Christian Nade

TopCat

TopCat, on 28 Apr 2016 - 12:31, said:

According to the Sun today (yes, I know) we will be opening negotiations with him. Has a pretty decent record at this level, looked a bit on the chubby side when I seen him play against us last week though.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBlack & White Army1461810660.497526.jpg

7 goals from 10 appearances for Dumbarton since signing in February, good return in a struggling team.

ETA signed in January, first start on 6th Feb

Edited by BaldyOzBud

7 goals from 10 appearances for Dumbarton since signing in February, good return in a struggling team.

ETA signed in January, first start on 6th Feb

Yeah 7 goals in12 games for any team is impressive whoever you're playing for, never mind a team at the bottom end of the league struggling for form.

That's a far higher scoring ratio than Shankland of course. If we get him and he stays fit he could be the much sought after 20+ goal a season striker we're going to need if we are going to push on for the top end of the league.

This,

A 1 year deal would be all I would be willing to offer as he's the type you need to get out this league but not premier league quality

To get out of this league we will also need a couple of Hugh Murray's , at least 1 David Van Zanten, a Kirk Broadfoot , a Billy Mehmet , a Sutton and probably at least one Jackie Copland. . I'd even give Ian Munro a shout if he is available. .

Alex Rae's signings have been hit and miss so far (mainly miss), if we sign this fat lump then it would be time to start looking for yet another managerial replacement!

Hopefully just the sun filling column inches with made up pish.

Alex Rae's signings have been hit and miss so far (mainly miss), if we sign this fat lump then it would be time to start looking for yet another managerial replacement!

We were in the shit when he arrived and had only one window to try and change the direction we were going in. There wasn't much time, money or choice so anyone coming in on short term contracts would be hit and miss - as is the case of any new player - just look at the money Celtics have wasted. It will be the next season where he will be judged when he has a Summer to turn around the team by getting rid of non performers/not good enough and bring in new players that can firm the basis of a more stable, consistent and improved team.

I saw him at Dumbarton he is overweight, stiff and makes Thommo look like an Olympic athlete. Surely we can do better?

With the muppets we have had over the last 2 years since Thommo got injured- en no we cant. Think it would be a good signing and I am sure with a full time team he would lose weight

Not disagreeing, if you look at Raith and Falkirk, they have developed talent as have QOS, this is our problem. Nade could probably score some goals, recently scoring has not been our problem, keeping them out has. We need a defence, Dundee have a player on 25 goals and they are still pish, so its all down to building from back.

I don't think we have any strikers signed for next season so I suppose if Nade was one of four options we had up front it wouldn't be the end of the world, although it's hardly one to get excited about either. Good return with Dumbarton and did reasonably well with Raith last season - although I think a fair chunk of his goals in Scotland have been against Hibs so it would be a problem if they got promoted!

A few years ago I'd have been totally against it but he seems to have sorted out his weight problem now and most of the bulk is muscle.

This,

A 1 year deal would be all I would be willing to offer as he's the type you need to get out this league but not premier league quality

Spot on.

He's been a success for Dundee and Raith in this league in recent years, and got a contract with premier league Hamilton as a result. That didn't work out so he came back to this level this season and has been a success with Dumbarton.

He's clearly good enough for this division and I think he would do a job for us next year.

Not disagreeing, if you look at Raith and Falkirk, they have developed talent as have QOS, this is our problem. Nade could probably score some goals, recently scoring has not been our problem, keeping them out has. We need a defence, Dundee have a player on 25 goals and they are still pish, so its all down to building from back.

I prefer building from the front. If you don'r score goals you are very unlikely to get promoted.

What about the chap Hippolyte at Livingston? Looked a decent player.

Edited by Vambo57