New Era - List Your Needs and Wants

48 minutes ago, nosferatu said:

From a guy who wanted Sevco ushered straight into the SPL, this is a breath taking statement.

The reason that the Old Firm still exists today is because people like you pulled down their pants, bent over and took it straight up the jacksy!

Because nobody in England wants them.

3 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Stop whoring ourselves to the 'Old Firm' when such meetings with them come along.

Be more pro-active and don't take over three years to do something as simple as updating your own HoF boards.

Kick JD Sports arse.

Don't take the 1300 paid-up members for granted.

Give Chick Young a slap in the ashet.

Personally i won't be taking 1300 people for granted, already asking for JD to get a swift one,have asked for consultation with fans on the prospect of future OF games, intend to be as pro-active as i can and only STV were at ground today with cameras to speak to a few SMiSA members, on STV 6 o'clock news tonight

10 minutes ago, buddiecat said:

Personally i won't be taking 1300 people for granted, already asking for JD to get a swift one,have asked for consultation with fans on the prospect of future OF games, intend to be as pro-active as i can and only STV were at ground today with cameras to speak to a few SMiSA members, on STV 6 o'clock news tonight

Hopefully you won't take this the wrong way, but aside from knowing you as the 'Buddiecat' alias on this forum, I have genuinely no idea who you are, so on what basis do you have a remit to give JD a kick in the nuts, consult with fans about future OF games, or anything else for that matter.

4 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Hopefully you won't take this the wrong way, but aside from knowing you as the 'Buddiecat' alias on this forum, I have genuinely no idea who you are, so on what basis do you have a remit to give JD a kick in the nuts, consult with fans about future OF games, or anything else for that matter.

The same remit as you have by being a SMiSA member, i am also a board member of SMiSA and have discussed along with other members including our new SMiSA club board director about the things you listed and i replied to.

2 minutes ago, buddiecat said:

The same remit as you have by being a SMiSA member, i am also a board member of SMiSA and have discussed along with other members including our new SMiSA club board director about the things you listed and i replied to.

If you perhaps agree with other like-minded fans that JD deserve a kick in the baws, the responsibility for administering that kick, or indeed kicking them into touch would fall, somewhere down the line, to GLS and his fellow directors?

7 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

If you perhaps agree with other like-minded fans that JD deserve a kick in the baws, the responsibility for administering that kick, or indeed kicking them into touch would fall, somewhere down the line, to GLS and his fellow directors?

Yes, as stated i have asked for these things to be considered, i have not said i would be doing the swift kicking - because i won't be but i can ask just as any SMiSA member can that our new board member can take these concerns to board meetings.

Just now, buddiecat said:

Yes, as stated i have asked for these things to be considered, i have not said i would be doing the swift kicking - because i won't be but i can ask just as any SMiSA member can that our new board member can take these concerns to board meetings.

To my eyes, not quite the way you worded things earlier. Not the first time you have posted about 'getting the keys' and 'we', or talking about doing this, that and the next. Thanks for your replies though, and I assume what I can take from them is that while you are a SMiSA board member, that position, as things stand two days after the official takeover announcement, means no more hands-on involvement in the process than that of any of the other '1300'. Unless you put yourself up for election to the BoD and win the vote.

2 hours ago, Eaglesham saint said:

hate to bring this up but are the club not breaking the law due to lack of proper disabled facilities

if it was a theatre or cinema it would be shut down till it was done

I was a Disability Advisor for many years and know that society in general have been very poor at accommodating those with impairments mainly due to ignorance of people's needs and is not due to other motives. It has taken a long time for organisations to take into account the needs of those with an impairment.

There is the Law (Disability Discrimination Act 1995) and there is good practice. From what I can see the Club is not in breach of the Act in any way. The Act refers for example to access which the Stadium meets. They would also meet wide vomitories as well as access to low counters for food and drink and disabled toilet facilities.

The Club has a Policy Statement        http://www.saintmirren.net/club_policies/2014/disabled_supporters.pdf

and a detailed Policy                            www.saintmirren.net/club_policies/disabled_supporters.doc

There is also an independent review from a visiting wheelchair user who gives the Club a 100% rating for its facilities for a wheelchair user.

https://www.euansguide.com/reviews/scotland/renfrewshire/paisley/st-mirren-football-club-and-conference-centre/review-the-buddies-renaccess/

That all being said currently wheelchair users have to be positioned down the front with a poor view and exposed to the weather however that is the same for anyone sitting at the front so no discrimination is taking place. Good practice is what is currently in the pipeline ie a raised area which is sheltered with a good view, but this is not a legal obligation so the Club in not in breach of the Act.

22 minutes ago, Sonny said:

That all being said currently wheelchair users have to be positioned down the front with a poor view and exposed to the weather however that is the same for anyone sitting at the front so no discrimination is taking place. 

Ach it is. In wet weather conditions someone who doesn't use a wheelchair has the option of moving back in the stand to one of the 5000+ empty seats in the stadium most home games where presumably a greater level of protection against the weather is available. A wheelchair user doesn't have that option. So they are being discriminated against - even if the club aren't in breach of the Disability Discrimination Act. The good news it appears is that things are in hand and the platform will be happening once the planning office give its permission. 

