The Sunderland A-Z Thread & Edinburgh Zoo

Why has the Tannoy System not been fixed?

With us being a so called Professional Football Club....

It is a total embarrassment.

Get it sorted.

And the Strips and the Team wearing them are shite also. 

Edited by shull

2 hours ago, shull said:

Get it sorted.

Agreed on the tannoy. Totally pointless having live music if a huge chunk of folk can't hear it.

3 hours ago, shull said:

Get it sorted.

The car parking issue needs fixed too if what my son told me today is true. He said that cars parking on the single yellow lines outside the stadium were being issued with parking tickets. Now I know it's always been the risk. I noticed it when the stadium opened that many of the streets around the ground had a prohibition banning parking on match days and I have noticed ever since that fans have been parking there regardless. However if the council are now enforcing their parking restrictions with tickets the club car park attendants are going to have to offer far better advice to cars turning up late to the stadium then to try "Asda Linwood" for a legal parking space, especially when there are many other legal options available much closer to the ground. 

Edited by Stuart Dickson

50 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

The car parking issue needs fixed too if what my son told me today is true. He said that cars parking on the single yellow lines outside the stadium were being issued with parking tickets. Now I know it's always been the risk. I noticed it when the stadium opened that many of the streets around the ground had a prohibition banning parking on match days and I have noticed ever since that fans have been parking there regardless. However if the council are now enforcing their parking restrictions with tickets the club car park attendants are going to have to offer far better advice to cars turning up late to the stadium then to try "Asda Linwood" for a legal parking space, especially when there are many other legal options available much closer to the ground. 

Give it a rest ya f**kin clown .So cars getting parking tickets on public roads is something the club need to fix ???  You really are a grade A f**kin loonball

8 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Give it a rest ya f**kin clown .So cars getting parking tickets on public roads is something the club need to fix ???  You really are a grade A f**kin loonball

Oh dear

29 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Aye they need to get it fixed. 

FFS, if you own a shop and the council stops people from parking outside it, it damages your business. If you've got a football club and the council ban people from parking near the stadium you'd better find an option for your customers to park at or else you're going to lose business - especially when you've already closed your own car park to anyone not holding a permit. And yes the club needs to sort out it's customer service and the way it puts out information on where to park. Other clubs do it easily. If it's true that the clubs advice today was to try the Asda car park then that is a f**king joke! 

8 minutes ago, shull said:

St Mirren are really pretty hopeless at everything presently.

Yeah they are Shull. I used to blame the previous owners but it seems to be getting worse rather than getting better and the attitude of some of those who align themselves as close to the inner sanctum at SMiSA doesn't fill me with much hope that my £25 per month is being well spent either. Where are the community initiatives? The brilliant fresh eyed approach to business opportunities? Or even the initiatives to get Tony Fitzpatrick's goal of 7,000 odd St Mirren fans at every home game? If your car park attendants are sending people to park closer to the Showcase Cinema is it any wonder the clubs still stuck in reverse gear! 

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Do the yellow line parking sign restrictions not say something like 'parking is restricted during football games. The next football game is (blank date).'

In my experience these blanks haven't been filled in in ages. So I wonder if these were filled in today?

If not, this may invalidate the tickets as the parking restrictions are not clearly set out.

53 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

FFS, if you own a shop and the council stops people from parking outside it, it damages your business. If you've got a football club and the council ban people from parking near the stadium you'd better find an option for your customers to park at or else you're going to lose business - especially when you've already closed your own car park to anyone not holding a permit. And yes the club needs to sort out it's customer service and the way it puts out information on where to park. Other clubs do it easily. If it's true that the clubs advice today was to try the Asda car park then that is a f**king joke! 

Yep , every shop with lines outside it simply contacts the authorities and they change them..... thats how it works !    You really are a f**king idiot.    

1 hour ago, Stuart Dickson said:

http://www.saintmirren.net/pages/?page_id=5  

20 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Yep , every shop with lines outside it simply contacts the authorities and they change them..... thats how it works !    You really are a f**king idiot.    

Sunderland - a club in the centre of a city. Average home gate in excess of 40,000. Loads of parking restrictions around the stadium because people parking in the streets piss off the neighbours. Response. Park and Ride car parks set up on the outskirts of the City and buses to bring fans in. 

