Kyle McAllister

TopCat

With young players its about getting the balance right , giving them the chance when their good enough , supporting them when they make mistakes , coaching them to get better , teaching them good habits , and allowing them to leave the club when the right offer comes along  , do all these things right , and other promising youngsters will continue to sign for the Saints

5 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

With young players its about getting the balance right , giving them the chance when their good enough , supporting them when they make mistakes , coaching them to get better , teaching them good habits , and allowing them to leave the club when the right offer comes along  , do all these things right , and other promising youngsters will continue to sign for the Saints

Agree 100%

Every player is different and needs to be coached / managed / advised differently.  I would not want my club to try and tie young players into overly long contracts which only seem to result in unhappy and under performing youngsters . Nor would i want my club to accept the first five figure cheque waved in their direction and see one of our youngsters head off somewhere and be bench fodder at best.

Its all about career progression. Ads you say, if we do the right thing it can only be good for Saints to gather more of these guys in the future.