The Sunderland A-Z Thread & Edinburgh Zoo

It looked to me that cars were being ticketed for parking in places where cars have always parked since the stadium was opened.

Also, elsewhere, the restrictions signs with the blank date (which I don't ever recall seeing in use at any time) were still blank today, with cars parked alongside as usual, and not being ticketed.

We're really going to need a definitive statement of where you can and can't park if they're going to be enforcing it randomly. 

Keeping the junctions clear of parked cars is fair enough because it can be a bit cosy turning that corner, but shite for the people affected today. The rest of the area is a shitehole wasteland and they're having a laugh if try to shut any more of it off to parking. 

While we're at it, they want to do something about that f**king puddle under the bridge as well.

4 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Yeah it f**king is. Seriously. Asda to Greenhill Road is further away and you want to take issue on how close the Stadium of Light is to the town centre? f**king hell

I`m not concerned about how far Asda is , i never mentioned it. I`m taking issue with your LIES about Sunderland FC being yards away from the City Centre. Which is cleary a ridiculous fabrication...... yet again.

8 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Yeah it f**king is. Seriously. Asda to Greenhill Road is further away and you want to take issue on how close the Stadium of Light is to the town centre? f**king hell

Mytake on this argument? In fairness. It's you that seemed infatuated by Sunderland's grounds proximity to the town centre. You brought it up to suit your agenda now you criticise others for highlighting your inadequacies? Tut, tut.

38 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

1 Mile ??   :huh:   But wait , didnt you say it was "yards away ?"  :lol:lol

Oh dear, is reading not your strong point? I also said that the 1 mile was to the FURTHEST AWAY part of the town centre. ie See if you start walking at Hay Street for 1 mile, you'll have walked through the whole f**king City Centre and come out the other side. If you measure to the Empire which I would say is the start of the town centre it's 0.4 miles or 700 yards....even I can jog that without stopping. 

You're currently doing a fine job of challenging Slart and Cocklesi for the Idiot of the Week award. 

Edited by Stuart Dickson

42 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:
5 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Oh dear, is reading not your strong point? I also said that the 1 mile was to the FURTHEST AWAY part of the town centre. ie See if you start walking at Hay Street for 1 mile, you'll have walked through the whole f**king City Centre and come out the other side. If you measure to the Empire which I would say is the start of the town centre it's 0.4 miles or 700 yards....even I can jog that without stopping. 

You're currently doing a fine job of challenging Slart and Cocklesi for the Idiot of the Week award. 

You`ve been caught making things up again fatboy. Theres not a week goes past when you dont trip yourself up with your LIES.   Lets get back to your original LIE, Sunderlands ground clearly is NOT in the City Centre. Admit it , you were talking shite.....again !:lol     "yards away" has now become 700 Yards away.  

Whos the idiot .:fishwallop

4 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

You`ve been caught making things up again fatboy. Theres not a week goes past when you dont trip yourself up with your LIES.   Lets get back to your original LIE, Sunderlands ground clearly is NOT in the City Centre. Admit it , you were talking shite.....again !:lol     "yards away" has now become 700 Yards away.  

Whos the idiot .:fishwallop

You! Very, very clearly, It's the equivalent of having a football stadium at the Heilanmans Umbrella on Argyle Street and you arguing that's not a City Centre stadium. 

4 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

You! Very, very clearly, It's the equivalent of having a football stadium at the Heilanmans Umbrella on Argyle Street and you arguing that's not a City Centre stadium. 

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/City+Centre,+Sunderland/@54.9055063,-1.3920822,15z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x487e668885dbf857:0xc0231a9588506fa8!8m2!3d54.9051661!4d-1.3825713

Sunderland city centre clearly marked....... & guess what ?  No football stadium.   Proof , if proof were needed that you are an ill informed idiot or simply a shit stirring LIAR.  You Choose.

1 minute ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/City+Centre,+Sunderland/@54.9055063,-1.3920822,15z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x487e668885dbf857:0xc0231a9588506fa8!8m2!3d54.9051661!4d-1.3825713

Sunderland city centre clearly marked....... & guess what ?  No football stadium.   Proof , if proof were needed that you are an ill informed idiot or simply a shit stirring LIAR.  You Choose.

You get funnier and funnier. Seriously. The figures are exactly as I quoted them. Exactly 704 yards from the exit gate at Millennium Way near Hay Street to the City Centre of Sunderland. Believe it or not it's actually closer to the City Centre from there than it is to the gates at the away end of the stadium walking counter clockwise. When you started this pish you said you didn't get coal mines close to City Centres. Have you actually been to Sunderland? 

And by the way none of this deflection from This Weeks Forum Idiot - I've decided to award it to Callum despite the tough challenges from Slarti and Cockles - should detract from the fact that St Mirren need to get the parking issue sorted if they don't want to drive away new supporters. And if George Adam does have anything about him he should be straight on to his council mates making sure they never try to fleece St Mirren fans like they have been ever again. 

