St Mirren v Edinburgh City League Cup Group G 30/7/16

shull

Edinburgh scored two against Hamilton. We should get the nine points but we will struggle to get the goals required. Losing three on Saturday probably has undone us, though nine points is a fair return. Always like to see us progress but l think this new format has undone a few teams... Look at Ross county

I made the mistake in thinking that the tied placings were settled on head to head before GD, and therefore thinking that any win on Saturday would put us through.

Turns out I was wrong and it looks likely we are going to win 3 games out of 4 and probably still go out. Oh well, them's breaks, it's been a decent group and good preparation for the league campaign.

I think we would have went to goal difference anyway as the three teams that can finish on 9 points have all beaten one and lost to one of the others so there would be no way to separate out by that criterion.

Assuming we beat Edinburgh City it's still been a good campaign even if we go out and a lot more fun than friendlies. I hope the SPFL keep this for next season.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Black & White Army mobile app

There are 3 competitions available to us (normally 2 if we are in the top league and excluding the challenge cup)

I cannot see us winning this league with Hibernian and Dundee Utd in it. Looks like we are about to exit the League cup yet again at the first hurdle. That leaves the Scottish cup which doesn't start until January. Unless a dramatic improvement is made in time for the league campaign, with at least an attempt to fight for play off position, another miserable season could be on the cards.

Over to Mr Rae to work miracles which many on this forum appear to think he is capable of. Best of luck to him. Maybe we can even turn over the leagues newest arrivals on Saturday.

26 minutes ago, Froggie said:

There are 3 competitions available to us (normally 2 if we are in the top league and excluding the challenge cup)

I cannot see us winning this league with Hibernian and Dundee Utd in it. Looks like we are about to exit the League cup yet again at the first hurdle. That leaves the Scottish cup which doesn't start until January. Unless a dramatic improvement is made in time for the league campaign, with at least an attempt to fight for play off position, another miserable season could be on the cards.

Over to Mr Rae to work miracles which many on this forum appear to think he is capable of. Best of luck to him. Maybe we can even turn over the leagues newest arrivals on Saturday.

League over before a ball is kicked and out a competition we can still go through in before the final game kicks off - even for you this is a new low !!!

Edited by Ayrshire Saints

The game on Saturday is great preparation for the season ahead. Its a must win game and the players know what is required statistically to see us through to the next round. 

Regardless if we go through or not now, a win on Saturday will still be a good confidence builder going into the Morton game next week.

3 hours ago, Froggie said:

:lol: f**k off!

6 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

League over before a ball is kicked and out a competition we can still go through in before the final game kicks off - even for you this is a new low !!!

You know I will be proved correct again though. This amphibian rarely gets things wrong. Sang froid.

Just over a day to go. 

Getting very excited about this Match. 

Hopefully we will get a bumper Crowd for it. 

I can see us having our highest goals tally at Greenhill Road. 

Maybe 9 Nil to the Super Saints. 

COSMFC 

On 23/07/2016 at 9:27 PM, shull said:

We are going to demolish this Mob.

Super Saints 8 Edinburgh City 0

Crowd - 2313

:clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping

BRING ON THE MORTON

I think the Attendance may creep up a bit. 

It would be marvellous if we could get 5000 plus but it will probably be 2787.

:)

From SPFL TWITTER

St Mirren will win the group if:

• St Mirren beat Edinburgh City (H) by a margin of 4 or more goals AND Hamilton fail to beat Livingston (H).
  • St Mirren beat Edinburgh City (H) AND Hamilton beat Livingston (H) AND (St Mirren’s winning margin – Hamilton’s winning margin) > 5.
  • St Mirren beat Edinburgh City (H) AND Hamilton beat Livingston (H) AND (St Mirren’s winning margin – Hamilton’s winning margin) = 5 AND (Goals scored by St Mirren – Goals scored by Hamilton) > 4.