Miles short

25 minutes ago, Meiksyboy said:

Struggled to beat a poor Ayr team and today outplayed by a team who will be fighting relegation

Seriously? We are not out of July and you are somehow predicting how we will fare based on early season performances?  Killie lost at home to the soaps so what does that tell you? Falkirk lost to Stirling Albion a week ago.  Bottom line, this about getting fitness and match sharpness plus bedding in a few new players.  FFS have some patience before a ball is kicked in earnest mate.  Can I remind you that we won the first two games and we will progress next week.

Edited by nedflanders123

26 minutes ago, Meiksyboy said:

Struggled to beat a poor Ayr team and today outplayed by a team who will be fighting relegation

Its pre season thats the bottom line. Its about fitness and trying things we were mid table in the championship last season today playing premier league opposition what were you expecting and i was also there against ayr. They will do ok this season stuffy hard to break down bottom line a win was a win we will win a few games this season probably 1 nil but those would have been games we would lose last season especially early on 

52 minutes ago, Meiksyboy said:

We will be lucky to make the playoffs with this squad, at least 3 players required

33 minutes ago, Meiksyboy said:

Seriously where do these people come from?

:lol:

Let's wind our necks in and calm down. 

Rewind 12 months when we were severely struggling to even match teams like Annan and Berwick in terms of possession and playing a horrible stand off type style. 

Were we poor today? Yes, undoubtedly. Did the pitch play it's part? I'd say so. Our lads looked hesitant and that's perhaps understandable given that artifical surfaces aren't kind to players who aren't used to them. 

We're 4 games into pre season. Day one against Morton is all that matters. Reaching the last 16 of the league cup is a welcome bonus and certainly won't make or break us.

One genuine criticism I would say though is that we have two other centre halves on the bench. One with a good amount of pedigree. Use them. 

35 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Didn't take long for the first knicker wetting thread to start :lol:

Yes , almost two years exactly to when the first knicker wetting thread appeared that season. We were eventually relegated yet you spent months defending the manager ? Remember ? :lol:

Certainly poor today, but so far in the league cup, we've come back from 2-1 down to win away from home, and stuck at it to break down a well organised team and win 1-0. Neither of which we would have managed to do last season.

I think progress is being made. I'm quite happy with the squad, glad Quinn won't be out long, and that there's 1 more to come in. I'm looking forward to the start of the season.

4 hours ago, Meiksyboy said:

We will be lucky to make the playoffs with this squad, at least 3 players required

Never had a bad day in the office.