Club Takeover - Player Budget Implications Etc?

Just out of curiosity, I'm wondering if an exchange of ownership in mid-July is likely to impact in any way on Alex Rae's player budget for the close season.

Presumably, this will have been accounted for, but amidst the entirely warranted positivity surrounding the successful takeover bid, it is worth considering potential implications for on the field affairs. Its a critical time for the management team, so here's hoping for a smooth transition with no problems for them in terms of building their squad.

Anyone know the score?

Just out of curiosity, I'm wondering if an exchange of ownership in mid-July is likely to impact in any way on Alex Rae's player budget for the close season.

Presumably, this will have been accounted for, but amidst the entirely warranted positivity surrounding the successful takeover bid, it is worth considering potential implications for on the field affairs. Its a critical time for the management team, so here's hoping for a smooth transition with no problems for them in terms of building their squad.

Anyone know the score?

Why would the takeover have any implications for the player budget?

GLS answered the question the other night when he answered a question about whether he would put his own money in if there were cashflow issues.

Basically I think he said he wouldn't be putting any more of his own money in after the takeover. And they are paying the consortium back at £5k per month to begin with, and another £5k per month will go into a rainy day fund, and £2k per month is for SMISA to decide how to spend. He said normally cashflow issues arise around March and exist for a few months and that is when they would use the rainy day fund.

It sounds like they would keep the playing budget the same and continue with the budgets the current board work with to begin with. They are hoping to increase the money the club earn from commercial activities by the sound of it and would hope that the number of SMISA members will increase once it is up and running.

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

Anyone know the score?

Dont know the score but I hope the current BoD's track record of budgeting for almost worst case scenarios will mean any new regimen will take over a very non threatening players budget. Can see this being seamless. With no inside knowledge whatsoever I would hope that there might even be some spare cash from the second parachute instalment and of course the extra cash generated from the last game of the old season.

I would hope the playing budget for the upcoming season was nailed down already by SG & Co, and GLS/SMiSA will run with the already-set budget, reviewing things ahead of the following season based on how things are going then. The new ownership need to review many aspects of the way the club runs - playing budget only being one aspect. Commercial activity being another, and certainly communication between club and fans surely being a prime one.

They need time to put their stamp on the club. No rush to go breenging in and trying to do too much too quickly.

Dont know the score but I hope the current BoD's track record of budgeting for almost worst case scenarios will mean any new regimen will take over a very non threatening players budget. Can see this being seamless. With no inside knowledge whatsoever I would hope that there might even be some spare cash from the second parachute instalment and of course the extra cash generated from the last game of the old season.

What ? Like selling Kenny Mclean coz there was no money to pay the wages ?

The Current board budget to break even, and have often run the club in such a way that we had one of the higher percentages of our income going out on the player budget (because we were more or less debt free). One of our problems is the initial size of the income was a lot smaller than many other SPL clubs.

I would hope the playing budget for the upcoming season was nailed down already by SG & Co, and GLS/SMiSA will run with the already-set budget, reviewing things ahead of the following season based on how things are going then. The new ownership need to review many aspects of the way the club runs - playing budget only being one aspect. Commercial activity being another, and certainly communication between club and fans surely being a prime one.

They need time to put their stamp on the club. No rush to go breenging in and trying to do too much too quickly.

That's pretty much what was said the other night. The GLS/SMISA will bring stability and continuity and the new ideas and fresh energy will begin to come more to the fore further down the line.