly down to the new gaffer and he'll come back and continue his development because of that. Folk seemed to indicate he was very happy here anyway.

^^^^^^^ This is as possible as him going to a team who are likely to be struggling next season.

Make your mind up FFS. whistling.gif

He was highly thought of by many Aberdeen supporters who could see he had potential, granted, still unproven.

My reference to doom and gloom is that many of our support immediately predict we'll not be able to attract any decent players, irrespective of out position.

^^^^^^^ This is as possible as him going to a team who are likely to be struggling next season.

Make your mind up FFS. whistling.gif

As I said, that's what I hope for. Not what I necessarily expect. I'd be delighted if he came back for another year. I'd be even happier if we somehow got him permanently.

I suspect Aberdeen will seek to loan out until New Year and then assess the progress he's made and whether he would fit into their plans then or whether they view him as one for the following season or cut loose. Whether they would want to send him back to Championship is another issue, although I would reckon that they would have been impressed with the way Rae has managed him.