Goody the Legend at Alloa Athletic Thread

shull

To be honest, I can't really recall hearing Gus' old mantra being trotted out of late. 

It was used by David Longwell last season when St Mirren were offered Jai Quitongo. Apparently he wasn't better than what the club already had back then. Days later the club signed Jaison McGrath. Which begs the questions did St Mirren scout either player? Did the person watching them both have the slightest clue? And if the argument is that the club were correct at the time why were Morton able to develop this young starlet, while McGrath clearly must have went badly backwards.

42 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

It was used by David Longwell last season when St Mirren were offered Jai Quitongo. Apparently he wasn't better than what the club already had back then. Days later the club signed Jaison McGrath. Which begs the questions did St Mirren scout either player? Did the person watching them both have the slightest clue? And if the argument is that the club were correct at the time why were Morton able to develop this young starlet, while McGrath clearly must have went badly backwards.

We know you have a semi for Jose's boy, Stuart, but I think you're getting a bit carried away, here. I was at the game on Saturday, and while he looked a decent enough player, I wasn't sitting there wringing my hands in dismay that he isn't a St Mirren player.

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

We know you have a semi for Jose's boy, Stuart, but I think you're getting a bit carried away, here. I was at the game on Saturday, and while he looked a decent enough player, I wasn't sitting there wringing my hands in dismay that he isn't a St Mirren player.

I was when I seen his goal against Hamilton on Tuesday.

A belter :)

4 hours ago, Drew said:

If we'd had a chance to sign him for the development team this time last year we should have taken it as he looks like he could be a decent player.

And, if nothing else, it would also stop the weekly updates we're going to get from a certain poster about his progress for the next 10 years.

Edited by Stu