Rae Must Go!

40 minutes ago, athens-saint said:

Don`t worry folks! NedFlanders123 says there is nothing shocking about this team!!!

Bollocks. I was responding to a diddy cup game where anything can happen North or South of the border.  The league is the bread and butter and frankly we are rudderless, clueless and deserve to be where we are. Am I happy?  Absolutely not and something is seriously wrong now and has been for at  least four seasons now. Losing ruins my weekend like any other fan so if singling me out under another alias makes you happy then sobeit. Btw, I was at the match, were you? 

Saints continue to wait for their first win of the league season after losing to Queen of the South. Manager Alex Rae gives his thoughts.

He said: “We’re obviously in a difficult place. We’re conceding goals with considerable ease at the moment and it’s not the young ones, it’s the senior ones who are causing the problems. Unfortunately we’re making it very difficult for ourselves. We equalised and we allow them to just waltz up the pitch unopposed and get a tap in. It’s extremely disappointing.

“We created a couple of chances in the first half where their keeper pulled off a couple of decent saves. We need to remain positive. When I was at Dundee, we started the season exactly the same the opening five games without a win and we finished third so we know we can turn it round.”

Today’s results means Saints are now bottom of the table and the fans made their displeasure known during and after the match. The manager added: “I can understand people’s frustration, I’m as frustrated as anyone. This has got nothing to do with tactics, this is purely down to individuals who, unfortunately, are crumbling under a bit of pressure.”

Nothing to do with tactics?

Alex... That is up there with Murray saying he knew more about football than the fans as one of the most stupid things ever said by a Saints manager.

Nothing to do with the tactics? Why change them then?

Nothing to do with the tactics? Why did everyone I spoke to fear a humiliation on seeing our lineup and allegedly infallible tactics?

Loving the meltdown.

The clowns who cried to get rid of Danny Lennon, a manager who sustained our premier league status and won a national trophy, must be really happy we are a real diddy team in a diddy league.

Can't be arsesd searching out my post but be careful what you wish for.............you also get what you deserve. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Loving the meltdown.

The clowns who cried to get rid of Danny Lennon, a manager who sustained our premier league status and won a national trophy, must be really happy we are a real diddy team in a diddy league.

Can't be arsesd searching out my post but be careful what you wish for.............you also get what you deserve. :rolleyes:

Glad you're happy Robert

Just now, faraway saint said:

Seems plenty are happy with the incessant belief that it's ALL the managers fault.

I would have thought you would have seen the flaw in that train of thought.

Of course the players have a part

But he continues to play the same players who are making basic mistakes each single game

I said he had to work on the defence as they gifting goals every single week

But continue with tactics that leave us very open

Gus or wee Danny changed when in a rut make yourself hard to beat first of all a solid base

He did that last season when he came in why the change?

Anybody that witnessed that "performance" today has no doubt  - manager doesn't have clue. He probably went by the crowd reaction to pull off Webster.  Don't have any confidence that he can turn it round either. We are not in a good place !

Edited by Dare

54 minutes ago, SuperSaints 12 said:

Saints continue to wait for their first win of the league season after losing to Queen of the South. Manager Alex Rae gives his thoughts.

He said: “We’re obviously in a difficult place. We’re conceding goals with considerable ease at the moment and it’s not the young ones, it’s the senior ones who are causing the problems. Unfortunately we’re making it very difficult for ourselves. We equalised and we allow them to just waltz up the pitch unopposed and get a tap in. It’s extremely disappointing.

“We created a couple of chances in the first half where their keeper pulled off a couple of decent saves. We need to remain positive. When I was at Dundee, we started the season exactly the same the opening five games without a win and we finished third so we know we can turn it round.”

Today’s results means Saints are now bottom of the table and the fans made their displeasure known during and after the match. The manager added: “I can understand people’s frustration, I’m as frustrated as anyone. This has got nothing to do with tactics, this is purely down to individuals who, unfortunately, are crumbling under a bit of pressure.”

This bit should be added to the bottom, no idea what the f**k has happened to it:

“It’s hard for me to watch as well at the moment but I’m part of it and I was obviously responsible for bringing these guys in so obviously the blame lies at my door.”

32 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Loving the meltdown.

Since you have not seen the team playing this year or most other years you know nothing that is happening on a sat afternoon..

17 minutes ago, Stu said:

This bit should be added to the bottom, no idea what the f**k has happened to it:

“It’s hard for me to watch as well at the moment but I’m part of it and I was obviously responsible for bringing these guys in so obviously the blame lies at my door.”

And therein lies the problem.

Some competent and some very good players were brought in, but it looks to one and all that very little thought was put into how these players actually fit into a coherent working team formation.

Add in the gaping hole in midfield that exists as a result of not signing a midfield general, and it's easy to see why we're languishing at the bottom of the league and why I've put another bottle of cava in the freezer.:guinness

Edited by FTOF

1 hour ago, SuperSaints 12 said:

They're his players, under his direction day in day out, it's high time he took some responsibility here and left. 

28 minutes ago, Stu said:

And therein lies the issue.. Recruitment of players will get you praise ... Or your P45

Edited by STGBuddy

The question for Scott and the BOD is now simply how many more of these performances they're going to take.

It's the same every game. 5 league games, 5 horrific performances, 0 wins and 2 points. Both points coming from late equalisers and we have been utterly outplayed and humped in the 3 defeats.

I think it's clear now Rae won't turn it around. So, how many more of these shambolic performances will we have to sit through before they act? 1? 3? 10?

Everyone seemed to blame the old BOD for all our ills, well I don't recall us ever being bottom of the second tier in September under their watch. This is a new low in the modern era for St Mirren. This new BOD must act and must act quickly.

Dumbarton or bust.

5 hours ago, nedflanders123 said:

Bollocks. I was responding to a diddy cup game where anything can happen North or South of the border.  The league is the bread and butter and frankly we are rudderless, clueless and deserve to be where we are. Am I happy?  Absolutely not and something is seriously wrong now and has been for at  least four seasons now. Losing ruins my weekend like any other fan so if singling me out under another alias makes you happy then sobeit. Btw, I was at the match, were you? 

Calm down, Ned. Aye - was at the game today. Main stand season-ticket holder. Like last week, the performance was shocking! We`ve now shipped 6 in the last two games. Worse than Ian Murray!!!!!

Edited by athens-saint

4 hours ago, FTOF said:

And therein lies the problem.

Some competent and some very good players were brought in, but it looks to one and all that very little thought was put into how these players actually fit into a coherent working team formation.

Add in the gaping hole in midfield that exists as a result of not signing a midfield general, and it's easy to see why we're languishing at the bottom of the league and why I've put another bottle of cava in the freezer.:guinness

Cava ! 

FFS.....