Stubbs Picks Up Sticks For New York

stlucifer

Leaves HIbs as a hero, despite the 'relative failure ' in terms of promotion, but in the grand scheme, promotion to what exactly. A league with Ross county, Accies, Inverness etc etc , fook that, a Cup win far more important in historical achievement terms

Probably has doubled his salary package for now and got closer to home, to work in a better league.

No brainer for him.

Edited by Seaside Nipper

Guest TPAFKATS

Think he's right to live as a hero as opposed to petrie sacking him before Xmas if hibs aren't flying in league.

Still though, it's Rotherham. Ffs!

Think he's right to live as a hero as opposed to petrie sacking him before Xmas if hibs aren't flying in league.

Still though, it's Rotherham. Ffs!

He will be getting paid more money in a better league at a club with a higher average home attendance and significantly higher playing budget than Hibs.

He would have been mental to turn that down.

Last week Jordan White turned down St Mirren in favour of non league side Wrexham. The gap between the English and Scottish leagues is getting bigger every season.

Wrexham are not a wee team. I've been to the Racecourse a few times as I've family from Wrexham and the infrastructure, stadium, history, and fan base are better than most of the SPFL Premiership and Championship.

In all seriousness, the Vanarama league is kicking the Scottish championships ass.

In general terms with players and salaries, the trend away from Scottish football is only going in one direction. So called lesser , wee diddy teams dahn south, your Wrexhams as referenced already, or your Rotherhams etal in the Championship for instance will out bid and out pay almost any Scottish club. Ra sellic get the bin ends in terms of players, Colin Kazeem Richards , or Carlton Cole ffs lol.gif There was a couple of marquee signings eh, seriously wtf was that all about.

If players or their agents can push to get a gig down south they will by and large take it, up here we are a last resort for players and their professional and financial ambition

Guest TPAFKATS

He will be getting paid more money in a better league at a club with a higher average home attendance and significantly higher playing budget than Hibs.

He would have been mental to turn that down.

Last week Jordan White turned down St Mirren in favour of non league side Wrexham. The gap between the English and Scottish leagues is getting bigger every season.

He'll likely be in a relegation battle and probably won't see the season out.

I know his family are still in England and he might earn more, just thought he would've waited for a better gig. Rotherham, ffs!

Wrexham are not a wee team. I've been to the Racecourse a few times as I've family from Wrexham and the infrastructure, stadium, history, and fan base are better than most of the SPFL Premiership and Championship.

Never implied they were a small team. However, it would have been unheard of for a Scottish based player to pick English non league instead of St Mirren 15 years ago.

Pretty common place now though.

He'll likely be in a relegation battle and probably won't see the season out.

I know his family are still in England and he might earn more, just thought he would've waited for a better gig. Rotherham, ffs!

He'll probably be in a relegation battle certainly. Championship's a funny league though. Blackpool were tipped to be in a relegation battle 5 years ago and they ended up in the EPL.

Don't think Stubbs stock is that high either. Their league position of 15th in Scotland last year was their lowest for over 50 years, and that was Stubbs second season in charge.

Anybody can put together a little cup run with a bit of luck, but Stubbs consistently failed in the league.