Shankland

McInnes has to decide now if he wants him in the squad as Shankland will be pushing his case. Pointless to retain him, then farm him out on loan for another season. If McInnes decides he has, or he recruits better then Shankland will be available. Aberdeen being who they are will be chasing for a fee, so that rules out most clubs in the bottom six of the premier.

I think personally he will leave Aberdeen, but on a last minute deal whilst McInnes gets in who he wants. So there is a chance for us, slim but a chance.

Now a Smisa/GLS run buds would be much more proactive on the manager's behalf!

So is Shankland still contracted with Aberdeen.

Would the Dons want to risk loaning him to say a bottom 6 Premiership club that could come back to bite them?

I think McInnes will either retain him and give him a shot or ship him out either down south or maybe to a top Championship club. You then have the problem of a Dundee Utd or the likes sniffing about.

Would the Dons want to risk loaning him to say a bottom 6 Premiership club that could come back to bite them?

I think McInnes will either retain him and give him a shot or ship him out either down south or maybe to a top Championship club. You then have the problem of a Dundee Utd or the likes sniffing about.

We're in with a shout then. thumbup2.gif

He is still contracted for another year. If McInnes see's anything in him he with probably offer him an extension before loaning him out.

Dundee Utd have no money, the Thompson family don't want their inheritance dripping away, Thompson owes his Mother 250K which he is paying back at £4K a month, his sister resigned from the board

Dundee Utd have no money, the Thompson family don't want their inheritance dripping away, Thompson owes his Mother 250K which he is paying back at £4K a month, his sister resigned from the board

Good; hope they're f**ked. I still haven't let go of his massive hypocrisy over the Goodwin video evidence stuff. I hope he goes bankrupt, the c**t.

Good; hope they're f**ked. I still haven't let go of his massive hypocrisy over the Goodwin video evidence stuff. I hope he goes bankrupt, the c**t.

Aye, his old man seemed to have a bit of integrity, but Jnr comes across as a smug, arrogant arsehole of a man.

They have signed another forward from Bournemouth so there is bound to be movement out from Aberdeen in the striker dept. Just a case of who and to where. Not sure we should put all our eggs in the Shankland basket there are bound to be other options.

Yeah, it's a bit of a risk doing that as we discovered with Adam Campbell a few years back - we could wait to get him then they decide to keep him and send him elsewhere and all the decent strikers have been signed up.

Aberdeen have European games to play so they'll probably wait until those are out of the way before considering loaning anyone out.

Yeah, it's a bit of a risk doing that as we discovered with Adam Campbell a few years back - we could wait to get him then they decide to keep him and send him elsewhere and all the decent strikers have been signed up.

Aberdeen have European games to play so they'll probably wait until those are out of the way before considering loaning anyone out.

I think was the case with Shankland last season, had to wait until Aberdeen's short Europe campaign was over?

Let's move on think it's highly unlikely he will return as I wrote further back Aberdeen will want to see how he has progressed in competitive games preseason you can never have enough strikers even using Shanks as a sub. We need to search and not wait and hope on Shanks.

Spoke to him near the end of the season he said that he wouldn't be going back to Aberdeen to sit on the bench and he loved it at St Mirren.

Spoke to him near the end of the season he said that he wouldn't be going back to Aberdeen to sit on the bench and he loved it at St Mirren.

Not entirely down to him, though.

As others have said, better to move on. If the option is there at some point, great.

I want to see him in a Saints shirt as much as the next Saints fan. Let's be real here he is an Aberdeen player with potential they are not going to let him go if he comes up to the mark preseason no matter how many strikers they have. We need to MOVE ON .

If I was the Aberdeen manager would want to see him in preseason games to assess him even if I brought in another striker. You can never have enough strikers . Then would decide whether another year out on loan would be a benefit. That's what I expect to happen.

Makes sense.