Ralston Snobs In Uproar

20 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

While there's a degree of truth in your comparison they might well have expected some noise but I still think swearing, and there could be varying levels at times, is not acceptable while sitting in your property, especially if you have children present. 

There is also the fact that swearing in football wasn't always accepted as the norm - at least not in juvenile football where there was often a zero tolerance stance taken when I was a kid. 

2 hours ago, HSS said:

Did the residents of ralston not notice there were pitches at the bottom of the garden when they bought their houses?

It's like buying a house near a church and complaining about bells ringing.

1 hour ago, madball said:

The blaes pitches had been there for many a year and were never really used, other than teenagers having a drink on them at night. When they became used as a training ground the usage increased dramatically.

The parks and cricket wicket were there for a few decades at least. We used  the red ash and two grass parks for school fitba through mid 90s (before being shifted to Seedhill). 

We also used them for kickabouts.

There was plenty of swearing going on then as well!

until st.mirren entered the lease with the Council and invested some money to improve the situation, the parks were becoming waste ground which I'd imagine would  also be undesirable to live next to.

In fact, they should thank St.Mirren for improving their outlook and house prices ;)

I'm sure there's also plenty of swearing from the adjacent tee at Ralston GC. Incidentally, could you imagine the uproar if they lived next to the clubhouse? there have been battles in the streets after some functions in recent years!

Edited by bungle_1981

The parks and cricket wicket were there for a few decades at least. We used  the red ash and two grass parks for school fitba through mid 90s (before being shifted to Seedhill). 

We also used them for kickabouts.

There was plenty of swearing going on then as well!

until st.mirren entered the lease with the Council and invested some money to improve the situation, the parks were becoming waste ground which I'd imagine would  also be undesirable to live next to.

In fact, they should thank St.Mirren for improving their outlook and house prices ;)

I'm sure there's also plenty of swearing from the adjacent tee at Ralston GC. Incidentally, could you imagine the uproar if they lived next to the clubhouse? there have been battles in the streets after some functions in recent years!

This kind of thing bores me. Do St Mirren want to attract new customers, to appeal to the local community and to be a positive and inspirational force in the town? Or do St Mirren want to be the anti social, excuse ridden, drain on resources that the club became over the last 20 years?

I know which route is more likely to lead to sustainable success and which will end to a very quick demise.

Those with any interest under the club should be demanding far higher standards all round.

16 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

This kind of thing bores me. Do St Mirren want to attract new customers, to appeal to the local community and to be a positive and inspirational force in the town? Or do St Mirren want to be the anti social, excuse ridden, drain on resources that the club became over the last 20 years?

I know which route is more likely to lead to sustainable success and which will end to a very quick demise.

Those with any interest under the club should be demanding far higher standards all round.

Utter bollocks . 

What a load of feckin' nonsense! Does anybody actually believe the royal residents of Ralston never heard, or indeed, used foul language before the area was transformed from a drug den to a respectable training facility? 

AllI can say is, "Get  chuffing real ya moanin'faced auld c#nts"!!!!

33 minutes ago, munoz said:

Utter bollocks . 

You're in bad form. 

Why is it utter bollocks? 

It's disgraceful players and officials are being foulmouthed in the middle of a housing estate with many families and children around. 

11 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

What a load of feckin' nonsense! Does anybody actually believe the royal residents of Ralston never heard, or indeed, used foul language before the area was transformed from a drug den to a respectable training facility? 

Another daft post. 

We should set an example and show what wonderful neighbours we are. 

You're acting like an envious ned. 

3 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Sorry - I don't share your view.

Time for us all to move on and up in our behaviours and be good neighbours.

Edited by St.Ricky

10 minutes ago, shull said:

You're in bad form. 

Why is it utter bollocks? 

It's disgraceful players and officials are being foulmouthed in the middle of a housing estate with many families and children around. 

Bad form ? Why , cause I don't agree with the nonsense you repetitively spout ? 

Swearing is part of everyday dialogue and does no harm what so ever .

7 minutes ago, munoz said:

Bad form ? Why , cause I don't agree with the nonsense you repetitively spout ? 

Swearing is part of everyday dialogue and does no harm what so ever .

Woah, so you think it's acceptable to be sitting in your private property and put up with swearing?

Maybe in your world but not everybody finds it part of everyday dialogue and would disagree it's unacceptable.

Feck sake, the 70's are alive and kicking. :byebye

PS The first bit is true right enough.

Edited by faraway saint

14 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Sorry - I don't share your view.

Time for us all to move on and up in our behaviours and be good neigbours.

You really are a sanctimonious git. And, anyway, with your wealth, I'm sure your nearest neighbours are outwith earshot!

Edited by stlucifer

43 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

4 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

You really are a sanctimonious git. And, anyway, with your wealth, I'm sure your nearest neighbours are outwith earshot!

Oh dear. :lol:

No need to be nasty St L.

My background is very working class. My father and uncles were all coal miners. I never heard my father or my uncles swear in front of me.

I don't apologise for having done ok in life. There are many who have done better and good luck to them.

I neither look up to or look down on anyone but do treat each person with respect.

4 hours ago, shull said:

It's all about respect. 

Lucy, Munoz and the dude from Bute should take note. 

Are going to give me a lesson on respect , to go with my earlier one on why I shouldn't go to St Mirren games , because they charge too much ? 

I think I'll give this one a miss also . 

On 19/10/2016 at 3:48 PM, Stuart Dickson said:

Far from being anti social and excuse ridden, St.Mirren have been positive and proactive in trying to address local concerns. Unfortunately, for some it's never good enough.

A few years ago the complaints were about general noise levels.  in planning terms, the use as a sports ground/recreation was established decades ago. Despite that, a noise assessment was undertaken and St.Mirren erected acoustic fencing. 

Since then, some local residents  again raised the issue of noise, pushing for another noise assessment!  Given there is not a case to answer, it would appear complaints have turned to the offensiveness of the noise, which is far more subjective.

On another point, if I recall correctly, there were complaints about balls in gardens. St.Mirren, being the good neighbour, and certainly not making excuses (which given the standard of playing ability would be very easy), erected taller fencing to stop balls. The consequence...complaints about balls hitting the fence!

The club is proactive in improving standards. Fitzy has also met with local residents a few times in his short tenure.

The locals may well be offended by the swearing and frequency of use, and  St.Mirren should do more to address it. However, I suspect even if St.Mirren were to take a zero tolerance approach and the swearing was wiped out, another complaint would soon surface to suit their agenda.

Having a very public facing role in development and planning for major infrastructure projects, I have first hand experience of the lengths people will go to discredit proposals/developments. Whilst legitimate concerns can be mitigated and resolved, some folk will always find something else to complain about no matter how much you address their issues. At the end of the day they just don't want it, but need to justify their dislike for developments rather than simply state their dislike which holds no weight and appears irrational.