The Torfason Club - Enjoy B&W Army Ad Free

The B&W website, the software, and the server it runs on is funded by the advertisements you see top and bottom of the site.

The hosting, software and app costs are met by the revenue generated by the ads.

The site will ALWAYS be free to use.

The ads do slow down the load time down a fraction but we've had them running on the site for years so you shouldn't really notice it.

I know some people don't like the adverts so as an option I am now giving people the chance to upgrade their membership to remove the adverts from desktop and mobile when they use the site.  Introducing "The Torfason Club".

Membership of the Torfason Club is priced at £0.87p a month (or £10 for a whole year). This can be purchased online securely using PayPal or Credit Card payments by clicking on "Store" at the top of the site.  Your account is immediatley upgraded and the adverts will disappear. Torfason Club members will also be able to access our new online Chat Room which is ideal for matchdays when you can't make it along to the game.

As I say, important to reiterate that the site will always remain free, and I know everyone has enough to shell out for these days with supporters clubs, BuyTheBuds, season tickets and everything else but this will allow users to opt out of the adverts if they so wish whilst still contributing to the running costs.

• div pinned this topic

1 hour ago, shull said:

I still have adverts on my Phone and Laptop. 

Sorry mate, we had an old process that moved users into a group called Special Access. I have fixed that now and you are back in the Torfason Club so you should now be ad-free!

Please confirm all ok now.

45 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

So do I, one of them is for Uber.

Ads will show for all users who are not members of the Torfason Club mate. I don't see a transaction against your account?

26 minutes ago, div said:

Sorry mate, we had an old process that moved users into a group called Special Access. I have fixed that now and you are back in the Torfason Club so you should now be ad-free!

Please confirm all ok now.

All clear, thanks. 

Have to say, I'm already noticing the difference in the speed of the site.  No loading ads is making a huge difference.

Div - I'll PM my address so you can send my commission cheque  ;-)

15 minutes ago, MotherwellSaint said:

Just signed up can you access chat rooms through app? Or just on browser is working lot quicker without adverts 

You can use the chat room through a mobile browser but not via the app.

Thanks for signing up!

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Unless there's a massive amount sign up for this, and I doubt that, the chat room will be quieter than an audience with Poz.

If this, as Div mentions, is to be used on match days I would have thought leaving it open to all forum members would have reduced the post count/traffic on match day threads.

Just pay yir Tenner and S.T.F. U. B)