Aaron Mooy

Indeed, especially if that non-budgeted cash is reinvested in the squad. That's potentially a new player.

Or the manager pay rise [emoji56] 11 pages on a player who hardly kicked a ball for us and left 5 years ago [emoji102]

36 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Clearly he doesn't.

Otherwise he'd be pressing the delete button to rid this thread of his puerile, embittered posts.

But feel free to virtually fellate him at every opportunity.:)

Another one with a unhealthy thought in his head :lol:

And we all know your favourite button. 

And it's not the one to post anything original. 

He didn't. Wasn't a £10m player at that point. Arrived at Saints for nothing from Bolton. Left Saints on a free to go to Western Sydney Wanderers. They then also released the "£10 million player" for zilch, and he went on to Melbourne City. He left them - also for free would you believe? Signed for Man City and was immediately loaned out to Huddersfield, where he impressed and is now about to sign for them permanently for a fee in the region of £10 million - a drop in the ocean for newly promoted Huddersfield, guaranteed at least around £100 million even if they finish bottom of the league.

Imagine every club he's ever played for letting Mooy go for nothing, until he finally went for what is huge sum to most teams, but peanuts to a team in the English Premier League...

FFS...

There's a difference between letting a player go for nothing and a player not being interested in extending his contract.

How do you know which was the case at Sydney and Melbourne?

From Wikipedia: "During his time with Melbourne City, Socceroos manager Ange Postecoglou labelled him the "best and most exciting player in the A-League", while former Socceroo goalkeeper Mark Bosnich described him as "the best Australian midfielder playing anywhere in the world"

Doesn't sound like a reject to me.

There's a difference between letting a player go for nothing and a player not being interested in extending his contract.

How do you know which was the case at Sydney and Melbourne?

From Wikipedia: "During his time with Melbourne City, Socceroos manager Ange Postecoglou labelled him the "best and most exciting player in the A-League", while former Socceroo goalkeeper Mark Bosnich described him as "the best Australian midfielder playing anywhere in the world"

Doesn't sound like a reject to me.

I never called him a reject.

Melbourne passed him onto the sister club who then loaned him to a lower league cub.

He was released from his contract each time he left a club - everything else is speculation... [emoji6]

I never called him a reject.

Melbourne passed him onto the sister club who then loaned him to a lower league cub.

He was released from his contract each time he left a club - everything else is speculation... [emoji6]

But you implied he was though, at several clubs.

Happy to be proven wrong but I can see no record of a loan to a lower league club.
What I heard from an A-league fan was he was outstanding every season in Australia.

But you implied he was though, at several clubs.

Happy to be proven wrong but I can see no record of a loan to a lower league club.
What I heard from an A-league fan was he was outstanding every season in Australia.

I implied nothing of the sort - I stated simple facts.

You won't have to go far to be proven wrong -Man City loaned him to Huddersfield. [emoji106]

The fact is he was released by every club until his latest proposed move. That's not to say he hasn't shown talent & promise over the years, but at no point until now has he been a £10 million player, as one confused poster stated he was when we let him go...

I implied nothing of the sort - I stated simple facts.

You won't have to go far to be proven wrong -Man City loaned him to Huddersfield. [emoji106]

The fact is he was released by every club until his latest proposed move. That's not to say he hasn't shown talent & promise over the years, but at no point until now has he been a £10 million player, as one confused poster stated he was when we let him go...

We'll have to agree to disagree on him being 'released' as I don't regard us as having released Dorman, Higdon etc nor PSG having released Zlatan.

Fair enough re Huddersfield. For some reason I thought u meant in Australia. Though even that is an exceptional circumstance as I dont think Man City ever intended to play him. His signing there was always a means to an end.

I take ur point though. No one ever thought he was going to be the guy running midfield in the EPL play off final. Some folk though did think he never got a fair crack of the whip with us.

On the subject of ex players. Was it Gus that brought Loy to us on loan and then never played him or even tried to sign him after his loan period ? Could it be said that since most saints fans want Loy in a saint top next season that Gus f*** up ? [emoji38]

OMFG!! I am stunned that a thread entitled some ex no mark player who played a handful of games for us and appears to have got half decent, has run to 5 pages. 

Oh no wait a minute, that's just a wee smokescreen. It's actually a thread about slagging off ex managers. 

Who gives a flying feck about Aaron Mooy's transfer value. When he was with us, he wasn't good enough and he moved on to some second rate Aussie team. 

Whats the big deal. 

