Challenge Cup

1 hour ago, munoz said:

Can't see there being a big crowd for this , due to the kick off time and the lack of interest in this tournament . 

I'm hoping we can get through , so we can have another good day out like the other two challenge cup finals . 

Cant think of any Saints fans who enjoyed the 1st final since getting humped and standing in the freezing rain for 90 mins wasn't enjoyable :blink:

46 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Cant think of any Saints fans who enjoyed the 1st final since getting humped and standing in the freezing rain for 90 mins wasn't enjoyable :blink:

Early morning carry out and then cafe Borgia pre match was enjoyable . 

Have a good few memories of that day , unfortunately none are of the game . 

10 hours ago, munoz said:

Up until East Fife last weekend that was the coldest I'd ever been at a match.

The final against Accies at Airdrie was brilliant though.

I bet, for all the people who are moaning about this tournament and who aren't going on Sunday, saying it doesn't matter, they'll all be queuing up to go to the final if we get there.

I'm looking forward to Sunday, Emma's first ever match :wub:

10 hours ago, munoz said:

That was a brilliant day out which ended with the Borgia owner bribing us with a huge carry out to leave............at closing time.

:guinness

3 hours ago, div said:

Ticket site still doesn't work on mobiles. Think it's something the providers are actively working on. Really needs to be a priority now.

Up to date ticketing situation as at an hour ago, not pretty reading at all!

tns-tickets.JPG

We shouldnt be surprised.

Bloody stupid time for a game, middle of February and live on telly , even if it is just Hurdy Gurdy TV is just plain Bonkers !

2 hours ago, paul torfason said:

in police station till 11pm,let me out when trains stopped,terrible day,frozen sleet n snow showers,but at Airdrie against accies was a brilliant day

You're fault for getting caught by the filth .

12 hours ago, div said:

Ticket site still doesn't work on mobiles. Think it's something the providers are actively working on. Really needs to be a priority now.

Up to date ticketing situation as at an hour ago, not pretty reading at all!

tns-tickets.JPG

Should close the West Bank too and just put everyone in Main Stand. Would look better for the wider TV audience.

48 minutes ago, Gordon Urquhart said:

Should close the West Bank too and just put everyone in Main Stand. Would look better for the wider TV audience.

Either that or everybuddie bunch up in the middle.Fill the empty seats and try and get a bit of atmosphere going.

This match will be watched Worldwide.:rolleyes:

In the challenge cup in the past we had a couple of classic semi final victories. I fondly remember beating Ayr 2:1 at Somerset Park with Eddie Gallagher scoring the winner in the front of a large and bostrious travelling support then there was the brilliant game against Morton at Love Street in 2005. I think we won on penalties. Classic cup ties with decent crowds especially the Morton semi. Both midweek and great experiences. The least said about Rangers semi last year the better. Think there will be a very small crowd tomorrow, less than 2000 but it is a semi final so hopefully see a decent game, a few goals and a saints win. :-) United in the final would be brilliant 30 years on. :-)

If we were sitting idly mid table I would be well up for this tomorrow.
As it is, I'll go along, but it's hard to get too excited.

Goes without saying that if we could win either this game or next weeks game against Ayr, every single St Mirren fan, player and anyone else who has any connection with the club would pick next week.

And this is a semi final too!

18 minutes ago, TopCat said:

If we were sitting idly mid table I would be well up for this tomorrow.
As it is, I'll go along, but it's hard to get too excited.

Goes without saying that if we could win either this game or next weeks game against Ayr, every single St Mirren fan, player and anyone else who has any connection with the club would pick next week.

And this is a semi final too!

Ideal game for us to bed in the new signings and improve their match fitness.

This game has come at an ideal time for us.

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 9:11 AM, div said:

I bet, for all the people who are moaning about this tournament and who aren't going on Sunday, saying it doesn't matter, they'll all be queuing up to go to the final if we get there.

I'm looking forward to Sunday, Emma's first ever match :wub:

Not sure about ALL. There will be a lot though and, quite rightly so. After all. A final's a final, no matter the competition. If we make it at least it'll be an all Scottish event.

As for the second part?  CRUEL BARSTEWARD!

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

we need to improve match fitness in February? God help us. :blink:

Haven't you been following the signing news. McGinn, Eckersley and Davis are short on match practice and fitness. Hope this helps do try and keep up.