St Mirren - a club in an industrial wasteland, run down outskirt of a tired town. Average gate 2,000. Parking restrictions all around the derelict wasteland, so valuable to the council it plans to decant the remaining residents before bulldozing the whole area for a "Sports Village". Fans driving up to the gate of the club seeing a big car park with loads of empty spaces. "I'll have one of your empty spaces there sir, my good man". "Eh, naw you willnae. They are only for superderdooper fans who've bought season tickets and then paid extra for a parking permit, or for directors, or for friends of directors or for SMiSA or Fan Council committee members and you're no one of them cause you don't have a bad attitude". "So where should I park then kind sir". "Asda Linwood, near the Showcase Cinema. It's about 30 minutes walk away from here and there's some good movies on at half the price of watching this pish. We don't want new fans here anyway.....go on now f**k off". :rolleyes:

Callum thinks this is all fine....:rolleyes: My mate was right. Fan ownership in Paisley is doomed to be a disaster. There's too many small minded idiots with a wee club mentality and a huge chip on their shoulder supporting the club,. 

Edited to add - I thought the club was supposed to have quite a cosy relationship with a number of politicians in the area. You know, like George Adam and stuff like that...You'd think they'd be able to have a wee word with their mates running the council. Or was it perhaps part of the plan to recoup the money given to the club for naming rights on the stadium? Funding crisis, lets make the Saints fans pay? 

Edited by Stuart Dickson

6 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Sunderland - a club in the centre of a city. Average home gate in excess of 40,000. Loads of parking restrictions around the stadium because people parking in the streets piss off the neighbours. Response. Park and Ride car parks set up on the outskirts of the City and buses to bring fans in. 

St Mirren - a club in an industrial wasteland, run down outskirt of a tired town. Average gate 2,000. Parking restrictions all around the derelict wasteland, so valuable to the council it plans to decant the remaining residents before bulldozing the whole area for a "Sports Village". Fans driving up to the gate of the club seeing a big car park with loads of empty spaces. "I'll have one of your empty spaces there sir, my good man". "Eh, naw you willnae. They are only for superderdooper fans who've bought season tickets and then paid extra for a parking permit, or for directors, or for friends of directors or for SMiSA or Fan Council committee members and you're no one of them cause you don't have a bad attitude". "So where should I park then kind sir". "Asda Linwood, near the Showcase Cinema. It's about 30 minutes walk away from here and there's some good movies on at half the price of watching this pish. We don't want new fans here anyway.....go on now f**k off". :rolleyes:

Callum thinks this is all fine....:rolleyes: My mate was right. Fan ownership in Paisley is doomed to be a disaster. There's too many small minded idiots with a wee club mentality and a huge chip on their shoulder supporting the club,. 

Sunderland in the centre of the City ??  Dont think so . For someone who purports to be a Sunderland fan.... have you forgotten that the stadium of light was built on the old Wearmouth colliery site ??  Dont get many coalmines in city centres :lol:

1 minute ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Sunderland in the centre of the City ??  Dont think so . For someone who purports to be a Sunderland fan.... have you forgotten that the stadium of light was built on the old Wearmouth colliery site ??  Dont get many coalmines in city centres :lol:

Perhaps you should check a map then. The City Centre is yards away across the bridge going south. I take it you've never visited the area.....:rolleyes: 

2 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Do you not think it might be an idea to issue the car park attendants with this information? 

You said other clubs manage fine . as far as i can see they all do the same thing on their websites. If your son is too thick to find a suitable car parking space should he really be driving ?

I'm with Stuart on this one. If you're going to have folk on the gates of the car park saying folk can't come in, it makes sense for them to say where people can park. Admittedly, it doesn't require one of his 400 word pompous diatribes but it's still something that should be addressed.

6 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Perhaps you should check a map then. The City Centre is yards away across the bridge going south. I take it you've never visited the area.....:rolleyes: 

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Sunderland+AFC,+Stadium+of+Light,+Millenium+Way,+Sunderland+SR5+1SU,+United+Kingdom/City+Centre,+Sunderland,+UK/@54.909543,-1.3940109,15z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x487e667c65555555:0xc51f74cbcdf48335!2m2!1d-1.387941!2d54.913899!1m5!1m1!1s0x487e668885dbf857:0xc0231a9588506fa8!2m2!1d-1.3825713!2d54.9051661!3e2

Yeah Dickhead. 1.3 km is "yards away !!"   Shit stirring f**kwit who knows everything about Sunderland. 

Just now, Callum Gilhooley said:

I probably know Sunderland better than you do. Been covering the area for 30 years.

And you don't know that from Hay Street to the most southerly (furthest away) point of what would be classed as the City Centre is less than 1 mile? Are you sure you've been there? I know it's a tough old drive with all the one way roads and heavy match day traffic but if you get out the car and walk you'll see it. 

2 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Yeah it f**king is. Seriously. Asda to Greenhill Road is further away and you want to take issue on how close the Stadium of Light is to the town centre? f**king hell