6 hours ago, renfrew said:

On the subject of ex players. Was it Gus that brought Loy to us on loan and then never played him or even tried to sign him after his loan period ? Could it be said that since most saints fans want Loy in a saint top next season that Gus f*** up ? emoji38.png

but saints were a top flight club back then

the fact that we are talking about Loy signing for a lower league club actually proves that gus didnt f*** up....

6 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

OMFG!! I am stunned that a thread entitled some ex no mark player who played a handful of games for us and appears to have got half decent, has run to 5 pages. 

Oh no wait a minute, that's just a wee smokescreen. It's actually a thread about slagging off ex managers. 

Who gives a flying feck about Aaron Mooy's transfer value. When he was with us, he wasn't good enough and he moved on to some second rate Aussie team. 

Whats the big deal. 

10 million :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, mcdowell76 said:

the fact that we are talking about Loy signing for a lower league club actually proves that gus didnt f*** up....

Maybe not then but he did on the 21th March 2010 :rolleyes:

10 hours ago, renfrew said:

On the subject of ex players. Was it Gus that brought Loy to us on loan and then never played him or even tried to sign him after his loan period ? Could it be said that since most saints fans want Loy in a saint top next season that Gus f*** up ? emoji38.png

Gotta love the nutters on this forum and that's not intended as an insult 'cos I'm just as detached from reality as you. :wacko::clapping

4 hours ago, mcdowell76 said:

Signing Loy as a time wasting substitute was one of the reasons GM got the sack. His working relationships with the Development Coach Longwell had clearly broken down - I'd have sacked Longwell but one of them had to go, that it was MacPherson just indicates that he had upset too many people within the club.

In the spirit of this thread I demand that we dig up Jimmy Bone's body and dismember it for selling Paul Lambert to Motherwell for Jim Gardiner and three ginger bottles!

38 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Gotta love the nutters on this forum and that's not intended as an insult 'cos I'm just as detached from reality as you. :wacko::clapping

Signing Loy as a time wasting substitute was one of the reasons GM got the sack. His working relationships with the Development Coach Longwell had clearly broken down - I'd have sacked Longwell but one of them had to go, that it was MacPherson just indicates that he had upset too many people within the club.

In the spirit of this thread I demand that we dig up Jimmy Bone's body and dismember it for selling Paul Lambert to Motherwell for Jim Gardiner and three ginger bottles!

Was it Irun Bru

13 hours ago, ScotstounSaint said:

We'll have to agree to disagree on him being 'released' as I don't regard us as having released Dorman, Higdon etc nor PSG having released Zlatan.

Fair enough re Huddersfield. For some reason I thought u meant in Australia. Though even that is an exceptional circumstance as I dont think Man City ever intended to play him. His signing there was always a means to an end.

I take ur point though. No one ever thought he was going to be the guy running midfield in the EPL play off final. Some folk though did think he never got a fair crack of the whip with us.

Agree pretty much with what you've said. My reply to the the forum eejit was framed to respond to his ridiculous jibes aimed at Danny Lennon, as if it was obvious Mooy was a multimillion pound talent. I remember him being homesick, and always thought he was a little lightweight, but fair play to the boy as he's made the most of his talent.

City took Mooy as he'd done well in Australia and was with their sister club, so it was always a chance for them to make a wee bit of money. 

57 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Signing Loy as a time wasting substitute was one of the reasons GM got the sack.

I love these pointless debates! :lol:

I can't see how not starting Loy would be a reason for sacking the manager.

Loy had no pedigree at that point so how could folk possibly know if was any good?

He'd spent the previous season on loan at Dunfermline in the division below us. He was on the bench for most of that season and only made 18 appearances, scoring 3 goals.

It wasn't until 3 years later that he eventually hit the jackpot and regularly scored goals. However, it was again in the lower division. He's had only 1 season of relative top flight success in his career and he's now 29, scoring 9 league goals in 15/16 with Dundee. He was out of favour last season clearly however.

And St. Mirren had strikers like Higdon, Dargo, Mehmet and even used Dorman up front with some success late on that season.

Not to mention that we finished in a league position that we hadn't beaten in a quarter of a century, reached our first League Cup final in over 40 years and inflicted our biggest league defeat on Celtic in over 100 years!

The story has now made it to the Scottish Sun (I wonder how :rolleyes: ) who are taking the TC line! :clapping:jerrry

Not bad for a player who was let go by ex-Buddies boss Danny Lennon where he made 30 appearances, scoring twice.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/archives/news/162022/fans-in-shock-as-former-st-mirren-star-aaron-mooy-signs-for-manchester-city/

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

It was the bank who forced the BoD to accept Motherwell's bid due to the dire financial position we had gotten into by that stage.

I suppose Bone could have said noto Gardner though....  :lol: