Rae begone

35 minutes ago, Drew said:

Absolutely.

If people joined up on the basis that they would only remain committed if the team are performing well, they have monumentally missed the point of the exercise.

Surely there can't be more than a dozen or so people quite so cretinous, in which case, they won't be missed.

Rubbish. If we lose at Ayr I'm cancelling my SMiSA membership. I'll re-join if we beat Dunfermline. Lose to Dumbarton and I'll cancel it again. Beat Dundee United and I'll start it again. Lose to Falkirk and fcuk um' cancellation time again.

It's the way forward. COYS.

Not necessarily. We're just three games in and this league is a piece of piss if you're well organised.

4-4-2 is naive in the extreme: if he can tweak that, and soon, then we might be alright. Send one of Shankland and Hardie back, bring in a proper DM, switch to 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 or 3-5-2 or whatever it takes to give us an actual midfield and you never know we might be alright.

Or... Flog Mallan and bring in two new midfielders in his place.

I'd flog Mallan in a heartbeat!

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Whilst I'm not calling for his head yet, I took one look at the lineup on the Facebook feed yesterday on the way to the match, let out a groan and commented to my mate that he's gone 4-4-2 again. 

At that point both of us knew the game was a bogey in terms of us getting a result or a performance. That's genuinely concerning that we, as regular punters, knew exactly how that match would pan out at half past 2 yesterday, yet the guy in charge continues to persist with the same failing, dated tactics. 

Yup maybe he has been a bit unlucky with injuries to Gordon, Mackenzie & Quinn but it's been clear for a couple of games that Plan A is not working with the players currently available.

Is it just me who didn't see nearly as many aimless high punts yesterday? Plenty of aimless balls, but it did seem to me that the tactic of punt after punt had been abandoned to some extent.

Not quite sure if it was replaced with anything else that could be described as a 'tactic', however.

Just now, Drew said:

Another curious thing was Rae's reference to the team being 'compact' for 20 minutes or so. He said this in his post match interview. I don't know what that means. Anyone?

Not a clue. Did he set his stall out early doors and did we execute the game plan though?

7 minutes ago, Drew said:

Another curious thing was Rae's reference to the team being 'compact' for 20 minutes or so. He said this in his post match interview. I don't know what that means. Anyone?

Must have been the time the players were in the dressing room at h/t. That would have been the only time they were close enough to each others.

It is well documented on these boards how opposed I was to Murray coming in as soon as it was a rumour, despite my belief he was wrong and useless i opted to reserve complete judgement until we had played a full round of games (9).

very concerned we have not kicked on from last season, appreciate the midfield is injured but firmly believe if we havent significantly improved on last season after nine games we wont do for the remainder of the season. i will check back in on this thread then.

I'm reading a few posts that place a fair amount of emphasis on players being out injured.

In terms of players we have seen in the stripes, it is really only Quinn who has been missing through injury. Quite how anyone can pass comment beyond mere speculation on what McKenzie and Gordon would bring to the team is puzzling to me. I don't doubt that it would be beneficial to have the option of playing them, but I wouldn't buy the contention that Rae has unduly suffered on account of their absence (I appreciate few would claim this). 

Even without Quinn, McKenzie, and Gordon, we should be doing better than we have thus far. 

10 minutes ago, Drew said:

I'm reading a few posts that place a fair amount of emphasis on players being out injured.

In terms of players we have seen in the stripes, it is really only Quinn who has been missing through injury. Quite how anyone can pass comment beyond mere speculation on what McKenzie and Gordon would bring to the team is puzzling to me. I don't doubt that it would be beneficial to have the option of playing them, but I wouldn't buy the contention that Rae has unduly suffered on account of their absence (I appreciate few would claim this). 

Even without Quinn, McKenzie, and Gordon, we should be doing better than we have thus far. 

And if rumours are true Main Man then Gordon will be punted soon anyway ....

18 minutes ago, Drew said:

I can understand players missing through injury but i cant get the ones who have been missing in action.We have players who dont want the ball and that to me is criminal.OK they are not on the salary as Pogba etc but fffs they are pro footballers.We have to go to work on a Monday and take flak and i dont see why they should go to work and dont. 

I didn't think that Rae was a brilliant appointment at the time but his home record last season was pretty much the best we've seen at that stadium (and probably going back a while at Love Street too) and that made it half enjoyable going to watch the team on a Saturday. That being said I was worried as he crafted a squad in the close season as it had no balance at all and when he started 4-4-2 I was really concerned. I wasn't at the opener but the Raith and Hibs games have been f**king awful and he needs to change the formation right now and abandon the two wingers experiment as it simply won't work in this league with the level of talent we have.
Big game on Saturday, no doubt.

On 8/20/2016 at 5:55 PM, foxbar_bud said:

Of course they would, unemployed managers or up and comers would both still be attracted to the Saints job.

Got to agree , I came back for the first time in a while and saw Jamie Fullarton sitting close to me in the stand taking notes. Saints might have been poor on Saturday but young managers who want to make a mark would still come, as would some of the ones with a few more miles on the clock

On 21/08/2016 at 8:00 PM, Lethal89 said:

I'm pretty sure he left Inverness because his budget was being cut so can't see him taking a job with us.

Peter Houston left Dundee Utd due to a decrease in salary but I doubt Falkirk are paying him more than Dundee Utd did.

People make decisions then when things do not work out as they hoped they accept whatever is going. I am sure Yogi would prefer to work for us than be claiming benefits..

Peter Houston left Dundee Utd due to a decrease in salary but I doubt Falkirk are paying him more than Dundee Utd did.

People make decisions then when things do not work out as they hoped they accept whatever is going. I am sure Yogi would prefer to work for us than be claiming benefits..

You misunderstand me Sonny I mean his player budget was being cut not his wages.

Guest TPAFKATS
If he gets a gig he stops getting paid off county, but county prob pay more so he could sit this season out and get paid well

Aye, Fullarton's got previous for that.