1877 Club

div

29 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Free soup really isn't enough to entice me into the club after every St Mirren home game. How about free grief counseling?

One of the members he goes by the name "elvis" he does it free of charge after the game. 

13 minutes ago, civilsaint said:

Wait a minute, I didn't object to you having an opinion. I specifically object to your accusation that I was fabricating things, which the evidence refutes.

As for "the only thing that has changed", the e-mail extracts demonstrates that for a period non-members could walk up, then for a period non-members could not walk up. Clearly more has changed than you are willing to accept.

I'm not out to slate the club or those involved. I want to be constructive to to move forward people need to accept the lessons which have been learned.

Non-Members have never been able to just walk up to the door and get in before a game. Ever. That's a fact. Always had to pre-book as a guest of a member but I think there was one game where they could pre-book without a member so maybe that's your 4th iteration.

Non-Members can now, and this has only very recently happened, walk up to the bar after a game and wander in.

I get that it's been a bit confusing. What has happend in the past is really whataboutery to be fair.

At the moment the situation is;

Members pay £10 a month, juniors pay £5 a month. They can rock up anytime, any match.
New members can join for £50 one off fee (plus the standard monthly fee as above)
Members can pre-book guests, who can attend pre-match for £3 entry at the door.
The club is open to everyone, members, non-members after the game. No charge. Free soup.

5 minutes ago, div said:

Non-Members have never been able to just walk up to the door and get in before a game. Ever. That's a fact.

Non-Members can now, and this has only very recently happened, walk up to the bar after a game and wander in.

I get that it's been a bit confusing. What has happend in the past is really whataboutery to be fair.

At the moment the situation is;

Members pay £10 a month, juniors pay £5 a month. They can rock up anytime, any match.
New members can join for £50 one off fee (plus the standard monthly fee as above)
Members can pre-book guests, who can attend pre-match for £3 entry at the door.
The club is open to everyone, members, non-members after the game. No charge. Free soup.

The whole access thing has been "confusing" as you now accept, which was the point I was making in my original post. Nothing more. 

Simplicity, simplicity, simplicity.

I also didn't realise new members had to pay a £50 joining fee. Ouch.

4 hours ago, div said:

Yeah I did not realise that new members are being asked to stump up a joining fee of £50. That's fairly ludicrous in my opinion!

So...forgive me. Are you aplogising for correcting me when I mentioned this earlier?

The  number of iterations don't worry me but people who have already joined should,  in my opinion, be consulted rather than informed..otherwise what is the benefit (other than the pleasure of helping the club) of being a founder member? 

For the record, I am very much in favour of widening membership but not to the stage where it is open to all without registering as a member and paying a fee, however small.

I like the club. I have taken a number of guests to the club and will take others but since I live around 50 miles from Paisley I need to know that there will be space for myself and my guests.

Prices seem very reasonable to me.

28 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

So...forgive me. Are you aplogising for correcting me when I mentioned this earlier?

The  number of iterations don't worry me but people who have already joined should,  in my opinion, be consulted rather than informed..otherwise what is the benefit (other than the pleasure of helping the club) of being a founder member? 

For the record, I am very much in favour of widening membership but not to the stage where it is open to all without registering as a member and paying a fee, however small.

I like the club. I have taken a number of guests to the club and will take others but since I live around 50 miles from Paisley I need to know that there will be space for myself and my guests.

Prices seem very reasonable to me.

Yes, I was not aware that there was still a joining fee. That is absolutely bonkers in my opinion!

I genuinely can't understand why you think members should be consulted about anything. They pay their money and it's up to them individually whether or not they think they are getting value from it. If I am a member of a gym they don't ask me if it's ok for them to put the membership prices up. This isn't any different.

Yes, I was not aware that there was still a joining fee. That is absolutely bonkers in my opinion!
I genuinely can't understand why you think members should be consulted about anything. They pay their money and it's up to them individually whether or not they think they are getting value from it. If I am a member of a gym they don't ask me if it's ok for them to put the membership prices up. This isn't any different.

In fairness, there was talk of a committee being formed from the membership and discussion on events and extending opening time. That appears to have disappeared, suppose you can hardly have another committee when you already have a board, SMISA, Fan Council etc.

9 minutes ago, TsuMirren said:

In fairness, there was talk of a committee being formed from the membership and discussion on events and extending opening time. That appears to have disappeared, suppose you can hardly have another committee when you already have a board, SMISA, Fan Council etc.

Commenting on this post, rather than the private members club if thats ok Div???

one committee, with groups looking after each facet would be much better than Fans Council, 1877 club and Smisa imo.

10 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Commenting on this post, rather than the private members club if thats ok Div???

one committee, with groups looking after each facet would be much better than Fans Council, 1877 club and Smisa imo.

I can see some merit in this although forming one committee from what's existing would be quite interesting.............any ideas on how to take that process forward as there may be SMiSA members that aren't members of 1877 Club and vice-versa?

3 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

I can see some merit in this although forming one committee from what's existing would be quite interesting.............any ideas on how to take that process forward as there may be SMiSA members that aren't members of 1877 Club and vice-versa?

One fan body, lets for arguements sake call it 'The Body' is the parent organisation, and has committees to run 1877 club etc.

you wouldnt need to be a member of each, but you would have to be a member of 'The Body' if you wanted to take full part in its democratic process. Much like a ST holder can attend meetings held by the club, and FC but has to be a shareholder to vote at the AGM, or member of FC to vote on its issues.

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

One fan body, lets for arguements sake call it 'The Body' is the parent organisation, and has committees to run 1877 club etc.

you wouldnt need to be a member of each, but you would have to be a member of 'The Body' if you wanted to take full part in its democratic process. Much like a ST holder can attend meetings held by the club, and FC but has to be a shareholder to vote at the AGM, or member of FC to vote on its issues.

And obviously each individual orginisation would have to ballot its members to see if they wished to amalgamate, or not?

1 hour ago, div said:

I'm a member of a golf club and we are consulted when the committee plan to make significant changes that affect the membership. Clearly, if the committee at the golf club want to plant some new bushes at a tee, or change the bar menu, we aren't consulted. However, if they plan to re-shape a hole or extend a Par 4 to become a Par 5 - they don't just crack on and do it.

I'm not a member of the 1877 Club, but if I were, and was one of the founders who ponied up to see the place be created in the first place, I'd want consulted on anything that was important - and changes to membership conditions such as admitting non-members post-match FOC, and any future changes to perhaps allow non-members in pre-match too is certainly something I would want to be consulted on if I were a member.

If someone wanted to replace a framed photo of Dougie Somner with one of Frank McAvennie, not so much.

47 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I totally agree. There, I said it.

11 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I'm a member of a golf club and we are consulted when the committee plan to make significant changes that affect the membership. Clearly, if the committee at the golf club want to plant some new bushes at a tee, or change the bar menu, we aren't consulted. However, if they plan to re-shape a hole or extend a Par 4 to become a Par 5 - they don't just crack on and do it.

I'm not a member of the 1877 Club, but if I were, and was one of the founders who ponied up to see the place be created in the first place, I'd want consulted on anything that was important - and changes to membership conditions such as admitting non-members post-match FOC, and any future changes to perhaps allow non-members in pre-match too is certainly something I would want to be consulted on if I were a member.

If someone wanted to replace a framed photo of Dougie Somner with one of Frank McAvennie, not so much.

Aye, fair enough mate. I've been in the place after the game and there have been less than 20 people in it so I'm not really convinced the after match stuff is really that big a deal.

It was far more controversial IMO to lower the guest entry to £3 as in a two game month my sponging mates can get me to sign them in for the grand total of £6 whereas I've spent £10!

At the end of the day I don't really care, as I want the place to be busy. If they dropped the membership fee completely I would be absolutely fine with that, but I still don't see how the numbers would stack up in that event with a capacity of 223.

1 minute ago, div said:

Aye, fair enough mate. I've been in the place after the game and there have been less than 20 people in it so I'm not really convinced the after match stuff is really that big a deal.

It was far more controversial to lower the guest entry to £3 as in a two game month my sponging mates can get me to sign them in for the grand total of £6 whereas I've spent £10!

Aye, but you've got the warm fuzzy glow that comes from being a member... I could have re-phrased that. :P

42 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Removing the framed Dougie Somner photo would be a red line issue for me.

I totally agree. There, I said it.

All much easier to do in 10 years time. As it stands...and this isn't going to be popular, but scew it...there are arguments for and against having a fans council when SMISA is now pushing towards full control. Likewise, SMISA don't have the keys yet so there's obvious arguments about them not running certain things. All very splintered and convoluted. It needs everyone in the room and the discussions to begin, but I think those in the various groups know that.

2 hours ago, div said:

Forgive me.

Am I right that the Club is A club which is part of a Community Interest Company?

If so then the very basis for its existence depends upon the Members and How they Feel/Vote.

This is Very, Very Different.

I think that may be part of the problem regarding reaching a common understanding of how CIC's operate.

But - Div - I know you mean well and am not patronising you in saying so.

6 minutes ago, TsuMirren said:

All much easier to do in 10 years time. As it stands...and this isn't going to be popular, but scew it...there are arguments for and against having a fans council when SMISA is now pushing towards full control. Likewise, SMISA don't have the keys yet so there's obvious arguments about them not running certain things. All very splintered and convoluted. It needs everyone in the room and the discussions to begin, but I think those in the various groups know that.

Absolutely - So lets acknowledge that and move things on rather than doing a King Canute act.

Forgive me.
Am I right that the Club is A club which is part of a Community Interest Company?
If so then the very basis for its existence depends upon the Members and How they Feel/Vote.
This is Very, Very Different.
I think that may be part of the problem regarding reaching a common understanding of how CIC's operate.
But - Div - I know you mean well and am not patronising you in saying so.

The bar is part of St.Mirren Football Club which is a Ltd company. No CIC involved.

3 minutes ago, div said:

The bar is part of St.Mirren Football Club which is a Ltd company. No CIC involved.

Ah

Really?

Very interesting - I was on your side till you posted this. Need to think about this.

So why is it run by a Fans Group?

You do know that a Ltd Company can be a CIC or Vice Versa?

Curiouser and Curiouser.

Edited by St.Ricky

21 minutes ago, shull said:

It is all very complicated and my head is hurting. 

Cannae wait for the Football ramorra. 

COSMFC 

My head is usually hurting after visiting the club, typically yours is hurting at the thought of it.

Supporters Club Bus Service

We have identified the lack of public transport near the stadium to get back to the town centre after games and we want to encourage more use of our supporters club post match.

As a result we are piloting a new private bus service starting at Saturday's Queen of the South match.

We are financing this ourselves to provide this service for free to members and their guests. It's our way of testing the demand for the service with a view to getting a local restaurant or bar to sponsor the bus in future. 

The bus provided by local firm Colchri bus hire will leave from the supporters club at 6pm and then return for a final pick up at 6-30 pm when the supporter club closes.

It will stop at St.Mirren supporting bar Sapporito's, at Paisley Town centre near both Gilmour St railway station and the taxi rank for onward transportation home.Of course you will get a warm welcome from Sapporito's if you want another drink before heading home.

The benefit to the club is we are encouraging longer use of the club post match and making sure our supporters are transported safely and efficiently ready for their onward  journey home.

We hope you will support us in this venture and look forward to any comments.Its provided FREE and saves the cost and time waiting on a taxi outside the stadium.

Best wishes

Alan Wardrop
SMFC

13 minutes ago, Kendo said:

Supporters Club Bus Service

We have identified the lack of public transport near the stadium to get back to the town centre after games and we want to encourage more use of our supporters club post match.

As a result we are piloting a new private bus service starting at Saturday's Queen of the South match.

We are financing this ourselves to provide this service for free to members and their guests. It's our way of testing the demand for the service with a view to getting a local restaurant or bar to sponsor the bus in future. 

The bus provided by local firm Colchri bus hire will leave from the supporters club at 6pm and then return for a final pick up at 6-30 pm when the supporter club closes.

It will stop at St.Mirren supporting bar Sapporito's, at Paisley Town centre near both Gilmour St railway station and the taxi rank for onward transportation home.Of course you will get a warm welcome from Sapporito's if you want another drink before heading home.

The benefit to the club is we are encouraging longer use of the club post match and making sure our supporters are transported safely and efficiently ready for their onward  journey home.

We hope you will support us in this venture and look forward to any comments.Its provided FREE and saves the cost and time waiting on a taxi outside the stadium.

Best wishes

Alan Wardrop
SMFC

Alright I will say it , Why not get Sapporitos to sponsor it since the bus drops off right at their door.

Edited by linwood buddie