Edited by Stuart Dickson

I was a Disability Advisor for many years and know that society in general have been very poor at accommodating those with impairments mainly due to ignorance of people's needs and is not due to other motives. It has taken a long time for organisations to take into account the needs of those with an impairment.

There is the Law (Disability Discrimination Act 1995) and there is good practice. From what I can see the Club is not in breach of the Act in any way. The Act refers for example to access which the Stadium meets. They would also meet wide vomitories as well as access to low counters for food and drink and disabled toilet facilities.

The Club has a Policy Statement        http://www.saintmirren.net/club_policies/2014/disabled_supporters.pdf

and a detailed Policy                            www.saintmirren.net/club_policies/disabled_supporters.doc

There is also an independent review from a visiting wheelchair user who gives the Club a 100% rating for its facilities for a wheelchair user.

https://www.euansguide.com/reviews/scotland/renfrewshire/paisley/st-mirren-football-club-and-conference-centre/review-the-buddies-renaccess/

That all being said currently wheelchair users have to be positioned down the front with a poor view and exposed to the weather however that is the same for anyone sitting at the front so no discrimination is taking place. Good practice is what is currently in the pipeline ie a raised area which is sheltered with a good view, but this is not a legal obligation so the Club in not in breach of the Act.

The DDA was replaced by the Equality Act 2010.

Whether there is or is not discrimination, there is certainly bad practice and this must be addressed as a priority.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Black & White Army mobile app

Just now, Stuart Dickson said:

Ach it is. In wet weather conditions someone who doesn't use a wheelchair has the option of moving back in the stand to one of the 5000+ empty seats in the stadium most home games where presumably a greater level of protection against the weather is available. A wheelchair user doesn't have that option. So they are being discriminated against - even if the club aren't in breach of the Disability Discrimination Act. The good news it appears is that things are in hand and the platform will be happening once the planning office give its permission. 

My response to the original question is that the Club is not in breach of the Law. Good practise is now being addressed.

47 minutes ago, Sonny said:

thank you for explaining that Sonny 

More community involvement is a must. We are now owned (partially at least) so why not grow the community? Let kids in for a quid (or free) - get them hooked from a young age by making supporting the Saints affordable. The long term gain could be potentially massive.

6 hours ago, pozbaird said:

as things stand two days after the official takeover announcement, means no more hands-on involvement in the process than that of any of the other '1300'. Unless you put yourself up for election to the BoD and win the vote.

No shit Sherlock ? Buddiecat has been at the forefront of the campaign on Social Media since the word go to get people to sign up and has been congratulated for his efforts by several SMISA members . Well done again Buddiecat for you efforts !

9 hours ago, pozbaird said:

To my eyes, not quite the way you worded things earlier. Not the first time you have posted about 'getting the keys' and 'we', or talking about doing this, that and the next.

His post was very clear and you totally misread it.

Not the first time you have half read a post and immediately jumped down the throat of a fellow poster in error.

Chill dude.

9 hours ago, billyg said:

No shit Sherlock ? Buddiecat has been at the forefront of the campaign on Social Media since the word go to get people to sign up and has been congratulated for his efforts by several SMISA members . Well done again Buddiecat for you efforts !

I have also posted many times to congratulate both SMiSA and GLS for their hard work in getting the deal done. I think it was 'whiteman' who 'liked' those posts. I also posted some criticisms, and asked some questions as others did, during the bid process. I am perfectly happy to send out congratulations again to all. In regard to the oaksoft aliases latest post, I wasn't just referring to one isolated post from the buddiecat alias either. If I have misread extreme general enthusiasm as a sense that they could already personally sniff the boardroon keys and the ability to weild power in it before any deal had actually been done, then I'm quite happy to butt out of the discussion and let everyone else crack on. My take on it wasn't to character assasinate anyone, but I was reading their posts (not just the latest one), and thinking they were getting way, way ahead of themselves.

Chill dude? Really?

Edited by pozbaird

9 hours ago, billyg said:

Aye.. Its true what they say "no good deed ever goes unpunished".

19 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I have also posted many times to congratulate both SMiSA and GLS for their hard work in getting the deal done. I think it was 'whiteman' who 'liked' those posts. I also posted some criticisms, and asked some questions as others did, during the bid process. I am perfectly happy to send out congratulations again to all. In regard to the oaksoft aliases latest post, I wasn't just referring to one isolated post from the buddiecat alias either. If I have misread extreme general enthusiasm as a sense that they could already personally sniff the boardroon keys and the ability to weild power in it before any deal had actually been done, then I'm quite happy to butt out of the discussion and let everyone else crack on. My take on it wasn't to character assasinate anyone, but I was reading their posts (not just the latest one), and thinking they were getting way, way ahead of themselves.

Chill dude? Really?

4 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Chill dude? Really?

FFS Poz you are making a twat of yourself now.

Why dont you just apologise to buddiecat for misreading his post and as a result wrongly giving him a hard time and give this pathetic pish a rest.

We need to make it much easier for kids to gain free access to the ground. Something akin to what Partick do where all kid in the home support under 16 get in for free. 

Our own season ticket initiative is good but there are too many hurdles - deadlines, conditions of purchase - to truly serve the purpose of maximising our engagement with young people. Let's just have a simple rule of letting U16s in for free.