St Mirren Under 20's 2016/17

shull

Think that was the last game for the under-20s tonight. Two questions for folk who watch them regularly:

1. Are you surprised by how well Magennis and McAllister (before he was sold) did for the first team after seeing them in the under-20s? Same could go for Flanagan doing well at Annan.

2. Who do you think will be next to step up to the first team? The likes of Whyte, O'Keefe and MacPherson  have already been mentioned. Any others?

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

Think that was the last game for the under-20s tonight. Two questions for folk who watch them regularly:

1. Are you surprised by how well Magennis and McAllister (before he was sold) did for the first team after seeing them in the under-20s? Same could go for Flanagan doing well at Annan.

2. Who do you think will be next to step up to the first team? The likes of Whyte, O'Keefe and MacPherson  have already been mentioned. Any others?

1. Nope, you'll find several posts by me from the start of the season  stating IMO the two Kyles were ready for the 1st team.

2. Liikewise I've talked up Darren Whyte in particular and think he, O'Keefe, Flanagan, MacPherson and McDonald should all be given pro contracts.

2 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

http://spfl.co.uk/development-league/

Saints currently 14th having completed their fixtures.

If Dundee win their final game we'll finish 15th out of 17

You have to take a lot of things into consideration. Where we end up in that league is the least of all. Should certainly not be looked at as negative by us the fans when the probability of youth players looking at this thread will be high. Encouragement is no bad thing. 

21 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

You have to take a lot of things into consideration. Where we end up in that league is the least of all. Should certainly not be looked at as negative by us the fans when the probability of youth players looking at this thread will be high. Encouragement is no bad thing. 

Absolutely, couldn't agree more. I only posted that link because some (most?) knew tonight was our last fixture and it was just a summary of how the season finished. No negativity from me, it's been a tremendously successful season for the U20s with the 2 Kyles becoming 1st team regulars and others like Darren Whyte, Andrew McDonald, Cameron MacPherson and Connor O'Keefe all making appearances for the 1st team.

Compared to the teams they have lost to recently, no. They lost to a predominantly 15/17 thistle team last week. Rangers were mostly unrecognisable. At this level you expect inconsistey but I have watched the 20"s on and off for the last 5 years. The difference between the team under David Longwell and now is evident. Every one of the 1st team graduates and possibles are all from the DL pool. No one from the current team playing recently apart from the one's mentioned have shown any potential of breaking through in my opinion. I'm a big fan of the 20's as it usually gives you a break from the pressure of watching the main team.