John Sutton Returns

The manager said that his next signing would open the door for 3 or 4 more after that so if we are waiting on Sutton it could be a while before we see anyone sign .

I'm wondering why this would be the case. Seems odd. I can't think of any reason why we would have to wait on a signing to then trigger subsequent deals. I'm probably missing something obvious.

I'm wondering why this would be the case. Seems odd. I can't think of any reason why we would have to wait on a signing to then trigger subsequent deals. I'm probably missing something obvious.

The only way I could see that being the case is if we're working on a deal to bring several loan players in from one club, like we used to from Newcaslte. But that would do nothing to hold up any potential deal for Sutton.

Maybe down to his budget? If he gets Sutton with the deal he's proposing, it gives him enough to confirm all the other deals?

Maybe down to his budget? If he gets Sutton with the deal he's proposing, it gives him enough to confirm all the other deals?

Aye, it might be that. Not sure that we can afford to hold off for too long, though.

Finding this thread quite funny it's like children guessing what is inside the Christmas wrapped paper. John Sutton is still under contract with the Perth Saints being paid more than he will with us why leave when you can get a couple of months salary for a lower one. Next John will be saying you want me off the contract then pay me off. The Perth Saints manager will be wanting to free up Sutton salary. It's a game of cat and mouse. Div did not put this on rumour mill for good reason I expect to see John score his first goal against Morton in the league not before.

Putting the Sutton saga to one side, I'm a bit surprised that we're not even hearing the whiff of a rumour about other possible signings.

Heard Rae on the radio more than 2 weeks ago saying it was tough going this pre-season as the market is quieter than normal. I see he was at that free agents' game a few days ago. Might be struggling to find the quality required.

Heard Rae on the radio more than 2 weeks ago saying it was tough going this pre-season as the market is quieter than normal. I see he was at that free agents' game a few days ago. Might be struggling to find the quality required.

Aye, heard that too.

They (BBC radio) were following Alex Cooper through the trials process. Seemingly Rae spoke highly of the lad but released him as he had another player for his position in mind. No sign of such a player, so what odds would you get on Cooper being asked back?

Aye, heard that too.

They (BBC radio) were following Alex Cooper through the trials process. Seemingly Rae spoke highly of the lad but released him as he had another player for his position in mind. No sign of such a player, so what odds would you get on Cooper being asked back?

Alex Cooper Ret.... Ach better no.

He was going to bring some his mates,

Aye, heard that too.

Could be Lewis Morgan.

The Sun and the Mail claim Rae is "closing in" on Sutton - although the latter is probably just relieved we're not signing an immigrant.

Never doubted you Div...

But yeah, as I said before, he'll be sorting out his pay-off with with St Johnstone. Wouldn't surprise me if he waited out til the end of the month. Presumably there has been an agreement already reached between us and the player.

Edited by ulysses

Could be Lewis Morgan.

The Sun and the Mail claim Rae is "closing in" on Sutton - although the latter is probably just relieved we're not signing an immigrant.

According to an Aberdeen fan at my work, we're after Cammy Smith on loan.

Think Smith is more of an attacking midfielder/forward. Can definitely play up front. Think Dundee Utd are after him too.

Rae is certainly after a 'left-sider' as he called it, so it wouldn't be Morgan. There's a few wingers out there, Lappin, De Vita, Francis-Angol, could be anyone. Just need to wait and see.