Rocco Quinn

Surprise surprise,

Hopefully Between Todd, Storie and Fjelde (plus one other??) we have enough to not have to use Quinn again. His legs have gone and he cannot be relied upon to remain injury free.

Think the fact he can't last longer than an hour quite likely means he needs either complete rest or an op to recover.

39 minutes ago, David Mc said:

Think the fact he can't last longer than an hour quite likely means he needs either complete rest or an op to recover.

That's my thoughts too. He was perhaps brought back too early through necessity. A few weeks extra recovery might be all he needs. Here's hoping as we have him for a while yet.

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

That's my thoughts too. He was perhaps brought back too early through necessity. A few weeks extra recovery might be all he needs. Here's hoping as we have him for a while yet.

Hopefully now we've got a few midfielders in he can have some time off, or even an operation if necessary. It's doing no one any good if he keeps coming in and out of the team or can only last 60 minutes. I hadn't realised he was under contract for next year either, although an injured Quinn is still a million times better than a fully fit Hutton.

We are (or were, I've not seen Storie in action yet) clearly a better side with Rocco in it than we are without him in it. Unfortunately though he's simply not that reliable in terms of injury which is a great shame. Quinn as an ever present in our midfield in the early part of the season would've seen us better off by a few points.

I think he deserves a far bit of credit for turning out to help the team when he's far from 100% fit. Some chancers wouldn't have bothered.

Had he really help the team by playing with a injury ? It not as if we have been winning if he played and losing games if he not been playing. I would rather he was fit for 90 mins and half a season instead of half a season of 60 mins. Surely he would also be a better player if he was fit and not injured ?

Had he really help the team by playing with a injury ? It not as if we have been winning if he played and losing games if he not been playing. I would rather he was fit for 90 mins and half a season instead of half a season of 60 mins. Surely he would also be a better player if he was fit and not injured ?

Ideally we would have a fit Rocco Quinn playing 90 mins week in week out but it's been mentioned that he is f**ked. He can't train full time so isn't going to manage to get back to full fitness. However it's been deemed that 60 minutes of him is better than 90 minutes of others.

It has worked where we have managed to get a lead in the first 60 mins and we've then managed to hold out for the win for example the Raith game we won. We tried the same approach in the morton game but sadly didn't manage to hold out. Hopefully now we have more cover we will be able to use Rocco more sparingly/wisely.

23 hours ago, Edinbuddie said:

I think he deserves a far bit of credit for turning out to help the team when he's far from 100% fit. Some chancers wouldn't have bothered.

I think he may be the best of the experienced pros on our books with the exception of John Sutton.

When he has played, we have often played our best footballl. Fitness / injury is a concern.

Fully fit, I recken he would be a crowd favourite as he brings others into play.

• 5 months later...
4 hours ago, paul torfason said:

meant to be ready for today but be very surprised if nit picked up another injury before season starts,hopefully proves me wrong,but doubt it,Craig dargo's twin brother

Played ok today .

5 hours ago, paul torfason said:

meant to be ready for today but be very surprised if nit picked up another injury before season starts,hopefully proves me wrong,but doubt it,Craig dargo's twin brother

I liked Donnie Dargo . I always thought Rocco Quinn sounded like the name of a wrestler , rather than a footballer. .

Think we should hold onto Quin and Sutton , their experience will be useful , and if we have to come to an arrangement to get rid of them.  We might only be able to bring one player in , so on my opinion it makes sense to try and get the best out of these two . Its a long season with potentially 50 odd games

• 4 weeks later...