Kyle McAllister

TopCat

To be honest, this surprises me. I've not seen a great deal of him, so have to wonder how a host of English clubs have, and have decided to rate him very highly.

Don't get me wrong, it's no bad thing, and I  haven't been to any U20 games recently, so perhaps this is where he has been watched. While we've got Morgan, I can't see the club resisting a reasonable offer if it includes a sell-on clause etc.

9 minutes ago, Drew said:

To be honest, this surprises me. I've not seen a great deal of him, so have to wonder how a host of English clubs have, and have decided to rate him very highly.

Don't get me wrong, it's no bad thing, and I  haven't been to any U20 games recently, so perhaps this is where he has been watched. While we've got Morgan, I can't see the club resisting a reasonable offer if it includes a sell-on clause etc.

He played in the U-17 Euros , so I'd imagine he attracted some attention there.

I haven't seen very much of him TBH, as his appearances have been pretty limited.

However, with that level of interest, I'd say he was definitely worth a million pounds.:rolleyes:

Especially if we can generate a bidding war.

Edited by FTOF

He did just turn 17 this year of course, it's hardly surprising he's not ready for regular first team football.

He's obviously got a huge amount of potential though. This has been recognised by Scotland and it now seems like he's attracted interest from some English teams.

Could be one of those that moves down south without ever really playing much for us, Falkirk have had a good few of them.

There was a boy who made his debut for Livingston when they thumped us on Boxing Day who was already attracting interest from down south despite only being 16. These clubs have scouts everywhere. I remember Kris Robertson was getting linked with English clubs before he'd even played for us. When he did, that soon put a stop to those rumours!

HITC is a dreadful site, the majority of their articles are "Rangers/Celtic player X had this to say on Twitter after Y happened". The Record is more believable. Flareybob is more believable. Hell, even I'm more believable! To prove my point, the article says scouts have been going to Love Street...

On the off chance it's true, I hope he's under contract or we get him on an extended deal like Dundee United did with Gauld before punting him for big bucks.

Edited by Stu

Big clubs will have guys keeping tracks on young players, they tend to take a punt on potential  - you're as likely to get money for an U20 player like McAllister who's maybe only played a few first team games than guys like McLean, McGinn and even Stevie Mallan who at 20-y-o is looking a bit long-in-the-tooth these days.

That's the crazy world of football! B)

2 hours ago, Drew said:

No sell on clause, just a straight cool £2 million:lol:

On ‎01‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 5:40 PM, Drew said:

because you personally haven't seen him play a lot, you are wondering how other clubs have?

seriously?

:lol:

55 minutes ago, nosferatu said:

because you personally haven't seen him play a lot, you are wondering how other clubs have?

seriously?

:lol:

A wee bit of selective editing there, Andy. You opted not to quote my second paragraph, I see. Hmm....

You lost your touch years ago, mate, many years ago. I would suggest that you try harder, but better all round if you chuck it altogether :(

• 3 months later...
On 8/1/2016 at 5:40 PM, Drew said:

The boy is doing well.

This boy is an outstanding talent.Find it difficult to comprehend he is only 17years old.Hope he is on an extended contract as we should be able to command a large fee for him in due course plus add ons.We need to copy Falkirk in this respect.Swansea have already had two former bairns in their first team this season.

3 hours ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

This boy is an outstanding talent.Find it difficult to comprehend he is only 17years old.Hope he is on an extended contract as we should be able to command a large fee for him in due course plus add ons.We need to copy Falkirk in this respect.Swansea have already had two former bairns in their first team this season.

I am in your camp Mid Calder.

On 21/11/2016 at 4:50 PM, Mid Calder Saint said:

For his age, he certainly doesn't look out of place.

This is where i feel the new board has the power to make improvement, when it comes to tying down our younger players and making sure within they terms we get some kind of financial reward through  sell-ons etc. The McGinn deal we have is very decent if he moves on, for a fee. This is where we should be looking first and foremost for the clubs biggest generator of cash.

I would like to see our youngsters play for many years in the stripes, though a vety good financial return for a tied down player is something we cannot knock.

• 2 weeks later...

He's a great talent, but we need to be careful with him. He certainly has the potential to go on to be a wonderful player, but I think the young guys need some experienced guys to help shoulder some of the responsibility.

I worry that if we don't have the older guys, the excitement and optimism surrounding the youngsters could soon turn to expectation and, before too long, pressure.

We want the best for these guys, and we'll get the best out of them, only, if they're playing with energy and enthusiasm and without fear or the weight of responsibility.

1 hour ago, Saint Garf said:

He's a great talent, but we need to be careful with him. He certainly has the potential to go on to be a wonderful player, but I think the young guys need some experienced guys to help shoulder some of the responsibility.

I worry that if we don't have the older guys, the excitement and optimism surrounding the youngsters could soon turn to expectation and, before too long, pressure.

We want the best for these guys, and we'll get the best out of them, only, if they're playing with energy and enthusiasm and without fear or the weight of responsibility.

You only have to look at John McGinn as soon as Gowser left and further again when McLean left.  He struggled to cope with the expectation.