Aaron Mooy

12 hours ago, foxbar_bud said:

By all accounts he has been one of their star men this season (getting in championship team of the year). It's not a given but would be surprised if he's not loaned to someone in the premiership this season

Realistically he is going to be very, very far from Man City's first team. I think a lower half Prem team (probably Huddersfield) will buy him for about £5m this summer. 

Danny will be in the papers by the end of the week talking about how he signed Mooy, failing to mention he spent most of his time with us training for the Tour de France.

Always felt he had talent and was disappointed when he left, although don't think anyone could have seen him get to where he has.

On ‎27‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 11:08 PM, fan4ever said:

player flourishing after leaving us.

An article in the Evening will have you believe it started at St.Mirren  and credit it to the boy by showing his appreciation....

Former Saints reject Aaron Mooy insists being told he could leave the club five years ago was the catalyst in the turnaround in his career that will see him playing in the Premier League next season.

The Australian midfielder starred for Huddersfield Town in the Play-off Final at Wembley this week when they defeated Reading on penalties.

After St Mirren signed him from Bolton Wanderers in 2010, he was released two years later by Danny Lennon after 30 games for the club so he could return home to Western Sydney Wanderers because he wanted to get more first team football.

Mooy’s journey to the top flight of English football came via Melborne City before Manchester City snapped him up on a three-year deal before loeaning him out to Huddersfield. And he was voted Huddersfield’s best player this season as they went on to make history.

But the 26-year-old Socceroo star hasn’t forgotten his spell in Paisley and he credits his time there as being the making of him. He said: “I admit it’s been a strange journey for me to get to the Premier League and St Mirren definitely played their part in that.

“I’ve improved a lot since I was at St Mirren. But St Mirren was the start of it for me. It was the first time I had really experienced proper football.

“I always remember how much I learned there. The reason I call it my first taste of proper football was because previously I was in the reserves at Bolton.

“St Mirren was the first club where winning and collecting points mattered hugely and I had to buy into that mentality.”

:thumbs2

On 30/05/2017 at 11:32 AM, Stu said:

Danny will be in the papers by the end of the week talking about how he signed Mooy, failing to mention he spent most of his time with us training for the Tour de France.

Always felt he had talent and was disappointed when he left, although don't think anyone could have seen him get to where he has.

It was my good self and cambo who first saw Mooy playing as a trialist against Morton at St Anthony's junior ground. To be perfectly honest I was taken by surprise as to how naturally gifted a player he was.   

Given that it was only a mixed team of under 19's and some senior players, he stood head and shoulders above everyone.

That goal on Xmas eve against the dead club will stay with me till I die. He was perhaps a bit raw and inexperienced but what a cracking player he's turned out to be.

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Definitely a stain on Danny Lennon's tenure at St Mirren.

Imagine letting a £10 million pound player walk out the door for nothing.

FFS.

He didn't. Wasn't a £10m player at that point. Arrived at Saints for nothing from Bolton. Left Saints on a free to go to Western Sydney Wanderers. They then also released the "£10 million player" for zilch, and he went on to Melbourne City. He left them - also for free would you believe? Signed for Man City and was immediately loaned out to Huddersfield, where he impressed and is now about to sign for them permanently for a fee in the region of £10 million - a drop in the ocean for newly promoted Huddersfield, guaranteed at least around £100 million even if they finish bottom of the league.

Imagine every club he's ever played for letting Mooy go for nothing, until he finally went for what is huge sum to most teams, but peanuts to a team in the English Premier League...

FFS...

52 minutes ago, TopCat said:

FFS.

God help Jack Ross when he lets go a 20 million player. Some tend to forget 10 million in tbe English premiership is around £10,000 in Scotland. Tbe money given to English teams is obscene. The money given to Scottish teams is unbelievable even compared to the likes of Norway / Denmark/ Poland. Mr Englishman at the SFA should pack his bags in disgrace with the deal he cut. Better still Scottish fans should boycott Sky Sports. 

15 minutes ago, Soctty said:

He didn't. Wasn't a £10m player at that point. Arrived at Saints for nothing from Bolton. Left Saints on a free to go to Western Sydney Wanderers. They then also released the "£10 million player" for zilch, and he went on to Melbourne City. He left them - also for free would you believe? Signed for Man City and was immediately loaned out to Huddersfield, where he impressed and is now about to sign for them permanently for a fee in the region of £10 million - a drop in the ocean for newly promoted Huddersfield, guaranteed at least around £100 million even if they finish bottom of the league.

Imagine every club he's ever played for letting Mooy go for nothing, until he finally went for what is huge sum to most teams, but peanuts to a team in the English Premier League...

FFS...

He was a potential £10 million pound player, clearly.  Had he been managed properly we would have gained financially from him.  He wasn't though, so we didn't.

Also Melbourne are owned by the same people that own Man City, so no real point in them paying themselves a transfer fee :lol:

The two losers are Bolton and ourselves.

17 minutes ago, Soctty said:

FFS...

Also, him signing for Man City was hardly based on Man City reckoning he was just what they were looking for. Man City's owners also owned Mooy's Aussie club didn't they? Kind of like Lampard flitting between NYCFC and Man City. All about business.

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

God help Jack Ross when he lets go a 20 million player. Some tend to forget 10 million in tbe English premiership is around £10,000 in Scotland. Tbe money given to English teams is obscene. The money given to Scottish teams is unbelievable even compared to the likes of Norway / Denmark/ Poland. Mr Englishman at the SFA should pack his bags in disgrace with the deal he cut. Better still Scottish fans should boycott Sky Sports. 

So much wrong with this post don't know where to start.

I have Sky Sports but I don't watch any Scottish football on it, cause it's shite.  Should I still boycott it or...?  Also the SFA don't negotiate TV deals.

1 minute ago, TopCat said:

He was a potential £10 million pound player, clearly.  Had he been managed properly we would have gained financially from him.  He wasn't though, so we didn't.

Also Melbourne are owned by the same people that own Man City, so no real point in them paying themselves a transfer fee :lol:

The two losers are Bolton and ourselves.

Three losers. St Mirren, Bolton, and you for making a cnut of a post.

Guest TPAFKATS

Three losers. St Mirren, Bolton, and you for making a cnut of a post.

4 if we include Western Sydney Wanderers who he left out from his post as it didn't fit his agenda

31 minutes ago, Soctty said:

FFS...

We did pay a development fee. Not sure how much, though agree he wasn't at the potential he is showing now. He did look a player, though was clearly troubled by homesickness/confidence/fitness, take your pick.

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

FFS.

Hark at f**king Mystic Meg:lol:

FFS, indeed....

6 minutes ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

Interesting we actually paid 100,000 Euros for him only to be released a short time later.

So we actually didn't sign him for nothing, this just gets worse for DL.

No wonder he's out of football.

34 minutes ago, TopCat said:

So much wrong with this post don't know where to start.

I have Sky Sports but I don't watch any Scottish football on it, cause it's shite.  Should I still boycott it or...?  Also the SFA don't negotiate TV deals.

It's a personal thing. Personally a team getting promoted guaranteed 100 million is shocking ( for me ) You being a confessed Tory probably find it acceptable.  Have been down to watch a few premiership games the last being Sunderland v Liverpool it was ok did not blow me away the way  i was expecting . Amazing what TV production can do. Celtic v Aberdeen was a cracker of a cup final in my humble opinion. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint