Jump to content

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, Kendo said:

I can't for the life of me understand the bickering in this thread. A proposal was put forward to have a fans bar, 200 signed up generating circa 24k per annum in membership fees.

Another proposal to buy out the club was put forward by SMISA. Once again this was very successful. 

Both ventures should be applauded and held up as excellent examples of what we as St Mirren fans can achieve. 

Although sceptical of both ventures I signed up for both of them and would love for both to succeed. Surely the way forward is for us all to work together to make things work out.

As far as I can see both have been a big success with a bigger membership take up than many thought possible. There is no room for divisions from fans in our small club especially as in 10 years the fans will own the club.

 

Didnae know you were a member of the Saints Bevvy Club. 

It will be thriving in no time 

GO FOR IT JAKEY. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Drew said:

4 of us, standing at the Buddie Good Food Van, a coffee at £1.20 each. Okay, I wouldn't bother with the maths for that one:toilet

Normally I'd have been at the Buddie Good Food van with you, but was down South. That's another coffee and a four-finger Kit Kat... do the math.

On a more serious and less wet-knicker-note, meeting at the van is what we do. Meeting at the Wee Barrel is what we used to do. What I WOULD have done, was to meet you in the club supporters bar, had it been of the Dumbarton FC or Livingston FC nature, and not of a nature I personally disagreed with from day one. That's simply my view, no-one else need give much of a flying F for my view. I am clear that the club, the outgoing BoD, were not interested. In either kitting out the void seven years, or one year ago, nor indeed in the HoF panels. So please, I get their dis-interest.

Anyway... Gie's a midfield. Sorry, signing. No, hold on, got it right the first time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I don't think it is a case of complaining, Gary. Its more about people being concerned that the facility won't be viable, and suggesting possible ways round this.

A few of us stood with a coffee outside, across from the Main Stand, as the rain started to fall at the back of 2 on Saturday.  I had just commented that Div had Tweeted that the bar area was half empty. Seemed like a wasted opportunity. That's not a complaint, just a well intended observation.


Was just letting people know if they had any complaint he's the guy to complain to that's all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smisa members own 29% of the club and therfor hold the right to hold the club and board accountable on its business decisions. 



Why not ask the board if the recent dance sessions in the members bar were a charged let then? I'm a founder member and didn't get asked about the use of the space I've contributed towards.

As for holding anyone accountable, even a shareholder with one share has that right.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Black & White Army mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the talk about subscriptions covering the cost really isn't the issue.

The place is not busy, almost certainly won't be busy on match days and whether it's rented out or not on other occasions doesn't disguise the fact it's letting the support down and also failing to cash in on the income from any away support like last Saturday.

It should be blatantly obvious to whoever is in charge that a change in the current set up would be yo everyone's advantage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

All the talk about subscriptions covering the cost really isn't the issue.

The place is not busy, almost certainly won't be busy on match days and whether it's rented out or not on other occasions doesn't disguise the fact it's letting the support down and also failing to cash in on the income from any away support like last Saturday.

It should be blatantly obvious to whoever is in charge that a change in the current set up would be yo everyone's advantage.

Thank you Richard Branson. :)

Love yir Pickle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would an option be to open the club to non-members, with no entry charge applying to anyone, but members receive either first drink free or, say, a25% discount on all their drinks.  As a non-member,   I'd happily pay a reasonable premium on bar purchases to offset any costs incurred in such a scheme.
Not so sure about an at the door charge, if, as would most often be the case on account of driving, I would just be buying a coffee. That said, the availability of this bar at the ground would make me more likely to occasionally leave the motor at home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Drew said:

Would an option be to open the club to non-members, with no entry charge applying to anyone, but members receive either first drink free or, say, a25% discount on all their drinks.  As a non-member,   I'd happily pay a reasonable premium on bar purchases to offset any costs incurred in such a scheme.
Not so sure about an at the door charge, if, as would most often be the case on account of driving, I would just be buying a coffee. That said, the availability of this bar at the ground would make me more likely to occasionally leave the motor at home.

I think you have the start of a good idea. The issue is how do you control the numbers and ensure that members can gain entry? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Kendo said:

I think you have the start of a good idea. The issue is how do you control the numbers and ensure that members can gain entry? 

 

Aye, hadn't given that thought (members issue).

To control numbers, just permit folk up to a certain capacity. One option to gate-keep space for members would be to request pre-booking (easily done using apps I'd have thought). If members not opted in by certain time, it's a free for all. A bit like what happens with ST renewals on a micro-scale.  So, a deadline for people to ensure they have a slot. Isn't that how it was worked when the marquee affair was set up in the car park? That seemed popular enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kendo said:

I think you have the start of a good idea. The issue is how do you control the numbers and ensure that members can gain entry? 

 

I think there might be conditions attached to the license for the premises that complicate matters but perhaps not.

At the moment the default is that they assume all members will be coming and you can advise if you aren't going to make it along so that they can sell your space to another members guest. The other member then needs to register the fact that they are bringing a guest.

It's all a bit unwieldy and overly complicated IMHO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, div said:

I think there might be conditions attached to the license for the premises that complicate matters but perhaps not.

At the moment the default is that they assume all members will be coming and you can advise if you aren't going to make it along so that they can sell your space to another members guest. The other member then needs to register the fact that they are bringing a guest.

It's all a bit unwieldy and overly complicated IMHO.

A proactive opt-in, as I've suggested above (rather than out) makes more sense, no?

Edited by Drew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×