SMISA Putting the club at risk

Having signed up to Buy the Buds I must say I am absolutely astounded at the lack of communication from SMISA to members of the scheme.

They have managed to collect the funds from my bank account, have found time for the photo shoots with bottles of champagne for the local press, got themselves in to the board room.....but can't be arsed to send a single email to the people paying for it all!

I initially thought there was a problem with my registration, as after signing up I didn't even receive an automated email to welcome me as a member. I sent an email through, waited two weeks and didn't receive a reply. I then sent a more strongly worded email which did receive a one sentence reply, although without any explanation as to why my previous communication at been ignored.

I was then quite surprised a few days ago when I logged on to Twitter to see the deal had been completed and the club purchased! Gordon Scott was happily giving interviews to the national press but again not even an email to the members who had put their money in. If I'm paying for it why should I need to get news on the takeover from the Daily Record?!

At the moment all I am seeing from this is that I'll be 25 quid per month poorer. I don't feel part of SMISA or the club at all, and certainly don't feel that "we" have bought the club. The support at the moment is just being used for their bank accounts.

Obviously it is early days and hopefully things improve. There may well be a lot of hard work going on behind the scenes but if SMISA don't learn to communicate properly it will all be for nothing. I would assume if things continue like this I won't be alone in cancelling my membership. The consequences of that would be quite grave for the club. Wake up SMISA and get a Communications Officer appointed asap!

I had a feeling you would appear to post something like that. You are as predictable as you are tedious.

The points in my original point are valid. The concerns about fan ownership are real, and the set up looks very concerning indeed.

5 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I had a feeling you would appear to post something like that. You are as predictable as you are tedious.

The points in my original point are valid. The concerns about fan ownership are real, and the set up looks very concerning indeed.

Putting the club at risk. :lol:

Absolute belter. :booty

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

Having signed up to Buy the Buds I must say I am absolutely astounded at the lack of communication from SMISA to members of the scheme.

They have managed to collect the funds from my bank account, have found time for the photo shoots with bottles of champagne for the local press, got themselves in to the board room.....but can't be arsed to send a single email to the people paying for it all!

I initially thought there was a problem with my registration, as after signing up I didn't even receive an automated email to welcome me as a member. I sent an email through, waited two weeks and didn't receive a reply. I then sent a more strongly worded email which did receive a one sentence reply, although without any explanation as to why my previous communication at been ignored.

I was then quite surprised a few days ago when I logged on to Twitter to see the deal had been completed and the club purchased! Gordon Scott was happily giving interviews to the national press but again not even an email to the members who had put their money in. If I'm paying for it why should I need to get news on the takeover from the Daily Record?!

At the moment all I am seeing from this is that I'll be 25 quid per month poorer. I don't feel part of SMISA or the club at all, and certainly don't feel that "we" have bought the club. The support at the moment is just being used for their bank accounts.

Obviously it is early days and hopefully things improve. There may well be a lot of hard work going on behind the scenes but if SMISA don't learn to communicate properly it will all be for nothing. I would assume if things continue like this I won't be alone in cancelling my membership. The consequences of that would be quite grave for the club. Wake up SMISA and get a Communications Officer appointed asap!

You need a huge St Mirren Community Hug. 

4 hours ago, Kemp said:

PM me your name and I will get youre contact details verified and checked.

5 hours ago, Kemp said:

As you might have noticed I don't have anything to say about this matter. Admin mistakes are a part of life.

Seeing as I'm on, though, I was down our local newsagent an hour or so back and we were chatting about football. I casually dropped into the conversation that I had become a part owner of a Scottish club. He seemed awfy surprised and asked me how much I owned. When I told him I reckoned it was about 0.001% he seemed a bit underwhelmed. I don't have a clue if that figure is a gross exaggeration or miles under.

I know of at least one other person who didn't receive the email, so suggested he contact SMiSA to get it sorted out. He did so, and sorted out it was. Simple as that.

The folks at SMiSA have been working hard at this in their own time for many months and with no personal return. This is uncharted territory for them, and as steep a learning curve as they are likely to encounter. The least the rest of us should be doing is cutting them some slack.

As demonstrated, just get in touch with them and presumably they'll happily sort out your issue. Starting a thread about it on here is potentially more damaging than a few minor omissions on the part of the team behind the bid.

I had been thinking the same thing, but I found that Gmail was putting my SMISA emails in the 'promotions' folder, so I wasn't seeing them in my main box. 

One thing I think I haven't had, and I could well be wrong, is an acknowledgement of what I actually paid for when the payment came out. Not a big deal, but might be something to consider moving forward.

1 minute ago, Drew said:

I know of at least one other person who didn't receive the email, so suggested he contact SMiSA to get it sorted out. He did so, and sorted out it was. Simple as that.

The folks at SMiSA have been working hard at this in their own time for many months and with no personal return. This is uncharted territory for them, and as steep a learning curve as they are likely to encounter. The least the rest of us should be doing is cutting them some slack.

As demonstrated, just get in touch with them and presumably they'll happily sort out your issue. Starting a thread about it on here is potentially more damaging than a few minor omissions on the part of the team behind the bid.

:thumbs2

2 minutes ago, bendan said:

I had been thinking the same thing, but I found that Gmail was putting my SMISA emails in the 'promotions' folder, so I wasn't seeing them in my main box. 

One thing I think I haven't had, and I could well be wrong, is an acknowledgement of what I actually paid for when the payment came out. Not a big deal, but might be something to consider moving forward.

£12 in total you have paid.

£10 towards Gordon's shares

£2 towards my Directors Tie and Free Sausage Rolls in the Boardroom for next weeks Match

Much obliged Dude :D

That was me, i sent them a email explaining the situation and that I hadn't received the email confirming the sale of the club and within 5-10 minutes they had replied and everything was sorted, just a genuine mix up with the mailing list.

It was all sorted within a number of minutes :)

6 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

That was me, i sent them a email explaining the situation and that I hadn't received the email confirming the sale of the club and within 5-10 minutes they had replied and everything was sorted, just a genuine mix up with the mailing list.

It was all sorted within a number of minutes :)

So, the club isn't at risk? :rolleyes:

Phew. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

The Club is not at risk if SMISA don't make payment. Only thing at risk is the speed or ability to buy more shares from Gordon.

Gordon as majority shareholder in the meantime has to shoulder the bulk of the responsibility for running and financing the club should it be required.

What i would like to know is as the money comes in monthly are shares bought from Gordon every month or in quarterly periods or is it a big bang at the end of 10 years.

What is the shareholders agreement between GLS and SMISA?