New Era - List Your Needs and Wants

1 hour ago, shull said:

Phil from Press Area & Pitch is dreadful in South Stand.

Police is perfect in South Stand and in Vomitary ( where Phil is not linked to )

Tell him he's no supposed to put the microphone in his mouth.

12 hours ago, rea said:

The Tannoy system was not designed for music etc only for police announcements etc. Even at that when I was on the board the Tannoy installers were dragged back in and spent considerable extra money getting it upto the police standards.

To get it to "gig" quality from what I understood at the time this was a fortune. The tech may have advanced such that it is now much cheaper but what the Tannoy was specified for e.g being a Tannoy and not a HIFI it now does

Music is not the problem. In the West Bank Phil's utterances are a background mumble. You cannot make out the announcements which could potentially be a safety issue however the police announcements are crystal clear. Something wrong somewhere.

8 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Music is not the problem. In the West Bank Phil's utterances are a background mumble. You cannot make out the announcements which could potentially be a safety issue however the police announcements are crystal clear. Something wrong somewhere.

^^^ This...

The police announcements preceeded by their loud 'bing-bong!' tone 'this is a safety announcement...' are all loud and clear as a bell. Phil's announcements of any nature, either from his wee box at the top of the main stand, or out on the pitch with his remote mic' are, as Sonny says, mostly background mumbles with very poor quality. Still, we've only been in the new ground about seven years, so a bit unreasonable to have expected the outgoing BoD to fix it in such a short timespan.

Edited by pozbaird

12 hours ago, rea said:

The Tannoy system was not designed for music etc only for police announcements etc. Even at that when I was on the board the Tannoy installers were dragged back in and spent considerable extra money getting it upto the police standards.

To get it to "gig" quality from what I understood at the time this was a fortune. The tech may have advanced such that it is now much cheaper but what the Tannoy was specified for e.g being a Tannoy and not a HIFI it now does

That explains it, it doesn't work properly when connected to the DJ's laptop ? only when connected to the PA system it came with ?

For all people are saying music isn't the issue, a right good sound system can make a big impact.

Falkirk's is a belter, though we still managed to drown it out during the famous 0-2 win, despite them having the volume set to 11!

Not denying that Drew. But last season apparently there was a young talented local girl singing at half-time. I only know because I read about it afterwards. Did not hear any announcement nor her singing via the PA system. Likewise a friend asked for birthday wishes to be given to her son at half-time. No idea if that took place or not. Decent volume of music is a bonus.

^^^ This...

The police announcements preceeded by their loud 'bing-bong!' tone 'this is a safety announcement...' are all loud and clear as a bell. Phil's announcements of any nature, either from his wee box at the top of the main stand, or out on the pitch with his remote mic' are, as Sonny says, mostly background mumbles with very poor quality. Still, we've only been in the new ground about seven years, so a bit unreasonable to have expected the outgoing BoD to fix it in such a short timespan.

Maybe that is Phil's real voice?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Black & White Army mobile app

16 hours ago, rea said:

There certainly is a problem, but mainly - as has been alluded to - speech.  Perhaps it is the laptop (cr Buddiecat), or maybe the quality of the Microphones.  Wherever the police message comes from  and is plugged into, needs to be used for the music and mics.  It's perfect.

Maybe a pre-amplifier needs connected somewhere?  I am sure there will be at least one sound engineer within our support who would gladly give the whole thing a checkover for free?

Edited by Vambo57

16 hours ago, rea said:

Well, we could do the same and get them to fix it to our standards.  Why did you not do that at the time Richard?

Tannoy was fine when we first moved ground for police announcements, Phil's announcements and music. Can't remember any issues the few times I sat in the stand behind the goals in the first few years there so I'd say it was fit for purpose unless it has been replaced by an inferior system.

Tannoy is still fine on all three counts in the main stand so it does work and is still fit for purpose. However, it's hopeless in the south stand and there are now complaints about it in the west stand (would be interesting to hear if it's OK in the other stand) so clearly there's a problem rather than the system not being good enough.

One thing I really would like to see would be an end to the practice of selling advertising to political parties around the pitch. I'd like to see St Mirren lead the way in this.

That advertising is not paid out of the pockets of the individuals concerned. They claim back the cost from the taxpayer and with the council budget, the Scottish budget and the UK budget all in deficit St Mirren should take a stance.

12 minutes ago, gc_SMFC said:

Quick thought about pay gates.

Would it not be possible to use a QR code on smart phones to replace tickets.

So someone could go onto the website buy their ticket and download it straight to their phone?

I think this is a decent idea but suspect the cost of the software/equipment could be considerable.

Yeah the problems is the equipment. Currently you have to insert the card into the bar code scanner. Mobile phones would have to become much thinner to make it work.

You could issue everyone with a card and allow them to buy their tickets online to put on the card....but then that doesn't solve the issue with regards to walk up fans.

As far back as 18 years ago I was involved in talks with a company that wanted to roll out a service where text messages could be sent to someone in a specific geographical area offering them cut price tickets for matches 30 minutes before kick off. The idea was they'd be able to phone to purchase their discounted ticket and theyd be sent a code they could type in at the turnstiles or give to a turnstile operator. The system was too clunky back then but you have to wonder why noone developed it for smartphones especially with the rise of Groupon, Itison , etc.

One thing I really would like to see would be an end to the practice of selling advertising to political parties around the pitch. I'd like to see St Mirren lead the way in this.

That advertising is not paid out of the pockets of the individuals concerned. They claim back the cost from the taxpayer and with the council budget, the Scottish budget and the UK budget all in deficit St Mirren should take a stance.

IMG_1469868646.500684.jpg.b0c8c62ce0cb06

Big Eddie must have read yer post Stu [emoji38] nice shiny new advertising board

23 minutes ago, ivansdad said:

Would like to see a change to the opposition shooting towards their own fans in second half.a half decent support always seems to give them a rise and it's almost as if they can suck the ball in.

In other words you want us to use a double headed coin at the toss to ensure we always win it :wacko: