New Era - List Your Needs and Wants

All for the benefit of St Mirren Football Club, St Mirren Supporters, Visitors and the Community. 

I agree with Blair (Stripey).

Upgrading of Disabled Facilities is necessary and urgent.

Also revamp of the Tannoy System.

That all. 

I dinnae ask for much. 

Anything else? 

Prices do need heavily slashed. 

But it needs to be done across the whole of Scottish Football and over a period of a few years as Salary Contracts need to vastly reduced. 

Most Clubs eventually resorting to Part Time would be marvellous and a great help in cutting Admission Prices. 

Stop whoring ourselves to the 'Old Firm' when such meetings with them come along.

Be more pro-active and don't take over three years to do something as simple as updating your own HoF boards.

Kick JD Sports arse.

Don't take the 1300 paid-up members for granted.

Give Chick Young a slap in the ashet.

Want

1)  To see our glorious club continue the great work it has started in becoming an absolute community club.  Players attending community events, fans being invited to training days and events such as those arranged by the great people on the fans council allow us mere mortals the opportunity to golf/quiz/chat/drink with the players.  Superb.

2)  To the "Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co first team playing squad" brand promoted more in Paisley.  I want to see the badge on every door of every shop, I want to see the public houses adorned with pictures of yesteryear buddies and I want our great club promoting Paisley as well as Paisley promoting our great club.

3)  More promotions aimed at getting the "young uns" along to Greenhill Road international stadia.  The free tickets in schools is always a success and such ventures need to be continued and increased. 

4)  To see wee Alex Rae (of light) on the back of a pick up truck being driven by Anthony Fitzpatrick around Paisley with a loud hailer shouting "mon see the Mirren" and the such like.

Need

1)  I agree with Shull and as such Stripey in that the facilities for our disabled fan's need to be at the very forefront of our new boards priorities.

2)  I agree with Shull and as such Stripey in that the tannoy system is unfit for purpose.

3)  Better pies at a more reasonable price.  Why can I purchase a high quality pie from "the Wee bakers" in Govan for 50p (or thereabouts) and yet pay substantially more for low quality rubbish at our international stadia?  Serve up decent scran at a decent price and you will not only sell more your profits will rise accordingly.  Ask that boy from Saporito or him with Bernies café in Bridge of Weir  to sort you out with a decent supplier as both premises serve up decent food.  Far better offer the catering to either of those two......good Buddies who know the food game.  In fact have Saporito do the catering for hospitality and Bernies can do the pie stall (or vice versa).  Look after our own that's what I say!

4)  Open the other gate of the car park on a match day so that vehicles can actually leave the car park prior to 1730hrs on a Saturday!

5)  Get strips sold in the club shop.  If JD have a problem with that then let's start a campaign of hate similar to the one that the people of Liverpool undertook against the Sun. 

11 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

Want

1)  To see our glorious club continue the great work it has started in becoming an absolute community club.  Players attending community events, fans being invited to training days and events such as those arranged by the great people on the fans council allow us mere mortals the opportunity to golf/quiz/chat/drink with the players.  Superb.

2)  To the "Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co first team playing squad" brand promoted more in Paisley.  I want to see the badge on every door of every shop, I want to see the public houses adorned with pictures of yesteryear buddies and I want our great club promoting Paisley as well as Paisley promoting our great club.

3)  More promotions aimed at getting the "young uns" along to Greenhill Road international stadia.  The free tickets in schools is always a success and such ventures need to be continued and increased. 

4)  To see wee Alex Rae (of light) on the back of a pick up truck being driven by Anthony Fitzpatrick around Paisley with a loud hailer shouting "mon see the Mirren" and the such like.

Need

1)  I agree with Shull and as such Stripey in that the facilities for our disabled fan's need to be at the very forefront of our new boards priorities.

2)  I agree with Shull and as such Stripey in that the tannoy system is unfit for purpose.

3)  Better pies at a more reasonable price.  Why can I purchase a high quality pie from "the Wee bakers" in Govan for 50p (or thereabouts) and yet pay substantially more for low quality rubbish at our international stadia?  Serve up decent scran at a decent price and you will not only sell more your profits will rise accordingly.  Ask that boy from Saporito or him with Bernies café in Bridge of Weir  to sort you out with a decent supplier as both premises serve up decent food.  Far better offer the catering to either of those two......good Buddies who know the food game.  In fact have Saporito do the catering for hospitality and Bernies can do the pie stall (or vice versa).  Look after our own that's what I say!

4)  Open the other gate of the car park on a match day so that vehicles can actually leave the car park prior to 1730hrs on a Saturday!

5)  Get strips sold in the club shop.  If JD have a problem with that then let's start a campaign of hate similar to the one that the people of Liverpool undertook against the Sun. 

TT has nailed it. 

Certainly improved disabled facilities must be the priority. No excuse really for leaving an aged stadium to move into a brand new purpose built alternative that has poorer disabled facilities.

