1877 Club

div

On ‎03‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 10:34 PM, Kendo said:

Some interesting information below.

Saints v Dumbarton 

Cometh the hour cometh the man and boy did our lads stand up to the challenge and pressure of Saturday's game with an emphatic win against our nearest league rivals Ayr Utd with a huge 6-2 win.

It was'nt just the result but the quality of our play which blew away the opposition and reminded fans of my generation of The Fergie era ... it really was that good.

It brings us within one point of Ayr Utd and within three points of Raith Rovers.

The only disappointment was the injury to Lewis Morgan.

Saturday's result draws us ever closer to Ayr Utd and a victory on Saturday could finally see us start to climb the table.

Former League Cup winning Manager Danny Lennon visited our club to read out the teams pre match and share his support for our league campaign. 

We have the momentum and we look forward to Saturday's game with Dumbarton knowing we are the in form team with 6 wins out of our last 8 games in the league.

Doors open at 12-00 pm on Saturdayand we will be showing the Spurs v Watford match on Sky Sports which has a 12-30pm kick off. Some members have asked if we still have BT Sport but we had to give this up after a £500 per month fee was introduced.

As usual members guests need to be booked in by emailing [email protected]

The earlier you can e mail your guests the better as last Saturday was our highest Supporters Club attendance to date and we drank the bar dry of 3 kegs of Fosters , double our normal. Good effort and we know we need to order more in future. We have also added Corona bottled beer to our range of drinks.

I think at this point I should share more information on our club having been asked a number of questions at Saturday's game.

We currently have the highest number of members since the club opened a year ago and there is room for more so please pass the word to continue to grow our club.

The club generates £22,000 in membership fee's, £8,000 profit  from bar sales and £2,000 from guest fee's.For the avoidance of doubt the club has no debt and the revenue generated now provides enough new income to cover the cost of one additional player for next season.

New membership cards have been ordered and will be issued later this month. We will advise you when they are available for collection.

The " Buddy Bus " will operate on Saturday as previously stated until the end of the season on Saturday match day's from 5-30 pm, 6 pm and lastly at 6-30 pm.

Our support is getting bigger and noisier with 4,620 in attendance on Saturday singing to the beat of the drum.

The Saints are ready to begin the March up the league.

Come on Ye Saints !

Alan Wardrop
SMFC

2 hours ago, irvine_buddie said:

What time does the 1877 club open tomorrow?

Anything else? :rolleyes:

Seems scrolling back a page is far too difficult for some. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

On ‎14‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 11:24 AM, div said:

The 1877 bar is free and open to non-members after every game.

14 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Can I still attend as a non-Menber after today's game as I wish to bring a friend who rarely attends games and show off the 1877 Club?

See above from Div mate, I've not seen nothing to suggest things have changed since he posted this.

If they turn you away don't blame me. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

If you can still attend free, as a non member after this Saturdays game i must give it a go. Couple of pints then train from St James' to Glasgow in time for the 18:45 from Queen St. Don't fancy heading straight to Glasgow and having to suffer drunken old firm fans. Will also save walking into Paisley for a pint elsewhere.

If you can still attend free, as a non member after this Saturdays game i must give it a go. Couple of pints then train from St James' to Glasgow in time for the 18:45 from Queen St. Don't fancy heading straight to Glasgow and having to suffer drunken old firm fans. Will also save walking into Paisley for a pint elsewhere.

As far as I'm aware it's open to all after the game as usual on Saturday. Believe it's very close to a sell out pre-match if not already completely full.

Cheers Div. If you hear anything to the contrary about after the game give me a shout.

Alan has confirmed that the bar is open and free to all supporters AFTER the game (subject to capacity).

He also said pre-match is pretty much full.

Some of the players are coming in after the game as the 1877 club are doing their player of the year presentations tomorrow.

See you there!

Just now, div said:

Alan has confirmed that the bar is open and free to all supporters AFTER the game (subject to capacity).

He also said pre-match is pretty much full.

Some of the players are coming in after the game as the 1877 club are doing their player of the year presentations tomorrow.

See you there!

You could do a periscope and I can join in after watching St MIrren TV? :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...