Tam Mcgarry

I sit next to Tam and Broonie at the ground.  it is a very sad day and it won't be the same without him on the first day of the season or for that matter any game from now on but you know every time we celebrate a goal or greet because we're getting beat Tam will be going through it with us and as always saying I think we could still win this no matter what the score. 

I sit next to Tam and Broonie at the ground.  it is a very sad day and it won't be the same without him on the first day of the season or for that matter any game from now on but you know every time we celebrate a goal or greet because we're getting beat Tam will be going through it with us and as always saying I think we could still win this no matter what the score. 

Well said Frank.

I dont know how to do anything on this here bawa app. You are right Frank he will always be there with us and no one will ever match him for his optimisim, first game...we always all have our new season start cuddles amongst us....they be hard ones this year [emoji22] There's only one Tam McGarry....

Yes.great wee guy.had plenty of chats and drinks with him in the hole and Lang's.thats me front right in saints for a day picture.a was sub and when a went on he said cmon Paul score the winner and a said a canna cos was out till 3am drinking.he laughed so much.rip tam and when you meet my brother up in heaven tell him a love him as much today as a did 18 year ago.why the good guys first.

Turn out was amazing. And from the club there was many faces. Stewart Gilmour, Brian McAusland, George Campbell, Steven Thompson, Ludo Roy, Derek Scriminger. Hugh Murray, Mark Yardley. We're all there, also seen Keith Lasley of Motherwell. And the Saints done him proud as well. We will all miss Tam's cheery outlook to life and St. Mirren FC.

A fantastic turnout for Tam, the family, the Broons and myself walked round to Tam's seat laid flowers, put the flag up and had a wee rendition of oh when the saints and there's only Tam McGarry...very emotional but Tam would have loved it. We all sat out Tam's backdoor later on and I don't think I have ever sang oh when the saints so much. RIP Tam xxx

I was in Benidorm couple of years ago sitting in a bar. Tam was sitting near me, I went over said hello to him. Tam asked how I knew him I said everybody knows you, we know you because your son played for St Mirren but most of all because you're a true Saint. He was chuffed to say the least. RIP Tam.

• 11 months later...

Tomorrow marks the first anniversary of Tams passing and as i will be in Arrochar i am posting this today.The past season has been very difficult without the wee man at my side but can i just thank the many St Mirren fans who at games have quite simply put a hand on my shoulder or a knowing nod in recognition.The fact his name is still chanted at games and the young player of the year award being named in his honour shows the high regard he was held within our support and has helped Mary,Steven and the girls come to terms with their loss.Please remember them in your thoughts and prayers.

I humbly ask that you take time out and raise a glass or 2 to remember Tam who was quite simply the greatest guy i have ever known.

We,re on our way Tam We,re on our way.