Fresh creative ideas in terms of use of the stadium and other facilities for the benefit of club and community also required.

Just having security and continuity of stewardship is fantastic though. This will make it easier to achieve the other goals (no pun intended).

1. Away fans out of West Bank.

2. Improve Tannoy.

3. HoF and new images around the stadium of our glorious heritage eg a large mural of Thommo after the Cup Final on one of the outside walls of the South, West and North Stands. Aber on another and Lapsley the other).

4. Black & White stripes on the walls of the other stands besides the West Bank.

5. A communication channel between the fans (not just SMISA members) and the Club.

6. All communication with the Club from any source to be dealt with quickly and efficiently.

7. Improved links with the local community so the facilities are in use every day (REA? :) ).

8. Improved Club shop with strips available for purchase.

Give me time and I'll come up with more :)

I'd now like to see the club look after the supporter's interests better, proper disabled facilities, a discussion about the pros and cons of having away fans in the west stand, much better communications from the club with the fans, the tannoy fixed and hall of fame panels updated.

I'd like the club to revisit my front loaded 'ST lite' idea. I still believe there is mileage in it, and it was generally well received when views were canvassed on here an on the OS forum.

Anything that makes attending games more convenient and attractive has to be a good thing.

I'd like the club to revisit my front loaded 'ST lite' idea. I still believe there is mileage in it, and it was generally well received when views were canvassed on here an on the OS forum.

Anything that makes attending games more convenient and attractive has to be a good thing.

Cant say I read your idea Drew. If you can be bothered to write it again.

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Cant say I read your Drew. If you can be bothered to write it again.

I'll hunt for the thread later, Ian. Not sure how many have been lost since forum revamp, though.

4 minutes ago, Drew said:

I'll hunt for the thread later, Ian. Not sure how many have been lost since forum revamp, though.

Ian asked you to write it again. 

Come on. 

Get on with it. :D

I just want to see a leadership team that is being driven and motivated by the love of the sport.

Football is an incredible game. Those within the game can have extraordinary influence on the lives of so many people. It's got the power to develop and inspire young people, it's got the power to be a community activity where those who are in need of a bit of support can get it, it's got the power to bring families together and to build real happy and positive memories that endure far longer than any Chairmanship or playing career. I want those at the head of "my club" to make every decision with that consideration. Do the right thing. It's too important not to.

The disabled facilities is just one obvious example. How the hell could this have been neglected for so long? And why the hell is the motivation for doing something about it more about getting an accreditation award than it is about the wellbeing of those who support the club? I get why grants and funding are being applied for but regardless of whether they are granted or not this needs doing and it needs doing well.

I'd also agree with those who are highlighting the need to support the local community as a priority. I've been banging on about that for ages and I'm glad others want to see the same thing. I hope the new leadership can get this element right too, not just because it's the right thing, but because it's through the community that the potential for growth exists. It doesn't have to be a negative cost on the balance sheet either. Sustainability is the key. I hope the leadership can deliver.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Stop whoring ourselves to the 'Old Firm' when such meetings with them come along.

From a guy who wanted Sevco ushered straight into the SPL, this is a breath taking statement.

The reason that the Old Firm still exists today is because people like you pulled down their pants, bent over and took it straight up the jacksy!

Edited by nosferatu

Personally, I'm not bothered.

When Sevco were admitted to Scottish football and Rangers were more or less let off without punishment for the biggest scandal in sporting history then that was game over for me.

It was an opportunity to finish the Old Firm forever and have a proper competitive sport in Scottish football. It was an opportunity to end sectarianism in Scotland.

Scottish football is no more a sport than wrestling. Folk who continue to pay money into Scottish football are effectively allowing sectarianism in Scotland to continue.

I won't be back. The game is a bogey.

10 minutes ago, nosferatu said:

When Sevco were admitted to Scottish football and Rangers were more or less let off without punishment for the biggest scandal in sporting history then that was game over for me.

It was an opportunity to finish the Old Firm forever and have a proper competitive sport in Scottish football. It was an opportunity to end sectarianism in Scotland.

Scottish football is no more a sport than wrestling. Folk who continue to pay money into Scottish football are effectively allowing sectarianism in Scotland to continue.

Yep. The scenes we saw around Scottish Football, and particularly at SMFC in 2012 take some swallowing for me too. Scottish Football would definitely have been dead and buried for me too if Gilmour, McAusland and Campbell - and the majority of people in the boardroom that day - had gotten their way.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

25 minutes ago, nosferatu said:

Not quite as extreme as you C'apn but yeah the demise of that team was an opportunity which the rest of Scottish football was too scared to take advantage of.

Still follow but more out of habit than anything else, will continue to go but all I really want from the new regime is to put out a team - good, bad or indifferent.

Good luck to SMiSA and Gordon Scott but as far as the Consortium who clubbed together seven years ago at the expense of all the other existing shareholders - I couldn't care less. 

Edited by Bud the Baker