1877 Club

div

I'm coming through for the match on Sunday and will probably pop into the club for a beer or three after the match. On previous occasions I have have seen complimentary buses (Shull Posts) were operating from the club taking fans back to the town centre. Will this service be running on Sunday or am I better just leaving at full time with my designated driver and going into town for said pints.   :guinness

I'm coming through for the match on Sunday and will probably pop into the club for a beer or three after the match. On previous occasions I have have seen complimentary buses (Shull Posts) were operating from the club taking fans back to the town centre. Will this service be running on Sunday or am I better just leaving at full time with my designated driver and going into town for said pints.   :guinness

Haven't seen the happy bus mentioned. Doubt they will run it on a Sunday night bud.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The bus that takes fans back to the town centre seem a waste of money. 3 times I see it leave tonight with only a handful of people on it each time. Maybe it was worth trying but I reckon shull doing a shuttle service would be cheaper than a big single decker bus :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, renfrew said:

The bus that takes fans back to the town centre seem a waste of money. 3 times I see it leave tonight with only a handful of people on it each time. Maybe it was worth trying but I reckon shull doing a shuttle service would be cheaper than a big single decker bus :rolleyes:

So they actually hire a bus to do the run?Surely we have a mini bus that could be used or,as our resident old man says,use taxis.Would be cheaper to book a 8 seater for an hour then hire a coach.

1 minute ago, HSS said:

So they actually hire a bus to do the run?Surely we have a mini bus that could be used or,as our resident old man says,use taxis.Would be cheaper to book a 8 seater for an hour then hire a coach.

Yip a full size single decker bus :lol:   Oh and fair due to the manager who came into the bar and gave a wee speech. Since I am deaf don't ask me what he was saying but he did get a good round of applause at the end of his speech. BTW, the old man patter is getting boring specky :P

31 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Yip a full size single decker bus :lol:   Oh and fair due to the manager who came into the bar and gave a wee speech. Since I am deaf don't ask me what he was saying but he did get a good round of applause at the end of his speech. BTW, the old man patter is getting boring specky :P

AULD GIT !!!! :lol:

38 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Reported for speckism.......:nerdy

Maybe we could use one of the minibuses from the now defunct airport parking company. Just sitting in the car park doing nothing, might as well get used.

I thought the plan with the bus was to have it sponsored by a town centre bar, so basically the club would drop off punters at their door and they would foot the bill for the transport.

Not entirely sure but that's how I assumed it worked.

57 minutes ago, div said:

I thought the plan with the bus was to have it sponsored by a town centre bar, so basically the club would drop off punters at their door and they would foot the bill for the transport.

Not entirely sure but that's how I assumed it worked.

Div , The 64 runs past the main entrance on match days , need to get on to McGills.

Guest TPAFKATS

I nipped in for a quick drink post match on Saturday. After the manager's speech we checked the train times - 12 & 40 something past the hour.
Managed to catch the 12 minutes past 5, in Paisley for quarter past 5.
No ticket check either.

Free train much quicker than free bus :-)

6 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

About this bus into town centre. Can anyone answer, is it a regular thing ? Is it free to use ? & If so who actually pays for it ?

It's been a trial that has run the last 3 or 4 Saturday games.

It's free to use.

No idea who has paid for it.