Edited by Stuart Dickson

7 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

You get funnier and funnier. Seriously. The figures are exactly as I quoted them. Exactly 704 yards from the exit gate at Millennium Way near Hay Street to the City Centre of Sunderland. Believe it or not it's actually closer to the City Centre from there than it is to the gates at the away end of the stadium walking counter clockwise. When you started this pish you said you didn't get coal mines close to City Centres. Have you actually been to Sunderland? 

:lolIts getting further away each time ya clown

I ask again , where is the football stadium in that plan of the City  Centre :hammer

Also , please point out where i said you dont get coal mines close to city centres ?  I said IN city Centres.  Check it out . 

Dont let the facts get in the way of a good LIE dick.   

STOP TELLING LIES .

Since the stadium opened I have parked in Ferguslie Park Ave next to the car park entrance. Most weeks there no times on the no waiting poles for match times. But sometimes there are but up until today no-one has been ticketed. After 7 years of allowing parking the police and the club should have warned supporters that they were now going to issue tickets. The problem this season is using the Club parking for airport customers. At 2pm when I arrived to-today Ferguslie park ave was full on both sides of the road. Goodness knows where people parked today. On a side note at full time a minibus was allowed entry into the car park as supporters streamed out. The minibus deposited its holidaymakers then left while supporters' cars were still waiting to leave. Obviously holidaymakers are more important than season ticket holders.

52 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

:lolIts getting further away each time ya clown

I ask again , where is the football stadium in that plan of the City  Centre :hammer

Also , please point out where i said you dont get coal mines close to city centres ?  I said IN city Centres.  Check it out . 

Dont let the facts get in the way of a good LIE dick.   

STOP TELLING LIES .

So desperate, it's sad..... :booty:booty

33 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Since the stadium opened I have parked in Ferguslie Park Ave next to the car park entrance. Most weeks there no times on the no waiting poles for match times. But sometimes there are but up until today no-one has been ticketed. After 7 years of allowing parking the police and the club should have warned supporters that they were now going to issue tickets. The problem this season is using the Club parking for airport customers. At 2pm when I arrived to-today Ferguslie park ave was full on both sides of the road. Goodness knows where people parked today. On a side note at full time a minibus was allowed entry into the car park as supporters streamed out. The minibus deposited its holidaymakers then left while supporters' cars were still waiting to leave. Obviously holidaymakers are more important than season ticket holders.

And I wonder if this is exactly the reason the traffic wardens were out. It would be interesting to see if the stadium planning consent meant that x number of parking spaces had to be kept for match day traffic? 

All the same the parking restrictions are utterly ridiculous. People are clearly allowed to park in those places on a Monday to Friday when these businesses are operating, but on a Saturday when the place is otherwise deserted the restrictions are put into place. It really does look like this was a cash cow the council has been waiting to milk. George Adam is Chairman of SMiSA, surely he should be representing his membership and doing his bit to get these restrictions lifted. 

The cars that got tickets were parked on double yellow lines and the corner of a junction. Deservedly so.

There are countless places to park only a minute or two walk from Greenhill road so it's hardly the two page, Sunderland wankfast that this has become.

oh aye, GLS. Can you clean aw thst burd shite from the bottom of Well St tae.

The club are somewhat responsible for the big puddle under the bridge. It's where the pish from our breeks gathers after watching Alex Rae's shite.

As an aside. St James Park, Newcastle is IN the city centre, never mind near the city centre. Ya boo sucks!

FAO Mr Dickson
I am a member of the Fans Council and I do not get a pass nor do any other council members. I also work for the club on a match day and do not have nor can I can't get a pass for any car park. So Mr Dickson can you please tell me where you get the info that we have all passes.....or can you please tell me how to get one.

1 hour ago, aldo_j said:

The cars that got tickets were parked on double yellow lines and the corner of a junction. Deservedly so.

There are countless places to park only a minute or two walk from Greenhill road

Correct, McKenzie St, Tannahill Road (not the one-way section) Tannahill Terrace, Blackstoun Oval, Douglas St are places I've parked in the past, all less than 5 minutes walk to the turnstiles.

5 minutes ago, alanmurray24 said:

FAO Mr Dickson
I am a member of the Fans Council and I do not get a pass nor do any other council members. I also work for the club on a match day and do not have nor can I can't get a pass for any car park. So Mr Dickson can you please tell me where you get the info that we have all passes.....or can you please tell me how to get one.

Given his untruths that you've already seen on this thread, just aceept he's made it up and move on.

It's much easier that way.

Although, on occasion, it can be mildly amusing seeing him try to wriggle out of his bare faced lies.

1 minute ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Correct, McKenzie St, Tannahill Road (not the one-way section) Tannahill Terrace, Blackstoun Oval, Douglas St are places I've parked in the past, all less than 5 minutes walk to the turnstiles.

Did you need the club stewards to give you directions to these places?:rolleyes: