1877 Club

div

I really like the new club and am proud to have been a founding member who helped get it built, however it's clear to me already that the membership structure isn't working.

Yesterday the place was less than half full and that was for the opening game of the season, a derby to boot.

There was less than 100 in there before the match, which is a crying shame. I'm certain that if it had been open to the public it would have been at capacity, bringing in more revenue and generating a far better atmosphere.

I'm not sure what the answer is but longer term I think the entrance structure is going to have to change.

On the venue itself hopefully get the TV system fixed for next game, and I'll donate some more games to the Kids Zone when I am next down as it needs a wee bit of TLC (according to my son!)

Some music might also help liven it up a bit but guess there may be licensing issues with that.

Not being negative here, I really enjoy the new club but there is definite room for improvement and opening it up a bit more IMO!

Sent from my iPhone using Black & White Army

1 hour ago, div said:

I really like the new club and am proud to have been a founding member who helped get it built, however it's clear to me already that the membership structure isn't working.

Yesterday the place was less than half full and that was for the opening game of the season, a derby to boot.

There was less than 100 in there before the match, which is a crying shame. I'm certain that if it had been open to the public it would have been at capacity, bringing in more revenue and generating a far better atmosphere.

I'm not sure what the answer is but longer term I think the entrance structure is going to have to change.

On the venue itself hopefully get the TV system fixed for next game, and I'll donate some more games to the Kids Zone when I am next down as it needs a wee bit of TLC (according to my son!)

Some music might also help liven it up a bit but guess there may be licensing issues with that.

Not being negative here, I really enjoy the new club but there is definite room for improvement and opening it up a bit more IMO!

I could not talk my mate into joining due to the cost of being a member. We reckon that giving our normal amount that we drink on a sat, it would have worked out about a fiver a pint for us :(

Those in charge should have done their homework. 

They should have checked out other Fan's Clubs throughout the Country and copied the highly successful ones. 

Too many smart asses who think they know it all. 

Hence the monstrosity of a Strip they gave us also. 

Just do the simple and logical thing. 

FFS 

It was a reasonable bet the current structure was going to fail.

At the outset there were many reasonable posters/supporters who pointed out the obvious flaws in the rigid structure.

Also there was a blunder in ignoring the fact it's a costly venture for the everyday fan who is already ploughing enough money into a club offering an average, at best, return.

The people concerned should show some class and revisit the present set up.

If you can't fill it up in a derby game it will never be cost effective and will die a slow and painful death.  

Myself and the wee yin were at the Stadium around 2pm. 

I wouldn't have minded jumping into the Club for half an hour. 

A reasonably priced coffee for me and maybe juice and sausage roll for  my daughter. 

Should be no entry fee. 

22 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

It was a reasonable bet the current structure was going to fail.

At the outset there were many reasonable posters/supporters who pointed out the obvious flaws in the rigid structure.

Also there was a blunder in ignoring the fact it's a costly venture for the everyday fan who is already ploughing enough money into a club offering an average, at best, return.

The people concerned should show some class and revisit the present set up.

If you can't fill it up in a derby game it will never be cost effective and will die a slow and painful death.  

Show some class :lol:

You get abused if you point out anything wrong to that organisation. 

Myself and the wee yin were at the Stadium around 2pm. 

I wouldn't have minded jumping into the Club for half an hour. 

A reasonably priced coffee for me and maybe juice and sausage roll for  my daughter. 

Should be no entry fee. 

I don't think there is anything wrong with an entry fee. A small £2 per person or something similar wouldn't be too much to pay.

To commemorate the 1987 success, the White Kit should have been the 3rd Strip. 

Just like the fabulous red and blue yin a few years ago. 

And just for the fans to wear, not the Team. 

1 minute ago, Hambud said:

I don't think there is anything wrong with an entry fee. A small £2 per person or something similar wouldn't be too much to pay.

2 pounds each is f**king ridiculous to get in, in order to buy a coffee and a cola for a child. 

Pay enough money to this sorry Club presently. 

The previous Board f**ked off and left us with a shitey strip and a Tannoy they couldn't be bothered fixing for years. 

Absolutely f**king laughable. 

No entry fee should be required.

Please give us money so you can come in and spend more money ?

Maybe Asda should have someone at the entrance collecting an entry fee ?

Thank you for coming in to spend your hard earned cash, but before 'we let you' can you pay us for the privilege ?

Sorry , buy you ticket or season ticket , the strip weeks or months after every other club , a pie a drink , a direct debit to 'buy us' oh and a separate entrance fee to spend more of your money ?

Someone got this one badly wrong

We would certainly go if there was an open door and no entry fee. We wont be going as long as there is.

Up to those in charge to pick what they want. A members only club with a fee at the door which is half full at best or a full club with an open door.

We would certainly go if there was an open door and no entry fee. We wont be going as long as there is.

Up to those in charge to pick what they want. A members only club with a fee at the door which is half full at best or a full club with an open door.

The club has actually only been open for 3 league games, so it's still very early days but my fear is that there will be games this season with 20 folk rattling about in there.

Doesn't do anyone any favours.

At the moment members can advise they aren't coming and that space can then be sold to a guest. Yesterday I took two guests in and it was £6 for each to get in, that's very expensive to get into a pub!

1 hour ago, bud84 said:

Give members their membership fees back, open it up to everyone.

Big problem there, the membership fees do not cover the costs so far, the club (i.e. everyone who pays to get in to games) have met the upfront cost of the 1877 bar and some the scratchcards money is an attempt to get that money back (incredible to expect non members to pay for this) i have been told that the sellout to sevco was another attempt to help pay for it and that it caused major upset among FC members (quite rightly), common sense tells you that it has to be opened up to anyone who wants to use its facilities because if it cannot be filled on the day of our first league game and derby game then something is wrong and the members fees will take ages to pay off this debt to the club (us)

we should include this in the £4k per month spending options of the new fan owners. From the £4k can we "subsidise" the prices/entry fee to entice people into leaving nearby pubs in favour of the 1877 club?- a pint for £2.50? can juice 50p? sausage rolls for Shull at £1?[£2.40 for 4 in greggs].......we`d initially make less profit but potentially in longer term generate more turnover with fav prices leading to more profit...........

34 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

No entry fee should be required.

Please give us money so you can come in and spend more money ?

Maybe Asda should have someone at the entrance collecting an entry fee ?

Thank you for coming in to spend your hard earned cash, but before 'we let you' can you pay us for the privilege ?

Sorry , buy you ticket or season ticket , the strip weeks or months after every other club , a pie a drink , a direct debit to 'buy us' oh and a separate entrance fee to spend more of your money ?

Someone got this one badly wrong

Please don't confuse this bar and it's ridiculous costs to fans who cannot even get in to it, as having anything to do with the supporters buyout, it was hastily arranged and opened far too early, on one day last year SMiSA announced plans for a supporters buyout, days later the FC announced details of how to join the 1877 bar club - coincidence ? no, let's get this started before people decide to use their money to back the buyout - yes. We are all paying for this bar but only a few can use it, if it's so empty on a match day like yesterday then i suspect membership has fallen off and the members will take even longer to pay back the money we (unknowingly) gave them to open it, how much shelf life is there in bottled beers and draught beers ? if their stock is not selling then that's a potential loss, and your pint in there is is increasingly more expensive.

18 minutes ago, car-d bud said:

we should include this in the £4k per month spending options of the new fan owners. From the £4k can we "subsidise" the prices/entry fee to entice people into leaving nearby pubs in favour of the 1877 club?- a pint for £2.50? can juice 50p? sausage rolls for Shull at £1?[£2.40 for 4 in greggs].......we`d initially make less profit but potentially in longer term generate more turnover with fav prices leading to more profit...........

I would suspect that this club has an agreement in place with SMFC which prevents your innovative ideas being put into practice, mainly "if your not a member you cannot get in, unless a member invites you and you pay for a drink and entrance fee before you can get in" it's a poorly thought out plan and those who implemented such a plan should be ashamed - but i doubt they will be.

I will add that i do not blame the rank and file FC members for this plan, i blame the previous board and their cohorts.

Edited by buddiecat
further explanation

Really don't want this to be a SMiSA vs Fans Council thing or a Fans Council beating.

The club is brilliant, and the FC deserve a lot of credit for getting it built IMO.

Hopefully the setup can be tweaked so more people can benefit from using the facility.

I signed up for the supporters club to help set up some sort of supporters bar. I wasn't really expecting the current format to work particularly smoothly, but I understood why certain things had to be in place. I hoped for a reduction in the guest admission fee, in particular.

I paid up front for a year and I don't want any money back. The way I see it, I've helped in a small way to set up something that hopefully in future can be used by a wider audience.

Myself and two others would probably have been there yesterday, but circumstances transpired that we couldn't. Hopefully we'll be able to make it before and after the Hibs game.

I would hope that the supporters club with respect to both its current and future situation, is one of the many matters that will be addressed by the new set up. Might be worth finding out the business plans relating to other clubs with successful supporters clubs, if they haven't done so already.

As Div says, this must not turn into a blamefest.

Edited by FTOF

1 hour ago, shull said:

To commemorate the 1987 success, the White Kit should have been the 3rd Strip. 

Just like the fabulous red and blue yin a few years ago. 

And just for the fans to wear, not the Team. 

Could you post a picture of the white Saint Mirren strip because I haven't seen one thus far?

Edited by stlucifer