Aaron Mooy

37 minutes ago, TopCat said:

So much wrong with this post don't know where to start.

I have Sky Sports but I don't watch any Scottish football on it, cause it's shite.  Should I still boycott it or...?  Also the SFA don't negotiate TV deals.

Wish you would boycott this thread

If Mooy was still with us we would have being selling him for 300K, since that seem to be the normal kind of fee we get now :rolleyes:  The player left us around 5 years because we wasn't good enough to get into the team. I certainly don't remember pages and pages of saints fans getting angry at the club for him leaving. English clubs pay silly money to other English clubs for average players and that is all he is.

13 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Going by Thick Cat's posts on here, Jack Ross will be hounded for life no matter what he does for us.

Such a strange guy is TC...

Bit of name calling online, love that banter :lol:

Stay classy Bud, I'm just disappointed that our club has missed out on such a big windfall.

Bit of name calling online, love that banter [emoji38]

Stay classy Bud, I'm just disappointed that our club has missed out on such a big windfall.

As classy as you still having a go at a manager who left the club 3 years ago?

The boy played for 3 clubs with no transfer fee - plus a year on loan at another - between leaving us and the 'big windfall'...

You managed to work out the percentage of managers working in Scottish football right now who have won more major honours than Danny Lennon yet?

[emoji23]

9 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Bit of name calling online, love that banter :lol:

How did it miss out, that's like saying that Falkirk Choir missed out on Susan Boyle

41 minutes ago, renfrew said:

If Mooy was still with us we would have being selling him for 300K, since that seem to be the normal kind of fee we get now :rolleyes:  The player left us around 5 years because we wasn't good enough to get into the team. I certainly don't remember pages and pages of saints fans getting angry at the club for him leaving. English clubs pay silly money to other English clubs for average players and that is all he is.

He must command the highest transfer fee so far for an ex saint.and your right I can't remembered people talking about him leaving. But Steve mallan and kyle McAllister were players of quality and have plenty of potential so if mooy is with £10 million who knows how much they will  be worth in 5 years time.

3 minutes ago, Soctty said:

He's no the brightest mate. His obvious agendas are mildly amusing though...

Top Cat, the most effectual
Top Cat, whose intellectual
Close friends get to call him T.C.

Providing it's with dignity

Top Cat
The indisputable leader of the gang
He's the boss, he's the pip
He's the championship ( Ah there is the issue !!!)
He's the most tip top
Top Cat

Yes he's the chief, he's the king
But above everything
He's the most tip top
Top Cat

Obviously not written with our TC in mind !!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Paisley brazilians said:

He must command the highest transfer fee so far for an ex saint.and your right I can't remembered people talking about him leaving. But Steve mallan and kyle McAllister were players of quality and have plenty of potential so if mooy is with £10 million who knows how much they will  be worth in 5 years time.

Lets put this into context Troy Deaney is valued at £32M........................

A tea lady at Chelsea is about £5M FFS

3 hours ago, TopCat said:

Definitely a stain on Danny Lennon's tenure at St Mirren.

Imagine letting a £10 million pound player walk out the door for nothing.

FFS.

This is the most ridiculous thing you have ever posted on here, and there has been a fair bit of competition for that title. :lol:

2 hours ago, TopCat said:

He was a potential £10 million pound player, clearly.  Had he been managed properly we would have gained financially from him.  He wasn't though, so we didn't.

Also Melbourne are owned by the same people that own Man City, so no real point in them paying themselves a transfer fee :lol:

The two losers are Bolton and ourselves.

I was wrong.

This one tops the lot. :lol:

Aaron himself has stated that it took a while for his attitude to get sorted.

Without the correct attitude, no amount of managing (whatever the hell that means) would have created that £10m player.

Edited by oaksoft

I think as he played for us under the age of 21 we get some kind of cut from the £10m as a development fee, albeit it will be absolute peanuts in comparison.  Like 0.2% max.

Perhaps someone can confirm

I think you are right, according to this link (no idea how reliable it is) we would be entitled to 0.5% of any fee for each full season he was with us between the ages of 16 and 23.

http://blog.fieldoo.com/2014/04/what-is-solidarity-contribution-in-football/

Was he here 2 seasons? That would be 100k, not to be sniffed at.

Top Cat, the most effectual
Top Cat, whose intellectual
Close friends get to call him T.C.

Providing it's with dignity

Top Cat
The indisputable leader of the gang
He's the boss, he's the pip
He's the championship ( Ah there is the issue !!!)
He's the most tip top
Top Cat

Yes he's the chief, he's the king
But above everything
He's the most tip top
Top Cat

Obviously not written with our TC in mind !!!!!!!

More like Officer Dibble.

24 minutes ago, buddiekev said:

I think you are right, according to this link (no idea how reliable it is) we would be entitled to 0.5% of any fee for each full season he was with us between the ages of 16 and 23.

http://blog.fieldoo.com/2014/04/what-is-solidarity-contribution-in-football/

Was he here 2 seasons? That would be 100k, not to be sniffed at.

One full season, still £50k would be welcome!

Don't think you can blame DL, IIRC Mooy was homesick and needed to go home for a period to get himself sorted.

Glad to see he got his career back on track (and then some) and that he has fond memories of his time with the club - congrats! :clapping

4 hours ago, TopCat said:

FFS.

At the time he seemed more likely to compete in the Tour de France than make in football.

FFS.

You could argue the other way and say it was amazing that Danny realised his potential so early in Aaron's career but we couldn't afford to keep him as a fringe player as he wasn't at that time talented enough to take gowsers place in the team!!

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Show me a post you made at ANY time whilst Aaron was here where you showed you realised that he had that potential.

Now that's a great point..... where is the original Aaron thread, the one that states he is awesome............ must be somewhere

Found it :toilet

2 hours ago, shull said:

TopCat knows which button to press

The Natives are beeling and bullying 

:lol:

Clearly he doesn't.

Otherwise he'd be pressing the delete button to rid this thread of his puerile, embittered posts.

But feel free to virtually fellate him at every opportunity.:)

2 hours ago, shull said:

TopCat knows which button to press. 

The Natives are beeling and bullying 

:lol:

Never knew you were so sensitive Shull.  Someone gets called out for bullshit, even if it is a wind up, and you call it bullying.  Grow a pair mate.:rolleyes:

5 hours ago, TopCat said:

FFS.

You'll be glad that we have Jack Ross in charge then?  That guy can spot a player and get the best out of them.  Tick tock and all that.

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

One full season, still £50k would be welcome!

Don't think you can blame DL, IIRC Mooy was homesick and needed to go home for a period to get himself sorted.

Glad to see he got his career back on track (and then some) and that he has fond memories of his time with the club - congrats! :clapping

Indeed, especially if that non-budgeted cash is reinvested in the squad. That's potentially a new player.