St Mirren Squad 2016/17

Stewart played at left back under Murray and then played a bit further forward in the couple of games Rae played him but he has played most of his games as a left back for us. And Irvine has played virtually all his games at left back for us (except in a couple of games when Watson was not available) :)

His last season as a regular at Dundee were all at left back as well, with Paul McGinn playing right back

Stewart played at left back under Murray and then played a bit further forward in the couple of games Rae played him but he has played most of his games as a left back for us. And Irvine has played virtually all his games at left back for us (except in a couple of games when Watson was not available) smile.png

Edit to add: Maybe you are thinking about Cuddihy who played right back once and was very poor maybe because he did not play in that position. Stewart has never featured at right back for us - not in any game I have seen anyway.

Stewart played one game at rightback - possibly against Hibs. We had so many folk at rightback last season it would be a shame if he missed out - Naismith, Watson, Baird, Cuddihy and Irvine all started there and I think I'm missing someone else besides Stewart.

Perhaps it's little surprise that Rae is in the PDE today saying he's looking for someone in every position - apart from rightback as we have two (presumably Irvine counts as one).

Stewart played one game at rightback - possibly against Hibs. We had so many folk at rightback last season it would be a shame if he missed out - Naismith, Watson, Baird, Cuddihy and Irvine all started there and I think I'm missing someone else besides Stewart.

Perhaps it's little surprise that Rae is in the PDE today saying he's looking for someone in every position - apart from rightback as we have two (presumably Irvine counts as one).

Reid ....

Did anyone watch Falkirk v Killie on Sunday. that we really need this season are a few big players 6 ft or over. ROSS DRAPER is a typical type

Killie ran over the top of the bairns .there is a big difference between even bottom of premier and top of champinship

Top championship teams will alway get some results in cups etc but wont have consistency or strength to compete on a weekly basis

note the difference when Roco came ito the team

I am sure the boss knows this and Itrust him to do the right thing

Edited by Eaglesham saint

Did anyone watch Falkirk v Killie on Sunday. that we really need this season are a few big players 6 ft or over. ROSS DRAPER is a typical type

Killie ran over the top of the bairns .there is a big difference between even bottom of premier and top of champinship

Top championship teams will alway get some results in cups etc but wont have consistency or strength to compete on a weekly basis

I think we look more potent with a Gary McGrotty type.

One player who has been freed and who will do a great job for someone in the First Division is Jack Leitch. Derby and Coventry were ready to do battle to sign him two years ago then he got a cruciate injury which put him out of the game for the best part of a year. A really tidy central midfielder - 20 years old. I'd expect that St Mirren have too much cover in his position already but he'll do a great job at Falkirk or Queen of the South

One player who has been freed and who will do a great job for someone in the First Division is Jack Leitch. Derby and Coventry were ready to do battle to sign him two years ago then he got a cruciate injury which put him out of the game for the best part of a year. A really tidy central midfielder - 20 years old. I'd expect that St Mirren have too much cover in his position already but he'll do a great job at Falkirk or Queen of the South

Shame we don't have a "QotS squad 2016-17" or a "Falkirk squad 2016-17" thread.

SHULLLLLL!

In whichever position, Irvine should be starting every game if he's fit. Once he arrived last season he was our best defender in my opinion. Went quietly about his business, making very few mistakes, and was one of the few who flew into tackles, winning 90% of them. Maybe a lot of people didn't notice him much, but he was very effective.

Well if he is the replacement for Hutton at QoS I think they'll have come out with the better part of the deal.

And no doubt if we'd signed him instead of Hutton you'd be questioning why we'd signed a crock.

Edited by Stu

Other than in central defence and a striker who came off the bench after 60 mins most weeks, Leicester City's side weren't big...

If it was his second cruciate injury then yes maybe, however if only one of his cruciates has gone the other is likely to follow suit. Darren McGregor and Allan Russell spring to mind