What Is Saints Level?

Scotland

After reading another post about Alan Stubbs going to Rotherham and how they're bigger than Hibs (arguably the 4th or 5th biggest club in Scotland) and how the SPFL compares to English football...

Where in the English pyramid do you think Saints would be?

Championship?

Conference North??

Edited by Scotland

I reckon round about Vanarama league, in old coinage, league 4 or League 5 , say Non league Conference level. Our peers would be Grimsby , Tranmere , Wrexham , Chester, Aldershot, etc. imo that's our standing on a GB or UK league team level. Financially, most of that lot would buy and sell us.

The 'Old Firm' team wise would struggle in the Championship now. A few years of English tv money and high attendances would mean they would be right up the top end of the league within a decade.

In terms of quality of the team I would say we are bottom end of League 2 at the moment. Maybe even top end of the Vanarama National.

I reckon around Chelsea, Man City or Leicester - If we were given £500m.....

Its a funny old game------ Remember we won the Anglo Scottish so at one stage we were ranked. now we are just rank

Ah the glory of an away trip to Craven Cottage...we were a decent side at times in the late 70s. Feels a very long time ago now.