Stephen Mallan and Dundee

div

It looks like Dundee are set to sell Greg Stewart to Birmingham City for £500K up front. This on the back of the Kane Hemmings deal which netted them £250K a couple of weeks ago.

The Stewart move was originally reported to be off but now been confirmed as being close to going through.

I expect Dundee will return with an improved offer for Mallan once this happens.

Don't shoot the messenger, but they really like him and this will give them a wee bit more klout.

Could be an early tester for the new board!

21 minutes ago, div said:

oIt looks like Dundee are set to sell Greg Stewart to Birmingham City for £500K up front. This on the back of the Kane Hemmings deal which netted them £250K a couple of weeks ago.

The Stewart move was originally reported to be off but now been confirmed as being close to going through.

I expect Dundee will return with an improved offer for Mallan once this happens.

Don't shoot the messenger, but they really like him and this will give them a wee bit more klout.

Could be an early tester for the new board!

If he going to go he might as well go now and let us bring in another one or two too strengthen the squad.

Edited by linwood buddie

2 hours ago, rabuddies said:

I've heard he's holding out because of possible interest from the blue bigots - his first club (and love?).

His Dad, who I believe has quite an influence over him, is very keen for him to stay and develop with us, at least for the time being........his agent, if he has one, may be different of course!!

2 hours ago, Dalrybud said:

TBH, I think it would be a good move for Mallan. A step back up to the top flight and, hopefully, a decent amount of cash to be used in replacing him.

Our top scorer and one of the very few players with a couple of years on his contract? Madness for us to sell him to Dundee for what £200k? And where at this point in the transfer window do we find a couple of half decent mid-fielders that we can sign for more than a year? And madness for him as its not exactly a great jump in class.

Hold on to him, get at least another season out of him, and promotion, unless a silly bid comes in from down souff.

1 hour ago, scabbydug37 said:

After reading 'A Taxi for Farrell', I wonder if Alex and Dave would be happy if Mallan went to Dundee! I know it will have nothing to do with them in the long run, but that decision will be made by the new BOD.

Every player has his price of course, but I'd expect the management team to be consulted over any possibility of a player being sold.

At the end of the day the board would make the final call but I'd like to think that Rae & Faz would have some input.

Mallan on his day is a fabulous asset to have, I hope he doesn't go anywhere. It's true he isn't playing particularly well right now but he's still young and young players have form dips, mind John McGinn's last season!?

3 hours ago, Sonny said:

Our top scorer and one of the very few players with a couple of years on his contract? Madness for us to sell him to Dundee for what £200k? And where at this point in the transfer window do we find a couple of half decent mid-fielders that we can sign for more than a year? And madness for him as its not exactly a great jump in class.

Hold on to him, get at least another season out of him, and promotion, unless a silly bid comes in from down souff.

Last seasons top scorer.

7 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

It would be madness to let him go when he is on a 2 year deal there is always next summer. We don't have money problems unless of course Alex Rae thinks he can bring in someone.

It all depends on the offer.

Who knows what form he will have in the next season and we're not in a position to knock back a decent offer.

14 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Harkins is signing for Ayr Utd I think (according to local gossip)

I was thinking more about the berth he leaves vacant .

ETA - aye, 2 year deal with Ayr

Edited by Drew
Update

6 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Even with the half million sale of Stewart I don't think Dundee will offer enough to make any deal for Mallan acceptable. We have to be looking for far more than they can afford.

They have brought in £750K in a fortnight. If they want to spend, I can see Saints considering an offer.

17 minutes ago, Drew said:

They have brought in £750K in a fortnight. If they want to spend, I can see Saints considering an offer.

I can't see them parting with the lot for Stevie so I still think their valuation will be well short of what our expectations should be.